NYJetsFan.com Forums: John Idzik Not Sold On Desean Jackson - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Bring something to the table!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:52 PM) AJ Hawk getting cut means that the Packers are going to try real hard to lock up Cobb
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 06:52 PM) and the Lions released oft injured Reggie Bush
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 07:29 PM) The Packers had the cap space to lock up Cobb regardless
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 07:30 PM) But Bryan Bulaga is also a FA< so they have 2 important guys to re-sign. I think the OT is more important for Rodgers
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 09:17 PM) 22 days 21 hours 27 min till FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) If we get rid of Harvin, Kevin White looks like a nice replacement.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 February 2015 - 10:06 PM) 6'3 runs a 4.35 and had elite production in college
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:38 PM) NOT SO BREAKING NEWS: WINTER SUCKS
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:41 PM) Lol Liverpool
santana Icon : (26 February 2015 - 03:42 PM) epl teams sucking ass this year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 04:41 PM) The Jills are negotiating with Josh "Tears of" McCown
ganggreen2003 Icon : (26 February 2015 - 07:24 PM) Now the Browns are trying to woo Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 01:59 PM) please please let the browns get him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:40 PM) The Browns have signed Josh "Tears of" McCown
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 February 2015 - 06:43 PM) YES!!
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:18 PM) ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini speculates free agent Michael Vick may draw some interest from the Ravens.
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 12:19 PM) vick stay here pls
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:18 PM) Sucks Anthony Mason died
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) but Josh "Tears of" McCown is now a perennial loser going from Tampa Bay to Cleveland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) going from one cesspool to another
santana Icon : (28 February 2015 - 09:46 PM) You realize the jets are in cesspool mode as well right?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) no we aren't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) we are in good shape compared to those 2 other franchises
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 February 2015 - 11:29 PM) so I'm not even putting MY JETS in the same category as those lowly Tampa Bay Bucs and Cleveland Browns
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:53 AM) The Jets are a total cesspool
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) FIRE TEH JETS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:27 PM) ALL TEH CAP SPACE
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) NFL Expanding rosters from 53 to 55
santana Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) yay more room for quarter backs
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:31 AM) McCourty wont be tagged neither will Cobb or Maclin
santana Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) should get suh
santana Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) just destroy olines
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:40 PM) Nah hell want more than vet minimum. Can't have that.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:24 PM) Jets have $51 miles in cap space right now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:24 PM) Mil *
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:02 PM) So is Harvin going to be on the JETS roster in 2015 or we cutting him? What's the SCOOP
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:04 PM) my guess is if he does not restructure they will wait until they see what they can get in FA before making that decision.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:04 PM) We have until the 19th.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:05 PM) I cant wait until FA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:18 PM) The Jets actually have $55 mil in cap space right now, $65 once they release Harvin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:33 PM) well Maccagnan better spend that $55 mil but spend it wisely as hell
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:34 PM) I think he won't just throw money at players just cause of the name on the back of their jersey
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:34 PM) TRUST MACCAGNAN!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 09:37 PM) this just in geno smith signs extension for 39 mil
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

John Idzik Not Sold On Desean Jackson

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

DeSean Jackson may appear to be a good fit for the Jets, but the one person who has the authority to sign Jackson seems unconvinced.

Jets owner Woody Johnson has publicly acknowledged the team’s interest, but according to ESPN.com, when the Jets had internal discussions about acquiring Jackson, Idzik wasn’t swayed.

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator for five of Jackson’s six seasons in Philadelphia, and according to the report Mornhinweg is vouching for Jackson by saying he’d be a good fit both in the offense and in the locker room. But Mornhinweg doesn’t have any say on personnel matters, and Idzik doesn’t appear to be convinced that Jackson is someone the Jets should want.


Although the Jets have plenty of cap space, they’ve generally shied away from being big spenders this offseason. And now it looks like they won’t spend big to bring Jackson to New York.

Washington appears to be the early favorite to land Jackson, solely based on the fact that Washington is the one place we know Jackson will visit. How that visit plays out on Monday will determine whether other teams jump into the Jackson sweepstakes, but from all indications Idzik isn’t interested in making New York Jackson’s next stop.

Quote


Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,077
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

I know he has declined any gang relations but it still strikes me as odd they cut their best WR over $10 million a year. They are not in cap hell. As much as we need more talent on offense I am ok with the wait and see on him at this point.however if this turns out to be a bogus story and we missed on a great WR for money my patience with Idzik may wear thin.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   jet-man Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 196
  • Joined: 04-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

whatever the case, the good news is the draft has wr depth.
marquise lee
brandin cook
kelvin Benjamin
martavious Bryant
devante adams
r. landry
o. beckham jr.
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,714
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 March 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

DeSean Jackson may appear to be a good fit for the Jets, but the one person who has the authority to sign Jackson seems unconvinced.

Jets owner Woody Johnson has publicly acknowledged the team’s interest, but according to ESPN.com, when the Jets had internal discussions about acquiring Jackson, Idzik wasn’t swayed.

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator for five of Jackson’s six seasons in Philadelphia, and according to the report Mornhinweg is vouching for Jackson by saying he’d be a good fit both in the offense and in the locker room. But Mornhinweg doesn’t have any say on personnel matters, and Idzik doesn’t appear to be convinced that Jackson is someone the Jets should want.


Although the Jets have plenty of cap space, they’ve generally shied away from being big spenders this offseason. And now it looks like they won’t spend big to bring Jackson to New York.

Washington appears to be the early favorite to land Jackson, solely based on the fact that Washington is the one place we know Jackson will visit. How that visit plays out on Monday will determine whether other teams jump into the Jackson sweepstakes, but from all indications Idzik isn’t interested in making New York Jackson’s next stop.


I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,077
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 March 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.


There is more to this story that we don't know. If Andy Reid did not want him as his former HC and the Eagles released him there is some serious questions to be answered.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,126
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 March 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.


He doesn't have to spend another $20M this year and Idzik seems to be 100% committed to building through the draft. The leftover cap space can be carried over to next year and be used to extend the key D guys next year - Coples, Wilkerson, Harrison. The Eagles cut DJax and the Chiefs passed on him. If that isn't a red flag to you, I don't know what is. With the amount of WR talent available in the draft this year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pass on DJax and draft Cooks or Beckham to get a similar caliber player with a better attitude and a very team friendly contract.
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,077
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostChaos, on 31 March 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

He doesn't have to spend another $20M this year and Idzik seems to be 100% committed to building through the draft. The leftover cap space can be carried over to next year and be used to extend the key D guys next year - Coples, Wilkerson, Harrison. The Eagles cut DJax and the Chiefs passed on him. If that isn't a red flag to you, I don't know what is. With the amount of WR talent available in the draft this year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pass on DJax and draft Cooks or Beckham to get a similar caliber player with a better attitude and a very team friendly contract.

The biggest intrigue to me with D-Jax is that he is a top tier player. He would fill a hole we have now allowing us to draft a CB in round 1 if one is there. Having this many holes going into the Draft is a bit concerning. However if what the speculation is right about D-Jax I dont blame Idzik about passing on him. Also I think Idzik is still thinking of this as a wildcard at best year. When you look at how much teams like the Pats and Broncos did in FA, It is hard to say we will be able to compete even with D-Jax and DRC. I can see he is sticking to his guns with the "long term plans" or "Substainable Success".
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,084
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Jets have the lowest cash payroll in the NFL. You can't expect to hit on all 12 draft picks.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,139
  • Joined: 04-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boca Raton, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

The Jets have the lowest cash payroll in the NFL. You can't expect to hit on all 12 draft picks.

Given the jets draft history, I would be thrilled if they hit on half of their picks!
0

#10 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,126
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Quote

@Edwerderespn: Re: @DeseanJackson10: We know Skins interested; expect Panthers, Raiders and Jets involvement. Have been told Saints, Packers, Pats are out

0

#11 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 270
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

I had to get on here because I knew 115 would be giving up on the Jets if they don't sign Jackson. Dude probably owns a half dozen of his jersies.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,714
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 March 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I had to get on here because I knew 115 would be giving up on the Jets if they don't sign Jackson. Dude probably owns a half dozen of his jersies.


No, everytime i buy a jersey of a player, they leave in 1-2 years. no lie. last 2 jerseys i brought were revis and sanchez. and look both gone.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,455
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I agree with the assessment that he isn't worth taking a chance on regardless of skill.

First Philly flat out releases one of the best receivers in the game. That says something.

Next.....


Andy Reid believes in second chances.

Bringing in Vick after his prison sentence and with all the people that had sheer hate for Vick by maybe half the country for what he had done to those dogs and Read is a dog lover himself. That is a huge testament to a coach believing in second chances.

And yet Reid wants absolutely nothing to do with Jackson? That right there speaks volumes. Other teams see this and realize the skill isn't worth the problems that come with the receiver.

So 115 if you cant see this clear writing on the wall in this instance you are an idiot. You would rather chance one problem receiver with major baggage being brought in and possibly destroying the locker room or at the very least causing constant problems just because he has skill????? If Reid doesn't want him Jackson is not worth the trouble. The Chiefs certainly need receivers big time.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,714
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 01 April 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

I agree with the assessment that he isn't worth taking a chance on regardless of skill.

First Philly flat out releases one of the best receivers in the game. That says something.

Next.....


Andy Reid believes in second chances.

Bringing in Vick after his prison sentence and with all the people that had sheer hate for Vick by maybe half the country for what he had done to those dogs and Read is a dog lover himself. That is a huge testament to a coach believing in second chances.

And yet Reid wants absolutely nothing to do with Jackson? That right there speaks volumes. Other teams see this and realize the skill isn't worth the problems that come with the receiver.

So 115 if you cant see this clear writing on the wall in this instance you are an idiot. You would rather chance one problem receiver with major baggage being brought in and possibly destroying the locker room or at the very least causing constant problems just because he has skill????? If Reid doesn't want him Jackson is not worth the trouble. The Chiefs certainly need receivers big time.


really? your comparing when reid was desperate for a QB the single most important position in football and a talent like vick was there to a WR? and its not like KC has a major need at WR. they did kick ass last year with a decent WR group. I mean we did the same for edwards and holmes and it gave us enough offense to almsot make the SB 2 years in a roe. edwards became a leader and a great guy despite his stupid DUI mistake and holmes was an idiot i'll admit, but for the 1st 2 years he made out offense run much better. And then there was cro, who we took a chance on and he paired with revis for the best CB duo and made 2 pro bowls for us and turned his life around and has become a much better person. Everybody speaking out right for jacksan has said he's a great guy, does charity work, has no gang relations etc. Fukcing ray lewis killed people and got away with it, and everyone here wanted us to sign him. Irvin cut his teammate with a pair of scissors but was still a top WR all time and helped dallas win super bowls. TO got kciked off several teams but still helped his teams win.

I'm sorry but your crazy to think jackson wouldn't be a big help to this team.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users