NYJetsFan.com Forums: John Idzik Not Sold On Desean Jackson - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

John Idzik Not Sold On Desean Jackson

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

DeSean Jackson may appear to be a good fit for the Jets, but the one person who has the authority to sign Jackson seems unconvinced.

Jets owner Woody Johnson has publicly acknowledged the team’s interest, but according to ESPN.com, when the Jets had internal discussions about acquiring Jackson, Idzik wasn’t swayed.

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator for five of Jackson’s six seasons in Philadelphia, and according to the report Mornhinweg is vouching for Jackson by saying he’d be a good fit both in the offense and in the locker room. But Mornhinweg doesn’t have any say on personnel matters, and Idzik doesn’t appear to be convinced that Jackson is someone the Jets should want.


Although the Jets have plenty of cap space, they’ve generally shied away from being big spenders this offseason. And now it looks like they won’t spend big to bring Jackson to New York.

Washington appears to be the early favorite to land Jackson, solely based on the fact that Washington is the one place we know Jackson will visit. How that visit plays out on Monday will determine whether other teams jump into the Jackson sweepstakes, but from all indications Idzik isn’t interested in making New York Jackson’s next stop.

Quote


Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,893
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

I know he has declined any gang relations but it still strikes me as odd they cut their best WR over $10 million a year. They are not in cap hell. As much as we need more talent on offense I am ok with the wait and see on him at this point.however if this turns out to be a bogus story and we missed on a great WR for money my patience with Idzik may wear thin.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   jet-man Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 190
  • Joined: 04-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

whatever the case, the good news is the draft has wr depth.
marquise lee
brandin cook
kelvin Benjamin
martavious Bryant
devante adams
r. landry
o. beckham jr.
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 March 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

DeSean Jackson may appear to be a good fit for the Jets, but the one person who has the authority to sign Jackson seems unconvinced.

Jets owner Woody Johnson has publicly acknowledged the team’s interest, but according to ESPN.com, when the Jets had internal discussions about acquiring Jackson, Idzik wasn’t swayed.

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator for five of Jackson’s six seasons in Philadelphia, and according to the report Mornhinweg is vouching for Jackson by saying he’d be a good fit both in the offense and in the locker room. But Mornhinweg doesn’t have any say on personnel matters, and Idzik doesn’t appear to be convinced that Jackson is someone the Jets should want.


Although the Jets have plenty of cap space, they’ve generally shied away from being big spenders this offseason. And now it looks like they won’t spend big to bring Jackson to New York.

Washington appears to be the early favorite to land Jackson, solely based on the fact that Washington is the one place we know Jackson will visit. How that visit plays out on Monday will determine whether other teams jump into the Jackson sweepstakes, but from all indications Idzik isn’t interested in making New York Jackson’s next stop.


I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,893
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 March 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.


There is more to this story that we don't know. If Andy Reid did not want him as his former HC and the Eagles released him there is some serious questions to be answered.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 2,998
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 March 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.


He doesn't have to spend another $20M this year and Idzik seems to be 100% committed to building through the draft. The leftover cap space can be carried over to next year and be used to extend the key D guys next year - Coples, Wilkerson, Harrison. The Eagles cut DJax and the Chiefs passed on him. If that isn't a red flag to you, I don't know what is. With the amount of WR talent available in the draft this year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pass on DJax and draft Cooks or Beckham to get a similar caliber player with a better attitude and a very team friendly contract.
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,893
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostChaos, on 31 March 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

He doesn't have to spend another $20M this year and Idzik seems to be 100% committed to building through the draft. The leftover cap space can be carried over to next year and be used to extend the key D guys next year - Coples, Wilkerson, Harrison. The Eagles cut DJax and the Chiefs passed on him. If that isn't a red flag to you, I don't know what is. With the amount of WR talent available in the draft this year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pass on DJax and draft Cooks or Beckham to get a similar caliber player with a better attitude and a very team friendly contract.

The biggest intrigue to me with D-Jax is that he is a top tier player. He would fill a hole we have now allowing us to draft a CB in round 1 if one is there. Having this many holes going into the Draft is a bit concerning. However if what the speculation is right about D-Jax I dont blame Idzik about passing on him. Also I think Idzik is still thinking of this as a wildcard at best year. When you look at how much teams like the Pats and Broncos did in FA, It is hard to say we will be able to compete even with D-Jax and DRC. I can see he is sticking to his guns with the "long term plans" or "Substainable Success".
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,987
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Jets have the lowest cash payroll in the NFL. You can't expect to hit on all 12 draft picks.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,075
  • Joined: 04-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boca Raton, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

The Jets have the lowest cash payroll in the NFL. You can't expect to hit on all 12 draft picks.

Given the jets draft history, I would be thrilled if they hit on half of their picks!
0

#10 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 2,998
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Quote

@Edwerderespn: Re: @DeseanJackson10: We know Skins interested; expect Panthers, Raiders and Jets involvement. Have been told Saints, Packers, Pats are out

0

#11 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 198
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

I had to get on here because I knew 115 would be giving up on the Jets if they don't sign Jackson. Dude probably owns a half dozen of his jersies.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 March 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I had to get on here because I knew 115 would be giving up on the Jets if they don't sign Jackson. Dude probably owns a half dozen of his jersies.


No, everytime i buy a jersey of a player, they leave in 1-2 years. no lie. last 2 jerseys i brought were revis and sanchez. and look both gone.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,383
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I agree with the assessment that he isn't worth taking a chance on regardless of skill.

First Philly flat out releases one of the best receivers in the game. That says something.

Next.....


Andy Reid believes in second chances.

Bringing in Vick after his prison sentence and with all the people that had sheer hate for Vick by maybe half the country for what he had done to those dogs and Read is a dog lover himself. That is a huge testament to a coach believing in second chances.

And yet Reid wants absolutely nothing to do with Jackson? That right there speaks volumes. Other teams see this and realize the skill isn't worth the problems that come with the receiver.

So 115 if you cant see this clear writing on the wall in this instance you are an idiot. You would rather chance one problem receiver with major baggage being brought in and possibly destroying the locker room or at the very least causing constant problems just because he has skill????? If Reid doesn't want him Jackson is not worth the trouble. The Chiefs certainly need receivers big time.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,560
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 01 April 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

I agree with the assessment that he isn't worth taking a chance on regardless of skill.

First Philly flat out releases one of the best receivers in the game. That says something.

Next.....


Andy Reid believes in second chances.

Bringing in Vick after his prison sentence and with all the people that had sheer hate for Vick by maybe half the country for what he had done to those dogs and Read is a dog lover himself. That is a huge testament to a coach believing in second chances.

And yet Reid wants absolutely nothing to do with Jackson? That right there speaks volumes. Other teams see this and realize the skill isn't worth the problems that come with the receiver.

So 115 if you cant see this clear writing on the wall in this instance you are an idiot. You would rather chance one problem receiver with major baggage being brought in and possibly destroying the locker room or at the very least causing constant problems just because he has skill????? If Reid doesn't want him Jackson is not worth the trouble. The Chiefs certainly need receivers big time.


really? your comparing when reid was desperate for a QB the single most important position in football and a talent like vick was there to a WR? and its not like KC has a major need at WR. they did kick ass last year with a decent WR group. I mean we did the same for edwards and holmes and it gave us enough offense to almsot make the SB 2 years in a roe. edwards became a leader and a great guy despite his stupid DUI mistake and holmes was an idiot i'll admit, but for the 1st 2 years he made out offense run much better. And then there was cro, who we took a chance on and he paired with revis for the best CB duo and made 2 pro bowls for us and turned his life around and has become a much better person. Everybody speaking out right for jacksan has said he's a great guy, does charity work, has no gang relations etc. Fukcing ray lewis killed people and got away with it, and everyone here wanted us to sign him. Irvin cut his teammate with a pair of scissors but was still a top WR all time and helped dallas win super bowls. TO got kciked off several teams but still helped his teams win.

I'm sorry but your crazy to think jackson wouldn't be a big help to this team.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users