NYJetsFan.com Forums: John Idzik Not Sold On Desean Jackson - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets miss out on playoffs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 05:51 PM) CMON DENVER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 06:00 PM) This Denver D is stiflin the f*** out of the CHEATriots OL
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 06:34 PM) THANK YOU DENVER!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 January 2016 - 07:11 PM) We need a stud outside pass rushing LB. look what Miller and ware did to Brady twice this year
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 January 2016 - 09:51 PM) CAM NEWTON!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 January 2016 - 01:33 PM) I think both of these defenses are showing us that you need fast and athletic lbs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 January 2016 - 08:48 PM) so do we bring back Mo?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 January 2016 - 10:23 AM) of course
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 January 2016 - 10:23 AM) we franchise tag him
vjdbbq Icon : (26 January 2016 - 02:41 PM) But then we have very little cap room left . Is he worth it ?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2016 - 09:43 PM) If we cut cro and brick we will be around 28 million under the cap. We can tag him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2016 - 09:44 PM) Or tag and trade him. No way we should just let him walk
vjdbbq Icon : (27 January 2016 - 08:24 AM) We need Cro and Brick but for less salary .
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:18 AM) what up home dawgs?
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:22 AM) long time no chat, Ya boy has returned from the depths. Good to see everyone alive and well. Another season down the drain... what else is new? Fitz coming back next yr means we wont be going to the superbowl. We seriously need to land a QB. I hope Petty is the future and Im still quietly waiting for Geno to show up. IF they retain him it would speak volumes
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 January 2016 - 11:23 AM) I'm done with Geno. Never really expected much from him from the beginning. So I'm also looking for Petty to be the future.
vjdbbq Icon : (29 January 2016 - 04:33 PM) GENO SUCKS MONKEY DICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:16 PM) S-Dubb??.Who's that guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:17 PM) FIRE S-DUBB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Dubb and Amen? Did I take a wrong turn and land back in 2007?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Haha good to see both of you
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:28 PM) I don't care if Cro comes back, I think Marcus Williams can start opposite Revis. Hes a ball hawk and has performed well everytime hes called on.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) I want Fitz back as starter, he lacks arm talent but he is scrappy
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) The team loves him as a leader and he is a good bridge QB as we groom a QB of the future.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He also has top notch pocket awareness.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He allows our playmakers to make plays. After years of terrible QB play, I'll take 31 TD 15 INTs almost 4,000 yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM) I can't stop thinking about the off season...... what the hell are we gonna do!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Maccagnan is going to have to show his worth
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) They can't have Wilkerson on that franchise tag, they have to sign him long term with a small cap hit or trade him. Otherwise we are in trouble with other FAs.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) We need Harrison back, you can't run a effective 3-4 without a stud NT.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:01 AM) I hope we get Harrison back on a 4 yr contract.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:55 PM) I really think we are going to have to tag and trade Wilkerson
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) If we keep wilk we lose Harrison or Fitzpatrick maybe both
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) And ivory
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:23 PM) We can't keep Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams. A move has to be made
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) If the Jets want to go cheaper, they can try to trade Wilkerson and have Richardson/Williams for cheap
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Then they can re-sign Harrison, FItzpatrick, Ivory, and maybe Powell.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Kaepernick apparently wants out of SF and wants to join the Jets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Guess he sees the Jets as a team with a great WR tandem and a quality OC who builds a offense around the players
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) No thanks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) Unless he's dirt cheap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:30 AM) The jets would be fools to take on that contract
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 02:09 PM) keep powell, snakcs, wilkerson, and fitz. let ivory walk, trade richardson, cut cromartie, restructure brick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM) Marshall said no to Kaepnerick, he wants FItzpatrick as his QB
vjdbbq Icon : (04 February 2016 - 12:07 PM) Where's Rob ? I need some ass shots !!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

John Idzik Not Sold On Desean Jackson

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

DeSean Jackson may appear to be a good fit for the Jets, but the one person who has the authority to sign Jackson seems unconvinced.

Jets owner Woody Johnson has publicly acknowledged the team’s interest, but according to ESPN.com, when the Jets had internal discussions about acquiring Jackson, Idzik wasn’t swayed.

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator for five of Jackson’s six seasons in Philadelphia, and according to the report Mornhinweg is vouching for Jackson by saying he’d be a good fit both in the offense and in the locker room. But Mornhinweg doesn’t have any say on personnel matters, and Idzik doesn’t appear to be convinced that Jackson is someone the Jets should want.


Although the Jets have plenty of cap space, they’ve generally shied away from being big spenders this offseason. And now it looks like they won’t spend big to bring Jackson to New York.

Washington appears to be the early favorite to land Jackson, solely based on the fact that Washington is the one place we know Jackson will visit. How that visit plays out on Monday will determine whether other teams jump into the Jackson sweepstakes, but from all indications Idzik isn’t interested in making New York Jackson’s next stop.

Quote


Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,185
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

I know he has declined any gang relations but it still strikes me as odd they cut their best WR over $10 million a year. They are not in cap hell. As much as we need more talent on offense I am ok with the wait and see on him at this point.however if this turns out to be a bogus story and we missed on a great WR for money my patience with Idzik may wear thin.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   jet-man Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 196
  • Joined: 04-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

whatever the case, the good news is the draft has wr depth.
marquise lee
brandin cook
kelvin Benjamin
martavious Bryant
devante adams
r. landry
o. beckham jr.
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,828
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 March 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

DeSean Jackson may appear to be a good fit for the Jets, but the one person who has the authority to sign Jackson seems unconvinced.

Jets owner Woody Johnson has publicly acknowledged the team’s interest, but according to ESPN.com, when the Jets had internal discussions about acquiring Jackson, Idzik wasn’t swayed.

Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator for five of Jackson’s six seasons in Philadelphia, and according to the report Mornhinweg is vouching for Jackson by saying he’d be a good fit both in the offense and in the locker room. But Mornhinweg doesn’t have any say on personnel matters, and Idzik doesn’t appear to be convinced that Jackson is someone the Jets should want.


Although the Jets have plenty of cap space, they’ve generally shied away from being big spenders this offseason. And now it looks like they won’t spend big to bring Jackson to New York.

Washington appears to be the early favorite to land Jackson, solely based on the fact that Washington is the one place we know Jackson will visit. How that visit plays out on Monday will determine whether other teams jump into the Jackson sweepstakes, but from all indications Idzik isn’t interested in making New York Jackson’s next stop.


I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,185
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 March 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.


There is more to this story that we don't know. If Andy Reid did not want him as his former HC and the Eagles released him there is some serious questions to be answered.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,177
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 31 March 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

I'm honestly so over Izdik and his stupidity. SO your OC wants him, Your QB you just signed for 5 million has a good rapport with him and wants him. Your coach wants him, your owner wants him. You have to spend like another 20 mil by NFL rules and he is sitting there with his pen up his ass. He really comes off like a smug a-hole who will cut of his nose to spite his face.


He doesn't have to spend another $20M this year and Idzik seems to be 100% committed to building through the draft. The leftover cap space can be carried over to next year and be used to extend the key D guys next year - Coples, Wilkerson, Harrison. The Eagles cut DJax and the Chiefs passed on him. If that isn't a red flag to you, I don't know what is. With the amount of WR talent available in the draft this year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pass on DJax and draft Cooks or Beckham to get a similar caliber player with a better attitude and a very team friendly contract.
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,185
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostChaos, on 31 March 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

He doesn't have to spend another $20M this year and Idzik seems to be 100% committed to building through the draft. The leftover cap space can be carried over to next year and be used to extend the key D guys next year - Coples, Wilkerson, Harrison. The Eagles cut DJax and the Chiefs passed on him. If that isn't a red flag to you, I don't know what is. With the amount of WR talent available in the draft this year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to pass on DJax and draft Cooks or Beckham to get a similar caliber player with a better attitude and a very team friendly contract.

The biggest intrigue to me with D-Jax is that he is a top tier player. He would fill a hole we have now allowing us to draft a CB in round 1 if one is there. Having this many holes going into the Draft is a bit concerning. However if what the speculation is right about D-Jax I dont blame Idzik about passing on him. Also I think Idzik is still thinking of this as a wildcard at best year. When you look at how much teams like the Pats and Broncos did in FA, It is hard to say we will be able to compete even with D-Jax and DRC. I can see he is sticking to his guns with the "long term plans" or "Substainable Success".
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Jets have the lowest cash payroll in the NFL. You can't expect to hit on all 12 draft picks.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,147
  • Joined: 04-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boca Raton, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

The Jets have the lowest cash payroll in the NFL. You can't expect to hit on all 12 draft picks.

Given the jets draft history, I would be thrilled if they hit on half of their picks!
0

#10 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,177
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Quote

@Edwerderespn: Re: @DeseanJackson10: We know Skins interested; expect Panthers, Raiders and Jets involvement. Have been told Saints, Packers, Pats are out

0

#11 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 274
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

I had to get on here because I knew 115 would be giving up on the Jets if they don't sign Jackson. Dude probably owns a half dozen of his jersies.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,828
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 31 March 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I had to get on here because I knew 115 would be giving up on the Jets if they don't sign Jackson. Dude probably owns a half dozen of his jersies.


No, everytime i buy a jersey of a player, they leave in 1-2 years. no lie. last 2 jerseys i brought were revis and sanchez. and look both gone.
0

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,519
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I agree with the assessment that he isn't worth taking a chance on regardless of skill.

First Philly flat out releases one of the best receivers in the game. That says something.

Next.....


Andy Reid believes in second chances.

Bringing in Vick after his prison sentence and with all the people that had sheer hate for Vick by maybe half the country for what he had done to those dogs and Read is a dog lover himself. That is a huge testament to a coach believing in second chances.

And yet Reid wants absolutely nothing to do with Jackson? That right there speaks volumes. Other teams see this and realize the skill isn't worth the problems that come with the receiver.

So 115 if you cant see this clear writing on the wall in this instance you are an idiot. You would rather chance one problem receiver with major baggage being brought in and possibly destroying the locker room or at the very least causing constant problems just because he has skill????? If Reid doesn't want him Jackson is not worth the trouble. The Chiefs certainly need receivers big time.
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,828
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 01 April 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

I agree with the assessment that he isn't worth taking a chance on regardless of skill.

First Philly flat out releases one of the best receivers in the game. That says something.

Next.....


Andy Reid believes in second chances.

Bringing in Vick after his prison sentence and with all the people that had sheer hate for Vick by maybe half the country for what he had done to those dogs and Read is a dog lover himself. That is a huge testament to a coach believing in second chances.

And yet Reid wants absolutely nothing to do with Jackson? That right there speaks volumes. Other teams see this and realize the skill isn't worth the problems that come with the receiver.

So 115 if you cant see this clear writing on the wall in this instance you are an idiot. You would rather chance one problem receiver with major baggage being brought in and possibly destroying the locker room or at the very least causing constant problems just because he has skill????? If Reid doesn't want him Jackson is not worth the trouble. The Chiefs certainly need receivers big time.


really? your comparing when reid was desperate for a QB the single most important position in football and a talent like vick was there to a WR? and its not like KC has a major need at WR. they did kick ass last year with a decent WR group. I mean we did the same for edwards and holmes and it gave us enough offense to almsot make the SB 2 years in a roe. edwards became a leader and a great guy despite his stupid DUI mistake and holmes was an idiot i'll admit, but for the 1st 2 years he made out offense run much better. And then there was cro, who we took a chance on and he paired with revis for the best CB duo and made 2 pro bowls for us and turned his life around and has become a much better person. Everybody speaking out right for jacksan has said he's a great guy, does charity work, has no gang relations etc. Fukcing ray lewis killed people and got away with it, and everyone here wanted us to sign him. Irvin cut his teammate with a pair of scissors but was still a top WR all time and helped dallas win super bowls. TO got kciked off several teams but still helped his teams win.

I'm sorry but your crazy to think jackson wouldn't be a big help to this team.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users