NYJetsFan.com Forums: Petition Started To Keep Vick From Coming To Cortland - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets hire Maccagnan as GM and Bowles as HC. Who's starting the billboard fundraiser?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) WU TANG
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) WU TANG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:38 PM) Decker is recruiting Demaryius Thomas to join the Jets, too bad Thomas won't hit FA
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) he wont?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:31 PM) he'll be franchised tagged probably
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:23 PM) BAS DOST
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) Bring something to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Teh table
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) I miss our banter everyone EXCEPT Harlem I don't like him very much cause he's annoying as hell and that Wind Beneath My Wings shit is such a example
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) I have elevator video of you giving out high fives
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:03 PM) Thank you for the warm words GG. I appreciate the thought!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 PM) any of u guys know how to size a NBA jersey?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) Like im a XL so when I get a NFL jersey I get a L
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) Im getting it for a friend
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) SIGN WILL HILL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) There are some decent FAs I hope we go after, we have like $48 mil in cap space, plus more once we get rid of Chris Johnson and Calvin Pace.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) We'll have over $50 mil to spend
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) sign everyone!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) I'd love to grab Cobb, Julius Thomas, and Mike Iupati
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Lol for someone who doesn't like me and doesn't pay attention to what I have to say, GG sure loves talking about me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) It's ok though buddy I love you
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) We just need a QB to throw to them
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Cobb isn't leaving the Packers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) I hope we keep Harvin
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) I like Harvin but I don't think we should pay him that much
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:29 PM) but if we can get a WR keep him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:40 PM) idk how cap works sometime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) how can Denver have 31 mil in space?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 PM) but I guess since they have to pay both Thomas this year that will go fast
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) and have to pay miller next year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:20 PM) Are they not counting PEyton Manning?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) A lot of their players increase cap hits after this season
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) you can work the numbers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:25 PM) if we release Harvin, we won't get him back most likely. Hes the most dynamic offensive player we have had in a while.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) Plus he has no guaranteed money so we can release him at any time for no cap hits. Maybe they can rework his contract, but I hope we keep him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) I think he will awesome in Chan's offense, maybe worth the $10 mil
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:40 PM) We still have to pay Mo too
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) yup. We also happen to be in the big years of Mangolds' and Brick's contracts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Brick either restructures after this season or is released, noway he stays at $14 mil
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) I think he does restructure though, can't imagine Brick wanting to play elsewhere. I see him as a career Jet
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) need to re-sign Demario Davis and Damon Harrison as well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) they shouldn't cost much though
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 PM) I'd really love to bring in Franklin or Iupati
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:59 PM) Franklin, Iupati, or Boling I would be happy with. We need a good OG.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:59 PM) I think that Oday would be fine as a starter for one spot, he showed promise. Plus it would be a competition between Oday, Winters, and Dozier.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Petition Started To Keep Vick From Coming To Cortland

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Petition started to keep Vick from attending Jets training camp at SUNY Cortland

The Jets are scheduled to head to SUNY Cortland for training camp again this summer, but more than 2,500 people have signed a petition in an attempt to keep quarterback Michael Vick from joining them.

Posted on change.org, the petition calls on SUNY Cortland president Erik J. Bitterbaum to bar Vick from stepping foot on campus as a result of his conviction on charges related to dogfighting. Vick served 19 months in prison after the conviction in 2007, halting his playing career and eventually leading him to sign with the Eagles once he had completed his sentence.

“If we welcome Vick onto our campus, we are complicit in his crimes. We are sending the message that, for money and publicity, we will turn a blind eye to the horrors of dogfighting. I don’t want to be that person, and I don’t want SUNY Cortland to abandon its principles so easily,” the petition reads.

The Jets declined to comment when reached by the New York Daily News, although it is hard to imagine that they’d go up to Cortland to train with one of their players barred from participating in camp. The school did not respond to a request for comment.

http://profootballta...-training-camp/

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

Some people are just so hateful. They can't forgive.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

people are dumb. vick paid for his actions already. he lost a shit ton of money, spent almost 2 years in prison, and has his name forever branded with what he did. People that do this are stupid. Maybe we should start a petition banning people who can't forgive from the internet
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 08 April 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

people are dumb. vick paid for his actions already. he lost a shit ton of money, spent almost 2 years in prison, and has his name forever branded with what he did. People that do this are stupid. Maybe we should start a petition banning people who can't forgive from the internet

Banning idiots from the internet is a great idea. How would we gauge the idiot?
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 08 April 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

How would we gauge the idiot?

"Spell 'teh' twice in a row and your wifi password locks you out"?

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

People need to get lives.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

maybe they can boycott Cortland so we don't have to see these hypocrites.

#8 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

"....we are complicit...." ???????? WTF? The guy's a shitbag but I guess if he can throw a football we better have him on board. It won't matter in the long run after he gets put out for the season in week 3 after being smeared by 5 guys during one of his runarounds and we are back to Geno anyway. Maybe the Jets can offer Hernandez a tryout when he makes parole. You don't need to have a criminal record to play for the New York Jets but it sure helps to have one. Wake me up 2nd weekend in September.

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

View Postcanuckfan, on 10 April 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

"....we are complicit...." ???????? WTF? The guy's a shitbag but I guess if he can throw a football we better have him on board. It won't matter in the long run after he gets put out for the season in week 3 after being smeared by 5 guys during one of his runarounds and we are back to Geno anyway. Maybe the Jets can offer Hernandez a tryout when he makes parole. You don't need to have a criminal record to play for the New York Jets but it sure helps to have one. Wake me up 2nd weekend in September.

:sterb041:
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users