NYJetsFan.com Forums: Update: Chris Johnson Signs With Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 10:02 PM) they have no QB. 1-3 with eli/tannehill as your starter? i need another WR or RB to strengthen my team and Rivers is my best sell.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 10:03 PM) kinda hoping to use the desperation to shore up my team
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Update: Chris Johnson Signs With Jets

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

@AdamSchefter: Former Titans RB Chris Johnson is visiting the Jets right now, per team sources who spotted him in the teams' training facility.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

You guys are fast
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Sources: Jets hosting free agent RB Chris Johnson
Apr
4/15/2014 8:54:32 AM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore

Free-agent running back Chris Johnson is visiting with the New York Jets on Tuesday, team sources told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

It marks Johnson's first visit since being cut April 4 by the Tennessee Titans.

Johnson, 29, is a three-time Pro Bowler who would add a legitimate speed threat to a Jets backfield that features the 222-pound Chris Ivory, who rushed for a career-high 833 yards last season.

The Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and Atlanta Falcons also have expressed interest in Johnson, sources said.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Apparently an announcement coming soon.

#5 User is offline   SackExchange71 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:STRIVE TOBE THE BEST CRAFT BiER BREW MASTER PERIOD!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

And the announcement will be that they let cj leave the building without a contract because idzick didn't want to pony up the money or like the DRC meeting .where they only wanna offer him a one year prove it deal.I just have that gut feeling about the whole situation. seriously how long does it take to get someone to agree to terms on a contract. Which probably means the jets are being cheap or CJ is being to greedy.Or he'gonna weigh his options and see what other teams are willing to do.

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Ian Rapoport
Chris Johnsonís visit with #Jets today went well, from what it sounded like. Itís over now. Nothing final yet, other teams still circling

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostSackExchange71, on 15 April 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

And the announcement will be that they let cj leave the building without a contract because idzick didn't want to pony up the money or like the DRC meeting .where they only wanna offer him a one year prove it deal.I just have that gut feeling about the whole situation. seriously how long does it take to get someone to agree to terms on a contract. Which probably means the jets are being cheap or CJ is being to greedy.Or he'gonna weigh his options and see what other teams are willing to do.

Why should the Jets overpay for a 28 year old RB with the draft 3 weeks away? If CJ wants too much money, he can wait for an offer or keep siting until training camp and hope some team picks him up then. There is no need to overpay for a RB when the Jets could grab a good back with one of their three 4th round picks. CJ can check the market all he wants but there is no one that is going to pay him starter money at this stage of his career.

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Chris Johnson asking 2 Years/$10M, Jets want $3-4M per year

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

View Postsantana, on 16 April 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Chris Johnson asking 2 Years/$10M, Jets want $3-4M per year

we have way too much cap room to complain about 1 mil a year. just give him the 2 year 10 million and frontload it so he costs us almost nothing next year
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 16 April 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

we have way too much cap room to complain about 1 mil a year. just give him the 2 year 10 million and frontload it so he costs us almost nothing next year

We have the cap room because we don't just give an extra million a year to 29 year old players
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

The Jets put together a convincing package on Tuesday to him, on and off the field. Now it is up to him.
- See more at: http://m.metro.us/ne...h.cFze6cx8.dpuf
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 16 April 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

We have the cap room because we don't just give an extra million a year to 29 year old players

That's the point of front loading it, so it doesn't effect your cap next year. I really don't get what's the point of having cap room if you're not going to use it. its not like u can carry it into next year. If you don't want to pay the player then front load it and dump them the next year if you don't want him. u get the player and you still keep cap room for the next year.

meanwhile you can still get your 4th round running back and groom him if that's what you want for "sustainable success".

#13 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 16 April 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

That's the point of front loading it, so it doesn't effect your cap next year. I really don't get what's the point of having cap room if you're not going to use it. its not like u can carry it into next year. If you don't want to pay the player then front load it and dump them the next year if you don't want him. u get the player and you still keep cap room for the next year.

meanwhile you can still get your 4th round running back and groom him if that's what you want for "sustainable success".

Why overpay when you don't need to? CJ does not have any other suitors. Just because he wants $5M a year and just because the Jets can accord to give him that, does not mean they should. It's a depressed market for RBs so there is no need to overpay for one.

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 16 April 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

"Projected carryover" is a relatively new term in NFL salary caponomics, created by an addition to the 2011 collective bargaining agreement that allows each team to roll over unused cap space from one year to another. (Previously, teams resorted to tricks such as "phony bonuses" to push excess into the following year.)

Per ESPN

Also front loading a contract is a tricky and dangerous gamble. If CJ has a monster year he will say he earned that first year and then hold out for a new contract.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

And he is signed to a two year deal
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

@AdamSchefter: Former Titans RB Chris Johnson is signing his two-year deal with the NY Jets today.

@AdamSchefter: Former Titans RB Chris Johnson reached agreement with Jets on a two-year deal, per league sources.

#17 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

FIRE IDZIK
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostChaos, on 16 April 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Why overpay when you don't need to? CJ does not have any other suitors. Just because he wants $5M a year and just because the Jets can accord to give him that, does not mean they should. It's a depressed market for RBs so there is no need to overpay for one.

In free agency you invariably have to overpay though.

I quite like the signing - while he may be declining as a rusher, he gives us a dynamic receiving threat of the backfield that we need. Powell did a solid job last year catching the ball (as well as running it), but he doesn't have the potentially game changing burst of speed that Johnson possesses.

Since coming into the league he's never had less than 1,400 yards from scrimmage. I don't expect him to get that as a Jet seeing as his touches will decrease being in a 'RB by committee' with Ivory and Powell. He should fit well into Marty Mornhinweg's offense too - in Philly LeSean McCoy was featured heavily in the passing attack.

#19 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

@ProFootballTalk: Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.

#20 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostChaos, on 16 April 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Because it doesn't hurt you. I think that's what you're missing. It's not like you're mortgaging your future. that's why its a short term deal. you front load it so you can get rid of it as early as even next year and still have the player for this year and compete. meanwhile you build through the draft and get the cheaper players.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users