NYJetsFan.com Forums: Four Day Nfl Draft?? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Four Day Nfl Draft??

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,071
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Quote

@JeffDarlington: You thought @NFL Draft was already a big event? Roger Goodell told me today league will consider stretching it to 4 days (still 7 rounds).

@JeffDarlington:Goodell told me he's unsure if NFL Draft will remain in May or go back to April. League is considering many options, both for date & place.


No. Just no. Three days is bad enough. AND move the damn thing back to April!
0

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

I'm surprised he didn't introduce a new football design yet. At least it took Stern 20+ years to turn the NBA into a circus.
0

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,030
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostChaos, on 25 April 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

No. Just no. Three days is bad enough. AND move the damn thing back to April!

The Thursday and Friday night part sucks for me. Thursdays are usually Chamber events and Fridays are always my kids baseball games.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,267
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

The good thing with Goodell is that a lot of his daft proposals that get aired - such as the 18 game schedule - have yet to be implemented and appear unlikely to be so. The bad thing is he keeps coming up with them.

This wouldn't be a revenue spinner and would no way be a hit on TV.
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,038
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Agreed with moving it back to April. There is absolutely no reason to have it in May, besides making us wait 2 extra f***ing weeks! The draft being the last Thursday-Saturday of April is when it should be, we should be on day 2 of the draft today!! Stop making changes for the sake of change, the draft was fine the way it was.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   kelly Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 496
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:dunwoody, ga. ! !
  • Interests:jets , yankees , knicks , travel , surfin' ( the SO-CAL babyee ! ).

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

if the NFL determines they can make some more coin...it's gonna happen.
it's ALL about $.




cheers ~ ~
:drinks:/>/>
i ♥ u guys ..hey !..HEY ! ! ! you can come up now...
Posted Image
....we've actually WON some games ! ..For Real ! !

cheers ~ ~
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,414
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

Does it really matter?


Unless you are a die hard that watches every day every single hour who cares? I sure dont. Its not like whether its 2 days, 4 days, or 10 days its not going to make much difference until we get to see them practice and play.

Id say 99.99% of NFL fans watch the first and second rounds and some the third and then just turn the channel and check in occasionally. Anyone that is glued to ESPN for 6 or 7 rounds all day multiple days has issues and no life.


I just hope the Jets get a legit high level all pro safety some day so we dont keep getting burned in the middle every single year even when we have good corners. Its getting old getting owned in the passing game every year.
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,038
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 28 April 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

Does it really matter?


Unless you are a die hard that watches every day every single hour who cares? I sure dont. Its not like whether its 2 days, 4 days, or 10 days its not going to make much difference until we get to see them practice and play.

Id say 99.99% of NFL fans watch the first and second rounds and some the third and then just turn the channel and check in occasionally. Anyone that is glued to ESPN for 6 or 7 rounds all day multiple days has issues and no life.


I just hope the Jets get a legit high level all pro safety some day so we dont keep getting burned in the middle every single year even when we have good corners. Its getting old getting owned in the passing game every year.



Not true, just because you aren't that into the draft doesn't mean people who are are losers.

And I don't get the last comment because the Jets have had a top pass defense every year besides last year under Rex.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,414
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 28 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Not true, just because you aren't that into the draft doesn't mean people who are are losers.

And I don't get the last comment because the Jets have had a top pass defense every year besides last year under Rex.

WHAT?!?

Obviously you aren't watching the same game I am or you are looking to much in to the overall yards. Yards given up in a game isn't a true gauge of a defense. The Jets Have been owned in the middle by qbs from 2011 on. The corners are doing their jobs but the safeties and back up corners in nickle and dime offense have not. Its not about the overall yards. Its more about the fact that the Jets have struggled constantly struggled to get off the field on 3rd down and 99% of the time it has been a passing completion somewhere in the middle of the field. The Jets have given up a lot of 3rd and longs for first downs in passing.

Here is proof what I'm talking about.

Jets passing defensive points given up rank

2009 1st
2010 6th
2011 20th
2012 20th
2013 19th

Since 2011 on the Jets have been pretty sh*tty as far as passing points given up. If you want to look at the overall total yards as a gauge of the Jets defense then by all means its your prerogative. To me that's fantasy land sh*t because overall yards means nothing.

Its no different from an offense being #1 in the league in yards but being near the bottom of the league in tds. In the end its about scoring not yards. As far as me I could give a rats a$$ if the Jets were last in the league in yards as long as they stopped the scoring. The corners have been doing their jobs pretty well so as I stated the middle is the issue. Being 20th,20th,and 19th the last three years in passing points given up is bad.

I dont know if the FO is doing the same thing and looking at the overall yards but I hope not. The middle of the field needs to be addressed. Three years being 20th in the league in passing points given up. The streak will continue to cost the Jets games until the Jets get better help in the middle of the field.
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,038
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 28 April 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

WHAT?!?

Obviously you aren't watching the same game I am or you are looking to much in to the overall yards. Yards given up in a game isn't a true gauge of a defense. The Jets Have been owned in the middle by qbs from 2011 on. The corners are doing their jobs but the safeties and back up corners in nickle and dime offense have not. Its not about the overall yards. Its more about the fact that the Jets have struggled constantly struggled to get off the field on 3rd down and 99% of the time it has been a passing completion somewhere in the middle of the field. The Jets have given up a lot of 3rd and longs for first downs in passing.

Here is proof what I'm talking about.

Jets passing defensive points given up rank

2009 1st
2010 6th
2011 20th
2012 20th
2013 19th

Since 2011 on the Jets have been pretty sh*tty as far as passing points given up. If you want to look at the overall total yards as a gauge of the Jets defense then by all means its your prerogative. To me that's fantasy land sh*t because overall yards means nothing.

Its no different from an offense being #1 in the league in yards but being near the bottom of the league in tds. In the end its about scoring not yards. As far as me I could give a rats a$$ if the Jets were last in the league in yards as long as they stopped the scoring. The corners have been doing their jobs pretty well so as I stated the middle is the issue. Being 20th,20th,and 19th the last three years in passing points given up is bad.

I dont know if the FO is doing the same thing and looking at the overall yards but I hope not. The middle of the field needs to be addressed. Three years being 20th in the league in passing points given up. The streak will continue to cost the Jets games until the Jets get better help in the middle of the field.



The Jets have actually ranked among the best in 3rd down defense since 2009, last year was pretty much the only year they struggled and that was because our entire secondary was bad. Cromartie was getting lit up every week and Milliner was struggling.

The JEts usually ranked among the best in every category in pass rankings. Rex Ryan rarely has had a bad defense vs the pass, only 2 I remember was last year and once in Baltimore when he had a ton of injuries in the back end.


We could use a upgrade at safety, since neither of our safeties are rangy coverage guys. But I am overall still more concerned about the offense, the Jets need to start drafting better there because they haven't drafted a top skill player on offense in a long long time.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users