NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mock Draft

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, he should be able to come in right away and be a impact player. either as a return man or creating big plays for the offense, I love the explosiveness and the way he catches with his hands. Also real competitive.

Posted Image

2-Jace Amaro TE. If Jace falls, he would be an ideal fit for us as he could be a real weapon in the passing game at TE which is important for the WCO. With Beckham and Amaro, we added 2 weapons that should contribute right away.

Posted Image

3-Phillip Gaines CB. Rising player, he is 6'0 and runs a 4.3. Has the physical tools to hold up in our man defense.

Posted Image

4-Brandon Thomas OG/OT. Build OL depth and get a future starting OG, tore his acl so he will slide.

Posted Image

4-Jonathan Dowling S. 6'3 and has range, seemed productive in college as well.
Posted Image

4-Michael Sam DE/OLB. Productive pass rusher last season, could grab some depth here.

Posted Image

Not doing 5-7.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

Way to go out on a limb with your first 2 picks.

Tell me, what's the difference between ODB, Cooks, Lee, Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews? STFU because you can't. It makes zero sense to draft one of the 5 at 18 because all 5 will be on the board and each of them can develop and be as good as the other. There's such a logjam at WR this draft that, compounded with the fact that we just snagged the best WR in FA, we will absolutely not draft a WR at 18 (unless the unthinkable happens and Evans falls). We're either going to trade back and then draft one or we're going to go with Ebron/Dennard/OLB.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 28 April 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

Tell me, what's the difference between ODB, Cooks, Lee, Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews? STFU because you can't. It makes zero sense to draft one of the 5 at 18 because all 5 will be on the board and each of them can develop and be as good as the other. There's such a logjam at WR this draft that, compounded with the fact that we just snagged the best WR in FA, we will absolutely not draft a WR at 18 (unless the unthinkable happens and Evans falls). We're either going to trade back and then draft one or we're going to go with Ebron/Dennard/OLB.

Why do you have to go out on the limb? That is what I want our first 2 picks to be. First off not all of those WRs will make it to round 2. I would like Brandin Cooks as well, but I like Beckham better. I don't like that Lee isn't a hands catcher, catches with his body and he didn't run as well. I also put value on Beckham playing in the SEC because there is a better chance of a SEC player being good than other conferences.

I don't value TEs in round 1. I think our pick will be a WR or CB. But I would continue getting playmakers on offense becuase it's been our offense that's been the problem.
Posted Image

#4 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

You act like you've actually watched any of them play.

Just stop.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

Here is another mock

1-Calvin Pryor FS 5'11 207, monster hitter in the back end that has good range. Rex likes safeties that are physical and he is that. Odell Beckham isn't falling to us. Doubt we take a safety in round 1 though.

Posted Image

2-Donte Moncrief WR, 6'2 221. Tons of upside in this guy, has the talent and ability to be a #1 WR and stretch the field.

Posted Image

3-Phillip Gaines CB, 6'0 193. Seen as a zone CB but he has shown he has speed running a 4.38 and has fluid hips, I think he can play in man.

4-Colt Lyerla TE, 6'4 242. Athletic TE that could be a beast in the WCO, but has some attitude problems.
Posted Image

4-Zach Mettenberger QB, 6'5 224. Idk if he falls to round 4 but could be a nice grab, has upside.

Posted Image

Rest draft whatever, OL and LB depth would be nice.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

I am still saying if any of the 3 top CBs are there we will go CB. Unless someone projected in the top 10 slides.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I am still saying if any of the 3 top CBs are there we will go CB. Unless someone projected in the top 10 slides.

I was just messing around with my mock. I highly doubt we go safety in round 1, I don't think Rex puts much value into the position. I think we go WR or CB with our first pick. It's looking like Odell Beckham won't fall to us. If Justin Gilbert fell to us, he would definitely be the pick, he has the size and measurables that this defense wants at CB being 6'0 and running a 4.3. Could see Bradly Roby being the pick as well being 5'11 and running a 4.3.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 29 April 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

You act like you've actually watched any of them play.

Just stop.

I actually watched a lot of college football last year. ODB didn't stand out to me. Cooks did. I think he's a beast. Didn't see any Vandy games but Jordan Matthews sounds like a steal in the second. Hard call on anyone from A&M, it was all just broken plays from Manziel doing his shit.

#9 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

I think the best pick for us would be Dee Ford or Darqueze Denard. I know it sounds silly to take an OLB instead of WR or TE. I think the draft is deep enough for us to get a WR in the second round (Robinson - both, Adams, Matthews, Landry, Bryant, etc.)and a TE in the third (Fedorowicz or if we are lucky Nicklas).

Ford is a beast and with our D-Line being as young but really good as it is and with Coples, Davis, Harris as the other LB's we could rush the QB unmercifully.

I would then look to trade for Josephs by offering our 4th round picks for him.

O-Line and CB we have to get lucky with the remaining picks (1- 4th, 1 - 5th, 4 - 6th's).

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

View Postchocomag, on 04 May 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

I think the best pick for us would be Dee Ford or Darqueze Denard. I know it sounds silly to take an OLB instead of WR or TE. I think the draft is deep enough for us to get a WR in the second round (Robinson - both, Adams, Matthews, Landry, Bryant, etc.)and a TE in the third (Fedorowicz or if we are lucky Nicklas).

Ford is a beast and with our D-Line being as young but really good as it is and with Coples, Davis, Harris as the other LB's we could rush the QB unmercifully.

I would then look to trade for Josephs by offering our 4th round picks for him.

O-Line and CB we have to get lucky with the remaining picks (1- 4th, 1 - 5th, 4 - 6th's).

Could you imagine the reaction at RCMH if we took Dee Ford? It would be classic.
Posted Image

#11 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 02 May 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

I actually watched a lot of college football last year. ODB didn't stand out to me. Cooks did. I think he's a beast. Didn't see any Vandy games but Jordan Matthews sounds like a steal in the second. Hard call on anyone from A&M, it was all just broken plays from Manziel doing his shit.

LOL

ODB didn't stand out.

Right.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Looks like that last mock ended up being right with round 1.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 08 May 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Looks like that last mock ended up being right with round 1.

Man I think your some guy that works for the jets front office who pretends to be a regular dude. I give you credit most consistant poster on this site. What are your thoughts on Pryor and i assume he is replacing Landry? Wonder if Idzik and rex were thinking Earl Thomas with this pick.

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 May 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I was just messing around with my mock. I highly doubt we go safety in round 1, I don't think Rex puts much value into the position. I think we go WR or CB with our first pick. It's looking like Odell Beckham won't fall to us. If Justin Gilbert fell to us, he would definitely be the pick, he has the size and measurables that this defense wants at CB being 6'0 and running a 4.3. Could see Bradly Roby being the pick as well being 5'11 and running a 4.3.

Lol
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 08 May 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

Man I think your some guy that works for the jets front office who pretends to be a regular dude. I give you credit most consistant poster on this site. What are your thoughts on Pryor and i assume he is replacing Landry? Wonder if Idzik and rex were thinking Earl Thomas with this pick.

lol I was just messing around with that mock but it's funny that it ending up being right. The draft is deeper at CB and WR. It seemed like Rex didn't value safeties all that much in the past, but Pryor does fit the bill on what he would like. Physical player who isn't afraid to knock someone out. I think he'll thrive under Rex, I like him. Not a fan of a safety in round 1, but he should be good for us. It was a need.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users