NYJetsFan.com Forums: Nfl Gm: Jets Had ‘Really Smart’ Offseason - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (30 July 2014 - 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
JSOTF Icon : (31 July 2014 - 03:50 AM) Greetings from Germany!
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) now that was a busy MLB trade day
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) some WS level moves too
Chaos Icon : (31 July 2014 - 03:41 PM) Price to DET, Lester to OAK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) Dubbs is going to be watching a lot of Fox Sports this season
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 July 2014 - 07:11 PM) Brady Quinn going to be a college/NFL analyst
santana Icon : (31 July 2014 - 07:19 PM) haha
santana Icon : (31 July 2014 - 07:20 PM) I didnt realize quinn was already out of the nfl
santana Icon : (31 July 2014 - 08:22 PM) Scooped up that new dortmund jersey
santana Icon : (31 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) http://i.imgur.com/NkpSryy.jpg
santana Icon : (31 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) Dope.
Mr_Jet Icon : (31 July 2014 - 11:23 PM) Brady Quinn has always looked like a plastic TV talking head jock anyway.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) MIZZOU
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) HAHAHAHA the Cowboys sent playoff ticket and NFC title game tickets to all season ticket holders!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) :hysterical:
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Nfl Gm: Jets Had ‘Really Smart’ Offseason

#21 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

The debacle that he purposely traded him out of the conference only for him to wind up on the patriots a year later. Anyway you put it, its a debacle. It would be like the saints trading drew brees out of the division for him to wind up on the falcons a year later. its still a debacle anyway you put it. Plus he traded the best CB in the NFL only to draft a CB with that pic and still leave us with a hole at CB we need to fill right now. and we have 30+ million in cap room so its not like the cap prevented any of this.

Id say Sherman is the best cb in the NFL right now. Revis is to expensive to waste $16mil on for an injury prone cb no matter how matter how much we wanted to keep him. Even if he was healthy and never got injured its to much. History has shown paying corners that much has never worked out yet.

All pro corners might shut down the best receiver on the field but no corner is or never will be a game changer to the level of an all pro safety that can shut down the pass and the run,or an all pro linebacker or all pro lineman that can shut down the run or pass or run or cause constant pressure on the qb. These players are real game changers that a corner can ever be no matter how good they are.

No corner is or ever will be worth as much as the other all pro skill positions on defense. They cover one receiver and rarely cause pressure on the qb and rarely affect the run so I will never agree that even the best corner in history would be worth that kind of money and hurting the defense by taking up so much cap room. Even the Pats are smart enough to only sign a short term deal with Revis. No argument is going to change my mind on this because its all about common sense. A skill player that can do multiple things on defense is worth far more than a skill player that can only do one thing

#22 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

End of the day he wants to build through the draft. It was wise to stay clear of inflating contacts such as DeSean Jackson etc. Idzik is the polar opposite of Tannenbaum and seeing the Jets fans reaction for the lack of involvement with offseason F.A's is rather funny to watch. Their hungover from the wild wild west offseasons we've had and rightfully so... its been fun and I will say this about Tannenbaum, most if not all of those F.A signings we're front loaded and he made a lot of crucial cuts along the way. For the amount of dollars we spent and still a year removed from the Tanny ear, Jets are in the good position financially to make moves, which is a credit to Tannenbaum.

That said Jets fans need to have a look at the model NFL franchises and take heed. All the Steelers, Baltimore, Patriots, Packers and even Seattle as of late have the blueprint. Silent rivers run deep. Keep a tight ship, play low key and build through the draft and use F.A to patch up a hole or 2 and at a price that is good for US!

It's not hard to see what the Jets have done here and Idzy's direction is quite obvious.

#23 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 01 May 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

See Revis' "demands" were not ridiculous. This is the problem with most NFL fans. These players who risk their bodies and their future health more than any other athlete in the four major American pro sports leagues, have no guaranteed contracts and are expected to sacrifice "for the good of the team." So when a great player like Revis wants to make as much money as he can WHILE he can and stands up to ownership, oh then he's a "demanding player." Well good for him. The owner isn't going to look out for the player's best interest, the G.M. isn't either, nor should they. The player has to look out for the player and we the fans shouldn't call him demanding or greedy because he wants to make as much as he can in the short window he has to make that big money.

It's not Revis' demands that were the problem. It was Woody Johnson's mismanagement and his ego that are the reasons Revis is not with the Jets. Revis was/is the best CB in the league and when you have a great talent like that, you have to pay to keep that talent. A good F.O. finds the money to keep players like that. A great F.O. plans ahead to make sure they have the money to keep a great player. But then when somebody says this you're called a "Revis apologist." No I'm not a Revis apologist, I'm a great player apologist. And Russell Wilson right now is another example of how the owners try to exploit their great players. But when the players stand up for themselves, then they're not "team players." I'm a person who believes a person who is getting paid less than what they are worth, should do what they feel is necessary to get paid more. If that means holdout, then holdout. But no Woody wanted to keep giving Revis those patch up deals while giving players like Mark Sanchez a new contract after playing horribly. Sanchez a was "team guy" so he got rewarded by Woody when his play on the field did not deserve to be rewarded.

If Woody had paid Revis properly in 2010 instead of kicking the can down the road and giving worse players than Revis new contracts, Revis would still be a Jet. Jets fans what to keep pointing the blame at Tannenbaum and Revis unmeetable "demands" (which they weren't if they had just managed the situation right between 2010-12). But Woody is just as culpable as Revis is, probably more so. And I'm sorry but just because Richardson was the DROY and Revis is not in Tampa Bay anymore does not mean the Jets "won the trade". Not until Richardson becomes the best player at his position in the entire NFL. Right now he's just Jonathan Vilma circa 2005.

I'm all for players trying to make their money. Again, let me repeat myself: I'm not a Revis hater. But what I am is a realist and when one team in the entire league is willing to meet a player's demands, something tells me those demands don't jive with how most teams plan to build.

I don't care if the team had $40 million in cap space, they weren't going to give him $16 million per year. It's just too much for a cornerback. Whether you agree or not, that's how the vast majority of NFL front offices think.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#24 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 May 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

True you can look at it that way. You can also look it at as the guy sent the best defensive player in the NFL off our team to the NFC purposely to keep him out of our conference, only to have him wind up on our divison rival a year later and never fill the hole he left. Then allowed another hole to open up when he released cromartie and failed to sign DRC. You can also say he took our CBs from the best in the NFL, to not even having 2 reliable starters in a span of a year. So again, maybe you should understand what pros and cons are.

Please, teach me more of these pros and cons you speak of.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users