NYJetsFan.com Forums: Michael Vick: Geno Smith Is New York Jets' Starting Qb - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Today, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Michael Vick: Geno Smith Is New York Jets' Starting Qb

#1 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

Jets quarterback Michael Vick says there won't be a fight with Geno Smith over New York's top job under center.

"Geno's the starting quarterback for that football team," Vick said Saturday, per The Star-Ledger. "Ultimately our goal is to try to help Geno become the best quarterback that he can be. Myself and (third-stringer Matt Simms) are all trying to put him in a position where he can get better from Year One to Year Two."

That flies in the face of LeSean McCoy's assessment, but Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg hinted last week that signing Vick was motivated largely by a desire to help Smith develop into a franchise passer.

"We brought Mike in to compete, to push Geno, and to make Geno the very best he can make him and I want to make sure Mike was ready for that," Mornhinweg said Tuesday. "I had Mike for a year with Donovan (McNabb) there (in Philadelphia). I think this thing is going to work beautifully."

Mornhinweg also acknowledged that Smith would "get a few more reps" during the team's offseason activities but said if Vick is "called upon to play when he's called upon to play, I expect Mike Vick to play at a real high level."

At age 34, Vick wasn't brought to town to create waves and make demands. We're bound to see both passers this season, but the Jets -- here in May -- haven't given up on making Smith their starter of the future.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

I hope Geno takes a big step forward this year but if not I want the best guy in there. Personally I would be very suprised if Geno starts over Vick.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 05 May 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

I hope Geno takes a big step forward this year but if not I want the best guy in there. Personally I would be very suprised if Geno starts over Vick.

I'm happy to see either QB back there next season.

Geno showed flashes at times and probably did enough to warrant being the number one headed into camp. I'm sure some of the wobbles he had will continue into year two though, and having Vick as an insurance option should mean the offense stays on course if Smith gets pulled. With Vick's knowledge of and success he had in Mornhinweg's system and the team-first attitude he seems to have developed since returning with the Eagles, he's well qualified to help Geno develop too.

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 05 May 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm happy to see either QB back there next season.

Geno showed flashes at times and probably did enough to warrant being the number one headed into camp. I'm sure some of the wobbles he had will continue into year two though, and having Vick as an insurance option should mean the offense stays on course if Smith gets pulled. With Vick's knowledge of and success he had in Mornhinweg's system and the team-first attitude he seems to have developed since returning with the Eagles, he's well qualified to help Geno develop too.

Geno seemed to play alot loser and with more passion the last two games. Almost like he was more comfortable. Hopefully he can carry that forward.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Remembering the healthy experienced passing Vick with experience (not the purely running Vick) Id rather see Vick starting but considering how frail he is now after so man devastating hits and multiple injuries its better to think logically on this.

If we start Vick and he stays healthy we would be in good shape but Vick hasn't been able to go a full season without an injury in a long time so its probably better that Geno starts to help his development progress. Benching him for part of the season or whatever could make him regress. Thinking with common sense Vick isn't going to get more durable so hoping he can last an entire season as the starter isn't very probable.

It would be better not to have a training camp competition and give Geno the starting job. If he screws up on the field to much he can always be benched for Vick if need be.

#6 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

You don't put the better player on the bench because you're afraid he's going to get hurt. That makes no sense. You put the best player out there, and if he gets hurt, you bring in the second best player. Not the other way around.

You also don't give someone $5 million to carry a clipboard.

Vick is going to be the opening day starter because he gives the Jets the best chance to win.

I do appreciate the fact that he is trying to protect Geno's feelings this point in time. Shows that he's a good teammate. No need to start stirring things up in the media when training camp hasn't even started. Vick will do his talking on the field and it will quickly become obvious that, even in the latter stages of his career, he is far superior to Geno Smith.

If he does get hurt, It will be nice to have a serviceable back up like Geno who's somewhat familiar with the system.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users