NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out.

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm thinking CB, we have a need there. Our safeties aren't that bad now that we drafted Calvin Pryor, who I think will be a stud.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.

I wasn't insinuating that Rex didn't sign off on the pick. I believe that we are conditioned to think that whenever we draft defense, that Rex was the driving force behind the pick. I think this time, Idzik saw a guy with a skill set and jumped on him. I think he starts playing FS from the gate. I see us drafting a CB in the 4th.

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

This

#7 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

No offense, but I don't think you've figured out the McDougle pick.

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson

The slot corner is the hardest to play. The outside corners have the sidelines as help. As far as man crush goes..... That's a negative. I am looking at the current roster and I don't see much of an option. Patterson will be on IR by week 2 and the rookie will be a rookie.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostMehlfan, on 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.

Until he goes down in week ___ . Patterson has not played a whole year yet according to the Dolphin boards. Again when he goes down who else is there?
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users