NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM) nice to see a move finally, hopefully he can stay healthy and give us a spark
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:27 PM) put a spork in that salad
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM) Should have gotten desean Jackson this offsesson
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:43 PM) yup
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) wowsers
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) i'm still crying from last night
V DidDy 210 Icon : (17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM) and on top of that the jets fuccked me again by getting harvin before he could play this week lol
santana Icon : (17 October 2014 - 07:33 PM) stop your crying THERE'S NO CRYING AT NYJETSFAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 08:12 AM) Jets are cutting David Nelson
jetfan4life12 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 09:15 AM) the probably could have had Santana Moss cheap. He has been healthy all season but inactive every week
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:06 AM) I'd prefer to keep him and cut Salas
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM) you would of thought david nelson would of been more of a redzone threat by this point. hes a big dude.
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out.

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,012
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm thinking CB, we have a need there. Our safeties aren't that bad now that we drafted Calvin Pryor, who I think will be a stud.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


I wasn't insinuating that Rex didn't sign off on the pick. I believe that we are conditioned to think that whenever we draft defense, that Rex was the driving force behind the pick. I think this time, Idzik saw a guy with a skill set and jumped on him. I think he starts playing FS from the gate. I see us drafting a CB in the 4th.
0

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,395
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson
0

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

This


View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

0

#7 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".



No offense, but I don't think you've figured out the McDougle pick.
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson

The slot corner is the hardest to play. The outside corners have the sidelines as help. As far as man crush goes..... That's a negative. I am looking at the current roster and I don't see much of an option. Patterson will be on IR by week 2 and the rookie will be a rookie.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 08-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:long island

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostMehlfan, on 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.

Until he goes down in week ___ . Patterson has not played a whole year yet according to the Dolphin boards. Again when he goes down who else is there?
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users