NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (Today, 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out.

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,885
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,985
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm thinking CB, we have a need there. Our safeties aren't that bad now that we drafted Calvin Pryor, who I think will be a stud.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


I wasn't insinuating that Rex didn't sign off on the pick. I believe that we are conditioned to think that whenever we draft defense, that Rex was the driving force behind the pick. I think this time, Idzik saw a guy with a skill set and jumped on him. I think he starts playing FS from the gate. I see us drafting a CB in the 4th.
0

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,381
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson
0

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,138
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

This


View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

0

#7 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".



No offense, but I don't think you've figured out the McDougle pick.
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,885
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson

The slot corner is the hardest to play. The outside corners have the sidelines as help. As far as man crush goes..... That's a negative. I am looking at the current roster and I don't see much of an option. Patterson will be on IR by week 2 and the rookie will be a rookie.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 08-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:long island

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,885
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostMehlfan, on 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.

Until he goes down in week ___ . Patterson has not played a whole year yet according to the Dolphin boards. Again when he goes down who else is there?
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users