NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out.

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,029
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm thinking CB, we have a need there. Our safeties aren't that bad now that we drafted Calvin Pryor, who I think will be a stud.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


I wasn't insinuating that Rex didn't sign off on the pick. I believe that we are conditioned to think that whenever we draft defense, that Rex was the driving force behind the pick. I think this time, Idzik saw a guy with a skill set and jumped on him. I think he starts playing FS from the gate. I see us drafting a CB in the 4th.
0

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,404
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson
0

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

This


View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

0

#7 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".



No offense, but I don't think you've figured out the McDougle pick.
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson

The slot corner is the hardest to play. The outside corners have the sidelines as help. As far as man crush goes..... That's a negative. I am looking at the current roster and I don't see much of an option. Patterson will be on IR by week 2 and the rookie will be a rookie.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 08-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:long island

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostMehlfan, on 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.

Until he goes down in week ___ . Patterson has not played a whole year yet according to the Dolphin boards. Again when he goes down who else is there?
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users