NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee Lee la la lee le lee leeeee
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:31 PM) Not f***ing happy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:31 PM) I hope I'm wrong tho
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:31 PM) if I'm wrong I will eat m crow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:39 PM) Some mocks had him top 10
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:42 PM) this guy is small
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:45 PM) Most mocks had Lee at 17 to the Falcons
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:45 PM) He's a day 1 starter for us. We've needed OLB forever
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:46 PM) Plus we generate a great rush from wilk rich and Williams
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:50 PM) I wanted Lawson bad
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:50 PM) f***ing bills
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:51 PM) Lee fills a need better
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:52 PM) I would have liked tunsil to slide to us though. After east picking great
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:52 PM) Would you take Lee over Lawson?
azjetfan Icon : (28 April 2016 - 09:55 PM) I'm not inspire by that pick. Not even a little
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:01 PM) Wasn't an option. Lawson was gone
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:02 PM) Lawson is more of a de. We already have too many of those. We only have 1 proven LBer and he's 32 and we run a 3-4. Lee is a day 1 starter
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:03 PM) Broncos traded up for lynch
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 April 2016 - 10:41 PM) Round 1 is done
2JBallar01 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 12:43 AM) He will play ILB for us.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 11:08 AM) http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38865
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 11:19 AM) jets tried to trade up for tunsil but the price was too high
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 05:10 PM) Tunsil will end up out of the league
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 05:12 PM) Lee isn't a pass rusher, hes a fast athletic LB. Hes probably their future at ILB, someone who can cover in the middle
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:16 PM) jets said he's an ILB for us
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:17 PM) If we could grab jack he would be an OLB
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:17 PM) ttians have 3 picks in the next 13 picks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:33 PM) jack to jax 36th overal
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 06:33 PM) Did you hear that the 1st round pick for the Browns RETIRED after getting drafted
SoReALSoJetS Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:29 PM) Hi guys long time no talk hope everyone is well
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:46 PM) SMH
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:46 PM) JETS drafted QB Hackenberg PSU
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:47 PM) Should have picked Connor Cook.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 April 2016 - 07:56 PM) I guess we are giving up on petty
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 09:02 PM) Or giving up on geno
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 April 2016 - 09:02 PM) I said the rumor was they liked him more then cook
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 April 2016 - 11:35 PM) I know I'm biased, but I've seen them both play. Cook is just better. Hackenberg had one good year. Cook has won more games, played in big games and won them....whatever, its done now so no sense on dwelling on it I guess. I just don't see the appeal in Hackenberg, nice kid, but I always thought he was really overrated. Oh well. I would have taken Kevin Hogan over Hackenberg.
azjetfan Icon : (30 April 2016 - 03:47 PM) From what I have read so far he had a great freshman year under Obrien in a pro style offense. At that point some considered him the next Andrew luck. Then Obrien left and they shifted to a spread under new HC who did poor job bringing in talent. He was also sacked and hit a million times. Might be shell shocked.
Smedsthejet Icon : (01 May 2016 - 06:17 AM) But Chan Gailey runs a spread system - still, I'm comfortable with the Hackenberg pick seeing as Gailey will develop the system to suit his strength... I'm just glad that we passed on Paxton Lynch in the first...we still desperately need Fitz to re-sign though
azjetfan Icon : (01 May 2016 - 07:14 PM) From my understanding the spread in college and the spread in NFL are not the same principals. I really think it was more of a talent issue and getting sacked 80 times in 2 years that did him in. I have no idea if he will make it. I don't follow college ball enough to to know. Theses are just things I read in articles.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 May 2016 - 10:24 AM) I'm stoked about getting peake in the 7th round. that was a steal. he was a projected 3rd rounder. wonder what scared teams away
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 May 2016 - 06:05 PM) Jets Invite Terron Beckham(Odell's Cousin) to Minicamp
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 May 2016 - 06:06 PM) Listed as a RB had more bench presses and highest vertical of anyone this year. Hasn't played football since high school and apparently not very smart
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 May 2016 - 05:16 PM) The Jets had Hackenberg as their #2 rated QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 May 2016 - 05:16 PM) Apparently, they loved Golf and tried to trade up. When that failed, their #2 QB was Hackenberg, they fell in love with his football IQ
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 May 2016 - 05:17 PM) It would be a mistake to start him right away, hes a guy who needs development. He has the talent, and apparently he has good leadership skills and football IQ. His mechanics are off though
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

I Think I Figured The Mcdougle Pick Out.

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,136
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm thinking CB, we have a need there. Our safeties aren't that bad now that we drafted Calvin Pryor, who I think will be a stud.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,492
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


I wasn't insinuating that Rex didn't sign off on the pick. I believe that we are conditioned to think that whenever we draft defense, that Rex was the driving force behind the pick. I think this time, Idzik saw a guy with a skill set and jumped on him. I think he starts playing FS from the gate. I see us drafting a CB in the 4th.
0

#5 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,522
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson
0

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

This


View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

0

#7 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 31-December 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.

Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.

Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.

Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".



No offense, but I don't think you've figured out the McDougle pick.
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 10 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Not sure what the deal with your man crush with Wilson is but no way in hell he will be a starting corner. Not going to happen. He has dropped on the roster each year to his current spot as 4th or 5th corner coming in at nickel and dime coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with the analyst in the other topic that stated it might be the end of the line for Wilson. It's more likely Wilson will be fighting to keep his job as a Jet in training camp.

The Jets passed over on Wilson the passed few years when we had injuries at corners and when Revis was injured and traded and chose to pick up corners off other teams and kept Wilson at part time coverage. No way in hell an unreliable part time corner that has been demoted lower and lower will be trusted to be a full time starter.

If it happens I will be utterly shocked and astounded. Wilson would be thrown on all game and get owned trying to cover a #1 or #2 receiver ever game. Wilson is strictly a part time 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver cover corner.

Wilson is a decent corner where he is at in the slot at nickel and dime coverage but that doesn't mean he can cover the top receivers. The nickel and dime 3rd,4th and 5th corners usually get help in coverage. Just because Wilson is decent in nickel doesn't mean he can take on the #1 and 2 receivers with little or no help. Sorry but he isn't good enough for that.

This cap hit could be a key reason the Jets may possibly want to part ways with Wilson.

http://www.spotrac.c...ts/kyle-wilson/

Also this ESPN scouting report on the secondary isn't to appealing.

http://espn.go.com/b...ame/kyle-wilson

The slot corner is the hardest to play. The outside corners have the sidelines as help. As far as man crush goes..... That's a negative. I am looking at the current roster and I don't see much of an option. Patterson will be on IR by week 2 and the rookie will be a rookie.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 08-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:long island

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't think Idzik would take a defensive player (especially a corner) without Rex's blessing. I think they saw a guy with good talent drop due to a shoulder injury and thought it was a good value.

Here is how I think it will play out. Wilson and Milliner will start with the rest competing for the nickel. They will want to see how Wilson does as a full time outside guy. He is in the last year of his contract.


Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostMehlfan, on 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Patterson will start with Milliner. McDougle will end up being a superior player compared to Wilson, who will be playing for contract, btw. Wilson would be an adequate signing as a nckle/dime...on the cheap, maybe.

Until he goes down in week ___ . Patterson has not played a whole year yet according to the Dolphin boards. Again when he goes down who else is there?
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users