NYJetsFan.com Forums: Dennis Thurman Accused Of Slapping Woman - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (Today, 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (Today, 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (Today, 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (Today, 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (Today, 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (Today, 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Dennis Thurman Accused Of Slapping Woman via TMZ

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

NY Jets Defensive Coordinator -- Accused of Slapping Woman ... at NJ Restaurant

Posted Image

NY Jets defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman is under investigation for allegedly SLAPPING a woman at a New Jersey restaurant earlier this week ... this according to a police report obtained by TMZ Sports ... and we obtained photos taken during the heated exchange.

A 28-year-old woman has filed a police report with the Morristown PD, claiming she was at the outdoor bar at Pazzo Pazzo restaurant on Wednesday afternoon when she encountered Thurman.

According to the report, 58-year-old Thurman began hitting on her and offering her drinks -- but she made it clear she was not interested.

At that point, the woman claims Thurman "showed an aggressive demeanor toward her" and then "out of nowhere, Thurman slapped her across the face."

Posted Image

The woman says she was shocked and blurted out, "You just hit me."

TMZ Sports obtained 2 photos taken during the encounter -- one of which shows the woman flipping Thurman off moments before the slap ... and another photo appears to show Thurman following through after the alleged slap.

After the alleged slap, the woman claims Thurman -- who played 8 years in the NFL as a defensive back -- threw his hands up in the air and left the area.

The woman claims she was not injured during the incident, but filed the report out of concern Thurman would strike other women in the future.

We reached out to the Jets -- so far, no comment.

http://www.tmz.com/2...new-jersey-bar/

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

@SethWalderNYDN: Just spoke with restaurant Pazzo Pazzo. Manager said Dennis Thurman did not slap a woman there.

@SethWalderNYDN: Manager said there were 12 or 13 witnesses, including his bartender, that said she accused him of slapping her but he did not.

@SethWalderNYDN: "It didn’t happen," manager Dennis Henry said.

@SethWalderNYDN: Manager wasn't there. He was just relaying information told to him by witnesses.

#3 User is offline   Roger Vick Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

He slapped her.

Jets have no choice but to fire him.

No great loss. He didn't really bring much to the table anyway.

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostRoger Vick, on 16 May 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

He slapped her.

Jets have no choice but to fire him.

No great loss. He didn't really bring much to the table anyway.

Ohhhhh. This guy.

The opposite of SHJ.

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

Are you two hermanos?

this is a weird situation with thurman. Ill wait for the official report you all have fun being judge and jury.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

13 people who where there said he did not hit her. At this point until something new comes up I am done with it. I also thought this Roger Vick guy was leaving? What happened?
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

So there isn't actually video of it, just a picture and 13 witnesses say he didn't? Non-story, this won't hold up in court. Those pictures don't lead me to think he slapped her, could be just a hand gesture like "get away".
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Or like he was threatening to hit her. Either way non story in my book. I'm sure she was mouthing off as much as he was
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

and here is the accuser

in case it wont embed. here is the link

http://static3.nydai...ts19n-1-web.jpg
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Tim Dolan, 43, of Bloomfield, NJ, told The Post he was sitting with two friends at a nearby table and did not witness any unnecessary roughness.

“I was sitting at a table eight feet away with a client and saw Thurman arrive and sit at the bar next to the woman and her friend,” Dolan said. “They began having a conversation, and at times the woman seemed open to him and would turn to him, and other times she would turn back to her friend and show her back to him. This went on for 20 minutes. It didn’t look like they were in an argument.
“Then I saw Thurman get up from the bar and walk away and head towards the restaurant, before saying, ‘What? I was trying to give you a high five!’
“The woman’s friend then asked us, ‘Did you see him slap her in the face?’ If I had seen something I would have said or done something, but he didn’t hit her.”
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

http://profootballta...a-false-report/

Whenever someone in the public eye is accused of wrongdoing, it’s always possible that the accusation is something other than true. When it comes to the accusation made against Jets defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman, that possibility is enhanced by the reality (as reported by the New York Daily News) that his accuser previously was arrested for making a false report.

Via Seth Walder and Corrine Lestch of the Daily News, 28-year-old Jessie Steinberg declined comment on the accuracy of an online background report showing that she was once arrested for making a fictitious claim. The case had no date attached to it.

In the current case, Steinberg contends that Thurman slapped her hand and grazed her face after she gave him the one-fingered peace sign.

“I’m not hurt, but it was scary to have a man I didn’t know stand over me like that,” Steinberg said. “Just because he’s Dennis Thurman, he can’t go around and act like that towards women.”

A photo obtained by TMZ appears to show the woman firing off the middle finger to Thurman while his hand moves toward it.

Thurman wasn’t arrested, and it’s difficult to imagine anything coming from the situation. While he remains subject to scrutiny under the Personal Conduct Policy, what’s the discipline for a slap that causes no injury to a hand making an obscene gesture?

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

so were all in agreement she's a dumb lying bitch and he did nothing wrong other then hit on the wrong woman? cool. :victory:
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

There will be some idiot coming on here to request he be fired or something at some point
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 May 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

There will be some idiot coming on here to request he be fired or something at some point

Roger that
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 19 May 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

Roger that

I've just come to realize that no matter what happens and how credible something sounds (or actually is), someone will always have something to say and complain. Doesn't make it good, doesn't make it bad...just is what it is
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

Well unless there is evidence he has to be presumed innocent. Even if he did slap her if no one saw it happen then she is out of luck. One thing I will say though is Thurman probably did harass to much verbally and should have gotten the point when when she said no. Maybe he was drinking to much and wasn't thinking and pressed to much with talking to her when she wasn't interested.

Either way without witnesses or video it's word against word and he will be innocent. Thurman as a high profile guy shouldn't have put himself in the situation to get the bad press for the Org either way. The Jets org has had enough bad press.

#17 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 May 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

I've just come to realize that no matter what happens and how credible something sounds (or actually is), someone will always have something to say and complain. Doesn't make it good, doesn't make it bad...just is what it is

Your just realizing that now?
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 19 May 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 19 May 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Roger that

Post #3 in the thread: http://nyjetsfan.com...ndpost&p=354371

#19 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostChaos, on 20 May 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Im glad someone caught that.
Posted Image