NYJetsFan.com Forums: 50 Senators Push Nfl To Change Redskins Name - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (30 September 2014 - 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 September 2014 - 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) they have no QB. 1-3 with eli/tannehill as your starter? i need another WR or RB to strengthen my team and Rivers is my best sell.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) kinda hoping to use the desperation to shore up my team
Resize Shouts Area

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

50 Senators Push Nfl To Change Redskins Name

#41 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostChaos, on 29 May 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Um...what?

The Redskins want their fans to tweet AT Senator Reid and tell him what the team means to them.

#42 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

Just out of curiosity, lets say the Redskins are forced or coerced to change their name... should the High School on the Indian Reservation change their name too? I mean, if the term is offensive, no one should use it, right?

#43 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 May 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, lets say the Redskins are forced or coerced to change their name... should the High School on the Indian Reservation change their name too? I mean, if the term is offensive, no one should use it, right?

Absolutely. Just because they are Native-Americans themselves that doesn't mean they get a free pass to use the name themselves. Wrong is still wrong regardless of a person's color and that Navajo school in Arizona is wrong too (BTW of course the school Snyder uses as an example is in Arizona). Just because they are small number of Native-Americans choosing to use that word as their high school mascot, that doesn't make it then okay for anybody use it. But if the NFL team were to change their name, I think it would put a lot of pressure on those Native-American high schools to change their nicknames also. These Native-American organizations opposing the name would then be able shift most of their focus onto these high schools after the NFL team changes its name.

But yes, if a term is rooted in hate and discrimination and is offensive, no one should use it. It's the same thing I say to the fools in my own community that say that stupid shit about that word you want to use so badly. "Oh we (black people) can say n***** but white people can't". "It's a term of endearment now". "We have taken ownership of the word now". GTFO of here with that nonsense. NOBODY should use the word. It wasn't needed when it was created centuries ago and it's not needed today. It was just a word created long ago by people who treated the people they were calling that word like shit. Just like the name used by Washington's NFL team. I seriously doubt before Europeans got here Native-Americans were calling themselves that word.

http://cronkitenewso...ism-or-respect/
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#44 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostChaos, on 29 May 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Um...what?

Apparently their little campaign didn't go as they had planned.

Redskins Try To Hashtag Bomb Harry Reid, But It Backfires On Them
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#45 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

The argument should be brought up that it's a stupid name to begin with. It's the nations Capitol and the team name is some watered down slur towards natives. Then again Dc will get another stupid team name like the wizards. Ditch the skins name and ditch the wizards name! Impeach Obama!
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#46 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:43 AM

View Postsantana, on 30 May 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

another stupid team name like the wizards.

Hell yeah!!! The Bullets name was awesome.Maybe the coolest name for an NBA team. People shoot people in every state. It was stupid to ever change that name.

#47 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 29 May 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

I seriously doubt before Europeans got here Native-Americans were calling themselves that word.

http://cronkitenewso...ism-or-respect/

It's funny that you mentioned this but, as a European immigrant, it took me a while to adjust to the "N word". Where I'm from, the term "negr" is a term of respect. It's on par with "African American" but if you call someone "black" like the color, that's an insult and you'd only say it if you were trying to provoke a person, like saying "coon" or some shit along those lines. I'm positive that my parents used "negr" to address whatever black people they came in contact with early on before someone told them no too.

Since it's kinda along the same lines, my mother had to take a few college classes to transfer her degrees here. One of the classes had her write a paper on gay people. My mother was an English teacher in the old country but she didn't know that gay meant homosexual, she only knew it to mean "happy". I wish she saved that paper. There's also the time I mislearned words and got "bakery" and "bathroom" confused for a solid week in 4th grade. Good times.

#48 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

The 81-Year-Old Newspaper Article That Destroys The Redskins’ Justification For Their Name

By Travis Waldron May 30, 2014 at 12:05 pm Updated: May 30, 2014 at 12:24 pm

"The 81-Year-Old Newspaper Article That Destroys The Redskins’ Justification For Their Name"

As challenges against the name of the Washington Redskins have persisted for more than four decades, the teams ownership and management has held on to a consistent story: that the team changed its original name — the Boston Braves — to the Boston Redskins in 1933 to honor its coach, William “Lone Star” Dietz, who maintained at the time that he was a member of the Sioux tribe.

But in a 1933 interview with the Associated Press, George Preston Marshall, the team’s owner and original founder, admitted that the story wasn’t true.

“The fact that we have in our head coach, Lone Star Dietz, an Indian, together with several Indian players, has not, as may be suspected, inspired me to select the name Redskins,” Marshall said in the AP report. The quote was originally referenced in a story on the team’s name at Sports Illustrated’s MMQB site. Jesse Witten, the lead attorney in a lawsuit challenging the legality of the team’s federal trademark protection, unearthed the actual AP report this week, and provided it to to Washington Post columnist Robert McCartney. ESPN’s Keith Olbermann reported it on his show, “Olbermann,” Thursday night.

Here’s a copy of the news clip, which ran in the Hartford (Conn.) Courant on July 5, 1933:

Posted Image

CREDIT: Hartford Courant

The team’s owner, Daniel Snyder, and top management have justified the team’s name as an “honor” to Native Americans in letters to fans and the public. So too has NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. And both have leaned on the story that Marshall chose the name to honor Dietz to make that case.

Snyder referenced the history without using Dietz’s name specifically in a letter to season ticket-holders last October:

As some of you may know, our team began 81 years ago — in 1932 — with the name “Boston Braves.” The following year, the franchise name was changed to the “Boston Redskins.” On that inaugural Redskins team, four players and our Head Coach were Native Americans. The name was never a label. It was, and continues to be, a badge of honor.

The team has also used Dietz’s heritage — and the claim that the Redskins were named in his honor — to defend itself in the lawsuits challenging its federal trademark.

The NFL, too, has rested its case on that history. Goodell did so in a letter to 10 members of Congress who wrote him to challenge the name last June. The commissioner called the name a symbol of “strength, courage, pride, and respect” and specifically referenced Dietz’s role in the name:

In our view, a fair and thorough discussion of the issue must begin with an understanding of the roots of the Washington franchise and the Redskins name in particular. As you may know, the team began as the Boston Braves in 1932, a name that honored the courage and heritage of Native Americans. The following year, the name was changed to the Redskins — in part to avoid confusion with the Boston baseball team of the same name, but also to honor the team’s then-head coach, William “Lone Star” Dietz.

Asked for their response to the news clip, neither the NFL nor the Washington Redskins responded by the time of publication.

Dietz’s history was already in question at the time thanks to the work of historian Linda M. Waggoner, whose exhaustive account of Dietz’s life found that he almost certainly was not a Native American, as he had claimed. In fact, Dietz faced a federal trial alleging that he had falsely represented himself as a Native American to avoid the World War I draft. After the first trial ended with a hung jury, Dietz pleaded no contest to the same charges in a second trial and served 30 days in jail.

When ThinkProgress asked the franchise about the claims that Dietz was not a Native American last year, the team’s president and general manager, Bruce Allen, called the questions “ignorant requests” and suggested that we speak to Dietz’s family instead.

Amid scrutiny about Dietz’s history, the team has given the appearance of backing away from relying on the claim that he inspired the name. Notably, Allen did not cite Dietz or the origins of the name in his written response to a letter from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and 49 other senators who called on the team to drop “Redskins.”

If Marshall didn’t choose the name based on Dietz or the presence of Native Americans, what was his reason? As Olbermann notes in his report, the team chose its original name — the Boston Braves — because it shared a field with Boston’s baseball team by the same name. Marshall explains the AP story that he gave up the name “Braves” because it was too easily confused with the baseball team, and he chose “Redskins” to keep the Native American imagery as the team moved away from the Braves and into Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox.

Until recently, that story was more commonly told than the one about Dietz. In 1972, freelance writer Joe Marshall wrote a story on team nicknames in a promotional program from a game between Washington and the Atlanta Falcons. Joe Marshall didn’t reference Dietz in his story, instead writing that the team wanted to “change names but keep the Indian motif”:

The Redskins also copied a baseball team, the Boston Braves. George Preston Marshall started with his team in Boston on Braves Field. When he switched playing sites, he wanted to change names but keep the Indian motif. Since he was now sharing a park with the Red Sox and at the same time liked Harvard’s crimson jerseys, Redskins seemed appropriate. Redskins they have remained, a proud tradition. Until now, that is.

In that sense, it seems obvious that the name “Redskins” was chosen more as a marketing ploy than anything else, a way to tweak the team’s name without changing the image it had established. Regardless of the original motive, however, this much is clear: the story the team and NFL have used to justify the name’s existence as a “badge of honor” is not true, and the man who founded the team refuted it himself more than 80 years ago.

http://thinkprogress...tive-americans/

There goes the "named after Coach Dietz" defense.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#49 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

This sh!t is getting old. You two are whinning like b!ctches over this and not even Indian so it doesnt concern you. This is up for the Indian nations to decide if the name is offensive to them. Not whites, blacks, Mexicans,etc.

F*ck all this crying and fighting b*llshit about it. If you are seriously concerned then join the Indian nation and actually help them do something. Whining and trying to convince each other and doing nothing is pointless.

If the team name was offense to whites, blacks, Mexicans or whoever the Indian Nation wouldn't give a rats a$$ about it.

Yes a lot of the Indian nations are poor but there are tons of tax free casino's they own pulling in billions. So if they choose to see it as offense they are perfectly capable of pulling their resources to make some serious headway

Let them handle their own business. Its not for you to decide whether its offensive to them or not. Its for the Indian Nation to decide period.

I'm sure I will hear some flack over this but the fact is you are doing nothing but b!tching about it and doing nothing to help so more less you guys sound like a bunch of nagging old women.

Personally I dont give a f*ck because Im not Indian but this topic is dragging on out of sheer stupidity of people that plan to do absolutely nothing for the Indian nation except b*tch and bring up pointless quotes. If you guys are so totally against it actually do your part for the Indian nation and just stfu about this topic The way you naggy old women are going this topic will end up a thousand pages down.

I move to have this topic closed completely.

That`s why I hate these fake a$$ political forums. Everyone like to b!tch and complain about the opinions of what the country should be doing and yet 99.999% of the people doing all the b*tching do absolutely nothing but b*tch.

Same things is applying to this forum. nothing but b*thcing but about the politics but I can pretty much guarantee tha no one is actually going and protesting with the Indians or attending political meetings on the issue. Nothing but b*thcing about what should be done and doing nothing at all. What a f*cken joke.

I greatly respect anyone that actually stands up for what they believe in and makes a stand but I hate people who do nothing but b*tch and complain to each other and sit on their a$$es doing absolutely nothing.

So again please lock this piece of sh*t of a topic. If anyone here posting on this topic is actually doing something Id like to see some proof other wise I say its just b*tching.
Again please close this worthless topic.

#50 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 30 May 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

This sh!t is getting old. You two are whinning like b!ctches over this and not even Indian so it doesnt concern you. This is up for the Indian nations to decide if the name is offensive to them. Not whites, blacks, Mexicans,etc.

F*ck all this crying and fighting b*llshit about it. If you are seriously concerned then join the Indian nation and actually help them do something. Whining and trying to convince each other and doing nothing is pointless.

If the team name was offense to whites, blacks, Mexicans or whoever the Indian Nation wouldn't give a rats a$$ about it.

Yes a lot of the Indian nations are poor but there are tons of tax free casino's they own pulling in billions. So if they choose to see it as offense they are perfectly capable of pulling their resources to make some serious headway

Let them handle their own business. Its not for you to decide whether its offensive to them or not. Its for the Indian Nation to decide period.

I'm sure I will hear some flack over this but the fact is you are doing nothing but b!tching about it and doing nothing to help so more less you guys sound like a bunch of nagging old women.

Personally I dont give a f*ck because Im not Indian but this topic is dragging on out of sheer stupidity of people that plan to do absolutely nothing for the Indian nation except b*tch and bring up pointless quotes. If you guys are so totally against it actually do your part for the Indian nation and just stfu about this topic The way you naggy old women are going this topic will end up a thousand pages down.

That`s why I hate these fake a$$ political forums. Everyone like to b!tch and complain about the opionions of what the country should be doing and yet 99.999% of the people doing all the b*tching do absolutely nothing but b*tch.

Same things is applying to this forum. nothing but b*thcing but aboult the politics but I can pretty much guarantee tha no one is actually going and protesting with the Indians or attending political meetings on the issue. Nothing but b*thcing about what should be done and doing nothing at all. What a f*cken joke.

I greatly respect anyone that actually stands up for what they believe in and makes a stand but I hate people who do nothing but b*tch and complain to each other and sit on their a$$es doing absolutely nothing.

So again please lock this piece of sh*t of a topic. If anyone here posting on this topic is actually doing something Id like to see some proof other wise I say its just b*tching.

I'm thinking to myself right now "could a human being really be that stupid?" I mean all that shit you wrote in that post has to be a joke. Right? So because you don't think this should be important to non Native-Americans and that we sound like nagging old women, that the thread should be shut down. First off who gives a f*** what you think? Also I don't think anybody who disagrees on a message board actually thinks they are going to change somebody else's mind during a discussion. All people do is present their point of view and that's about it. If people agree that's fine and if they don't, they don't. But what you just said is beyond ignorant.

So you want me to do something about the name change. Well I guess I'll personally call Dan Snyder tonight and ask him to do me a favor and change the team's name. Why didn't I think of talking to Snyder man to man about all this sooner? Oh wait, I'm not Native-American so I should have no view on this issue since it doesn't concern me. Maybe I shouldn't call him then. Damn, Rob you really put me between a rock and hard place on this one. I'm supposed to not care about this issue since I'm not Native-American. But I'm also supposed to get off my ass a help the Native-American nations "do something".

But you're right, people who are a certain race shouldn't concern themselves with the problemx of people in other races. All those white abolitionist like William Lloyd Garrison and John Brown should have just let the slaves deal with abolition. All those men who supported women's suffrage should have just shut up and let the women fight for their own rights. Whites shouldn't have gotten involved (and some losing their lives) in the Civil Rights Movement. That wasn't their fight to fight. And today straight people shouldn't support equal rights for the LGBT community. Let them fight that fight themselves. Do you know realize how ridiculous you sound? None of the progress this nation has made over the last two centuries could have been accomplished without the help of all different types of people pushing together for that change.

Yeah you're damn right you're going to get some flack over that shit you said. Because that's exactly what it is, shit. You should get some flack over that post full of ignorance.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#51 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 30 May 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

That`s why I hate these fake a$$ political forums. Everyone like to b!tch and complain about the opinions of what the country should be doing and yet 99.999% of the people doing all the b*tching do absolutely nothing but b*tch.

Same things is applying to this forum. nothing but b*thcing but about the politics but I can pretty much guarantee tha no one is actually going and protesting with the Indians or attending political meetings on the issue. Nothing but b*thcing about what should be done and doing nothing at all. What a f*cken joke.

You must have repeated yourself 10 times in this post but just found different words in each sentence to make it sound different .

#52 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

Last thing I'm going to say on the topic . And yes you guys complaining about it are totally pathetic if not stupid if you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not trying to debate about it so I will make it simple.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone being upset but when you b*tch and complain and do absolutely nothing you are no different than the people that don't care. Rationalizing and making excuses doesn't change that fact.

I myself have started petitions and written my congressman and my state attorney general on subjects I felt strongly against. I haven't written the governor, or marched in groups of protest or written the senate or president but I've done more than most people do. The subject aren't the point. And pulling up the race card makes you sound like a bunch of pathetic little b*tches. I hate that because that makes you sound idiotic. I have a mixed family of Mexican and Chinese family members.My brothers and sisters are half Chinese and half Mexican. So your bullsh*t race card is laughable. And so is bringing up slavery again and again. That happened hundreds of years a go. It doesn't apply today. And if African Americans actually know their history the slaves were actually sold by people in power in Africa. I dont ever hear Africa being blamed for their part in what happened hundreds of years ago. They should also be blamed for their part in it. What the ancestors in America did hundreds of years ago has no bearing on anyone today in the country so get the f*ck off that sh*t and live for today.

The Jewish people were enslaved in Egypt,Africa but you don't hear them still b*tching about it. And the Indians don't constantly b*tch about their country being invaded and taken over.I have plenty of Indian friends and they dont live in the past. That is part of the problem . Live for today not hundreds of years ago. Again I come from a huge mixed family and proud of it but I'm tired of crap that happened hundreds of years ago being brought up over and over again.

And another thing women, little boys and little girls are enslaved in Africa every day for sex trade, militants, you name it. Just read the news about the little girls that were kidnapped so I get tired of this stupidity that happened hundreds of years a go and the stupidity as if white people are the only people that ever enslaved anyone. Quit living in the f*cking past.

Instead of insulting others and posting documents on a forum that does nothing forum that does nothing for the cause you feel so strongly about why not actually do something about it?
Otherwise you are just a bunch of hypocrites complaining about something if you never intend to help at all.

As I said in the other post i respect anyone that feels strongly about a a belief but when you do nothing but complain you are as much of a hypocrite as someone who proclaimed to be religious and then knowingly continually does everything wrong against the religion you progress to believe in.

Or complains about government laws but nothing to actually show their displeasure of the law other than complain to each other.

So yes if you truly believe in this cause then actually do something. Any citizen can write their congress or start petitions ask people to sign them and ask them to sign the petition and send it in to your government.

So yes you are a bunch of Naggy old women because all you are doing is sitting on your a$$es and b*tching on the computer snd to each other.

Ever heard of power to the people? Well that applies in this situation. Maybe starting petitions, protesting, or writing your government may not change anything but even if it makes a 1% difference at least you are trying but none of you have shown you are doing anything but complain so shut the f*ck up and actually do something for the cause or deal with being Naggy old women.

The government always replies to letters written to them even if it's just a secretary. I'd like to see just one person that feels strongly about this send a letter and get a reply.

I said in the other post that respect anyone that does something about what they believe in so do something or shut your mouths because you aren't helping anyone just whining about the topic. The Indian nation would say the same thing. What are you doing to help? If the answer is nothing you are part of the problem and even more so because all you do is run your mouths.

#53 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 02 June 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Last thing I'm going to say on the topic . And yes you guys complaining about it are totally pathetic if not stupid if you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not trying to debate about it so I will make it simple.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone being upset but when you b*tch and complain and do absolutely nothing you are no different than the people that don't care. Rationalizing and making excuses doesn't change that fact.

I myself have started petitions and written my congressman and my state attorney general on subjects I felt strongly against. I haven't written the governor, or marched in groups of protest or written the senate or president but I've done more than most people do. The subject aren't the point. And pulling up the race card makes you sound like a bunch of pathetic little b*tches. I hate that because that makes you sound idiotic. I have a mixed family of Mexican and Chinese family members.My brothers and sisters are half Chinese and half Mexican. So your bullsh*t race card is laughable. And so is bringing up slavery again and again. That happened hundreds of years a go. It doesn't apply today. And if African Americans actually know their history the slaves were actually sold by people in power in Africa. I dont ever hear Africa being blamed for their part in what happened hundreds of years ago. They should also be blamed for their part in it. What the ancestors in America did hundreds of years ago has no bearing on anyone today in the country so get the f*ck off that sh*t and live for today.

The Jewish people were enslaved in Egypt,Africa but you don't hear them still b*tching about it. And the Indians don't constantly b*tch about their country being invaded and taken over.I have plenty of Indian friends and they dont live in the past. That is part of the problem . Live for today not hundreds of years ago. Again I come from a huge mixed family and proud of it but I'm tired of crap that happened hundreds of years ago being brought up over and over again.

And another thing women, little boys and little girls are enslaved in Africa every day for sex trade, militants, you name it. Just read the news about the little girls that were kidnapped so I get tired of this stupidity that happened hundreds of years a go and the stupidity as if white people are the only people that ever enslaved anyone. Quit living in the f*cking past.

Instead of insulting others and posting documents on a forum that does nothing forum that does nothing for the cause you feel so strongly about why not actually do something about it?
Otherwise you are just a bunch of hypocrites complaining about something if you never intend to help at all.

As I said in the other post i respect anyone that feels strongly about a a belief but when you do nothing but complain you are as much of a hypocrite as someone who proclaimed to be religious and then knowingly continually does everything wrong against the religion you progress to believe in.

Or complains about government laws but nothing to actually show their displeasure of the law other than complain to each other.

So yes if you truly believe in this cause then actually do something. Any citizen can write their congress or start petitions ask people to sign them and ask them to sign the petition and send it in to your government.

So yes you are a bunch of Naggy old women because all you are doing is sitting on your a$$es and b*tching on the computer snd to each other.

Ever heard of power to the people? Well that applies in this situation. Maybe starting petitions, protesting, or writing your government may not change anything but even if it makes a 1% difference at least you are trying but none of you have shown you are doing anything but complain so shut the f*ck up and actually do something for the cause or deal with being Naggy old women.

The government always replies to letters written to them even if it's just a secretary. I'd like to see just one person that feels strongly about this send a letter and get a reply.

I said in the other post that respect anyone that does something about what they believe in so do something or shut your mouths because you aren't helping anyone just whining about the topic. The Indian nation would say the same thing. What are you doing to help? If the answer is nothing you are part of the problem and even more so because all you do is run your mouths.

RetireChrebet is right. That post was 800 words of repetitive nonsense. You are just talking out of your ass and contradicting yourself all over the place. You say we need to shut up about this since we aren't Native-Americans, but then also say we need to write our congressmen and get involved. Well for your information my two U.S. Senators (Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow) were two of the 50 senators that co-signed that letter; and I've voted for them and volunteered for them and wrote both of them in the past. So don't lecture me about reaching out to those in power. And yes I will bring up slavery because it's part of American history, and it's a part of our history that people like you want to sweep under the rug and ignore, because as you said it "doesn't apply today". What you failed to realize is I brought it up because of your idiotic statement that because we are not Native-Americans that this is none of our concern. I gave the example of white abolitionist to show that if it wasn't for people like them fighting against slavery, it might have taken even longer for it to end.

You shouldn't sit there and act like we're not doing anything to get the name changed. You don't know us and and have no idea what we are and are not doing. You're just making assumptions. There is little we can do individually anyway. It will likely take the players refusing to play games for and against Washington to get the name changed. It will take fans refusing to give their money to the NFL until the name is changed. Without players and fans, there is no NFL. So those are some things that can be and should be done to get the name changed. But then again about 99% of us aren't Native-Americans and should not concern ourselves with this issue if we are to listen to you. Jesus Christ man! This is an internet message board, remember? Coming here to talk about various topics is what a message board is for. This is not some lobbying firm on K Street. You really need to quit it with all your self-righteous bravado. Acting like you are doing us all some favor coming down from the mountain to lecture us. You are just spewing shit over and over and don't fully understand what you're talking about to begin with.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#54 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I'll be damned if I lock any topic right now especially at this point in the offseason lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 02 June 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Alright so I'm just going to skip over a bunch of this and say that it's really ignorant to think that the things that happened with slavery don't affect us today. Besides, it isn't like slavery ended and then everything was just spectacular. People like you insinuate that black people should just "Get over" slavery and say that it doesn't affect us today. You can say that all you want, but why don't we tell people to "get over" 9/11 or the Holocaust? These are important moments in history that affect us just as slavery does, no matter how unimportant you and people like you want to think that it really is.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 02 June 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

Alright so I'm just going to skip over a bunch of this and say that it's really ignorant to think that the things that happened with slavery don't affect us today. Besides, it isn't like slavery ended and then everything was just spectacular. People like you insinuate that black people should just "Get over" slavery and say that it doesn't affect us today. You can say that all you want, but why don't we tell people to "get over" 9/11 or the Holocaust? These are important moments in history that affect us just as slavery does, no matter how unimportant you and people like you want to think that it really is.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here but can you elaborate on how you feel slavery affects you today?
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 June 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here but can you elaborate on how you feel slavery affects you today?

You won't get it. No matter what I would say or no matter what things I would cite from, you would just list it as irrelevant and retort with the whole "only you can make your life better...." You're a 40 year old white man and you just wouldn't get it (I don't say that as an insult). As you told Mr_Jet, it'd just be over your head.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 02 June 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

You won't get it. No matter what I would say or no matter what things I would cite from, you would just list it as irrelevant and retort with the whole "only you can make your life better...." You're a 40 year old white man and you just wouldn't get it (I don't say that as an insult). As you told Mr_Jet, it'd just be over your head.

Over my head may be a wrong use of words but there are plenty of successful black people out there. Why are they able to do it? I'm not trying to start a war here. I understand there is a culture difference. Do black folks feel white people as a whole are racist? From my experience whites are more indifferent. They don't care one way or another. Of course there are always some that will be idiots like any group but as a whole I don't see it.
Posted Image

#59 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 June 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

Over my head may be a wrong use of words but there are plenty of successful black people out there. Why are they able to do it? I'm not trying to start a war here. I understand there is a culture difference. Do black folks feel white people as a whole are racist? From my experience whites are more indifferent. They don't care one way or another. Of course there are always some that will be idiots like any group but as a whole I don't see it.

I think it being over your head is pretty sufficient, actually (and it really isn't a bad thing...just is what it is). What it comes down to is that racism today really affects us a lot more than you think and there are things that happened in the past that still affect us today. I'm not just singling out slavery here as I believe that things from such events as 9/11 and the Holocaust (among numerous others) affect us presently as well. As I said I don't feel like citing a whole bunch of things and going into detail because you're going to reject them right off the bad and say that whatever I say/present isn't credible. I don't feel like going through that rodeo. All I'll say is if you (not you specifically, more universally) believe that certain ethnic groups today are not affected by racism/issues of the past then you really have your head in the ground.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 02 June 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

I'll be damned if I lock any topic right now especially at this point in the offseason lol

Posted Image

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users