NYJetsFan.com Forums: Need Quick Help - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:47 AM) Anyway only reason I mentioned it was because of your sense of humor. The last Bellator 134 was called the British Invasion. If you watch mma Might want to add this site to your favorites http://www.mmauk.net...y/bellatornews/
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:55 AM) There was one of those hour long shows about the upcoming event featuring the fighters the prior week to Bellator 134 and all 4 of the Brits were cocky as hell. Yelling "The British are coming!!!!"
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:57 AM) By the way 135 is tonight if you are interested. I used to watch pretty much all the televised mma now I stick with Bellator and UFC only
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 03:07 AM) that last link is a UK mma site. Only reason i added it. http://www.sherdog.com/ is pretty much the best mma site on the net for everything mma
JSOTF Icon : (27 March 2015 - 07:08 AM) I actually live in Germany
azjetfan Icon : (27 March 2015 - 09:08 PM) Just got done sitting in traffic for 3 hours in Louisville KY.
azjetfan Icon : (27 March 2015 - 09:09 PM) Unbelievably poor planning by the DOT.
santana Icon : (28 March 2015 - 05:48 PM) Favre on my TV selling shaving razors so I bought a years supply
azjetfan Icon : (30 March 2015 - 02:12 PM) Soooo has anyone had any experience with the new Sling Tv?
azjetfan Icon : (30 March 2015 - 02:13 PM) $20 a month gets you ESPN and 15 other channels.
azjetfan Icon : (30 March 2015 - 02:18 PM) All streamed.
santana Icon : (30 March 2015 - 02:57 PM) negative
santana Icon : (30 March 2015 - 02:58 PM) I'm a fan of the apple tv though. I just use a clients fios tv account to access the different services like watch espn
santana Icon : (30 March 2015 - 02:59 PM) i also have hbo go netflix amazon prime. with hd antennas i get the local channels as well.
azjetfan Icon : (30 March 2015 - 03:00 PM) I tried the watch ESPN ap but since I cancelled my DTV it said I needed a provider.
santana Icon : (30 March 2015 - 03:10 PM) yep need an account
santana Icon : (30 March 2015 - 03:11 PM) nbc sports app also works really well I airplay that to the appletv
azjetfan Icon : (30 March 2015 - 09:01 PM) Alright signed up for the sling TV bit.
azjetfan Icon : (30 March 2015 - 09:01 PM) Pretty cool so far.
santana Icon : (31 March 2015 - 12:56 AM) mock drafts have mariota going to the jets and the rest seem to have no clue
azjetfan Icon : (31 March 2015 - 09:25 AM) I think he will be gone before that
azjetfan Icon : (31 March 2015 - 09:25 AM) Either someone will trade up or he will be taken by Titans or Redskins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 March 2015 - 12:58 PM) JEts are going to remain at florham park for training camp
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (31 March 2015 - 12:58 PM) no cortland or hofstra
ROBJETS Icon : (31 March 2015 - 06:12 PM) Unless you guys are looking for internet tv alternatives to cable or satellite tv You are better off just buying a slingbox http://www.slingbox.com/
ROBJETS Icon : (31 March 2015 - 06:15 PM) I like Directv better but ine thing Dishnetwork has is an integrated slinbox into the Genie so it is far better receiver than Directv`s
ROBJETS Icon : (31 March 2015 - 06:18 PM) With a slingbox you can just login to Slingbox and you can watch every single channel you have at home with the same guide and remote. A Slingbox basically makes it as if you have a receiver anywhere in the world you have internet access. So you get every single channel that you get at home with all the functions. setting recordings, watch recorded shows,etc.
ROBJETS Icon : (31 March 2015 - 06:27 PM) Its not the same thing as Directv ans cable companies giving you access to certain channels by logging in our going to websites by logging in. You literally get every single channel from home anywhere as long as you have wifi or wired net. My cousin has a Slingbox hooked to his Directv receiver. Actually I mean hopper.....duhhhh Directv has the Genie. The Hopper has the integrated Slingbox...and thats hats the one cool thing about the Hopper not having to shell out the extra cash for a seaparate slingbox since its integrated with the Hopper
ROBJETS Icon : (31 March 2015 - 06:28 PM) Slingboxes are nice just not cheap
Mr_Jet Icon : (31 March 2015 - 08:50 PM) :thud:
azjetfan Icon : (31 March 2015 - 09:08 PM) I did away with paying over a hundred bucks a month. My DTV bill was crazy and even after I lowered my package to the minimum I was still paying way too much for something we really didn't use much
azjetfan Icon : (31 March 2015 - 09:09 PM) i do NetFlix and Sling TV.
azjetfan Icon : (31 March 2015 - 09:09 PM) i was doing Hulu too but cancelled it
azjetfan Icon : (31 March 2015 - 09:10 PM) I have $30 a month into my tv now. Locals with an HD antenna
santana Icon : (31 March 2015 - 11:46 PM) Word Hd antenna is real nice when you live close to a city. Here in nola everything comes in crisp and clear for a $6 antenna
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 AM) Now I just need to find a reliable stream for the Jets games.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:56 PM) ridley visiting the jets
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:57 PM) New York Jets Re-Hire Terry Bradway
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:58 PM) http://www.ganggreen...e-terry-bradway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) I see a lot of mocks giving us shane ray. anyone think its a good pick?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) aprils fools yo ;)
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:20 PM) Well this is definitely not an April Fools Joke....Kyle Wilson is on the Saints....REJOICE!!!!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:31 PM) lol we knew he wasn't coming back. he isn't as bad as people here think, but i feel like skrine is an upgrade at nickel
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) @RichCimini: Jets address 2 of their thinnest positions, signing ex-Packer LB Jamari Lattimore and re-signing OT Ben Ijalana. #nyj http://t.co/6haNlgLM9E
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:38 PM) Skrine is a big upgrade over Wilson
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Need Quick Help Cadillac is hurt

#1 User is offline   tallman6ft10 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

I have the following:

QB Culpepper (bye) and Griese
Play 1
I know I need help here. This is my weakest position.

RB Dillion, Barber (bye), C. Williams, and C. Brown
Play 2
I have Barber on a bye this week and C. Williams is hurt for I don't know how long. Do you think C. Brown is an ok start with Dillion? I would like to pick up Pittman but then I would have Dillion, C. Williams, and Pittman all on a bye on week 7. The reason I picked up C. Brown was for week 7. Should I just stay put and start C. Brown this week and week 7 and hope C. Williams comes back quick? I think hamsprings are usually about four weeks right? With a bye in there perhaps he will only be out of my line up for three weeks and I could probably cover with what I have? If not, here is a list of the rest of my roster. Who do I drop for Pittman? Or should I try to trade to upgrade QB and get a RB with a different bye week? I am not good at trading. I've never done it. I usually just look at the waiver wire. What should I look for in trading? Give an example of what you think I could get with my line up.

WR D. Jackson, K. McCardell, T. Glenn, D. Driver
Play 2

TE Heap, C. Anderson (bye)
Play 1

Only have 1 kicker and 1 def.

#2 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (tallman6ft10 @ Oct 4 2005, 08:50 PM)
I have the following:

QB Culpepper (bye) and Griese
Play 1
I know I need help here.  This is my weakest position. 

RB Dillion, Barber (bye), C. Williams, and C. Brown
Play 2
I have Barber on a bye this week and C. Williams is hurt for I don't know how long.  Do you think C. Brown is an ok start with Dillion?  I would like to pick up Pittman but then I would have Dillion, C. Williams, and Pittman all on a bye on week 7.  The reason I picked up C. Brown was for week 7.  Should I just stay put and start C. Brown this week and week 7 and hope C. Williams comes back quick? I think hamsprings are usually about four weeks right?  With a bye in there perhaps he will only be out of my line up for three weeks and I could probably cover with what I have?  If not, here is a list of the rest of my roster.  Who do I drop for Pittman?  Or should I try to trade to upgrade QB and get a RB with a different bye week?  I am not good at trading.  I've never done it.  I usually just look at the waiver wire.  What should I look for in trading?  Give an example of what you think I could get with my line up. 

WR D. Jackson, K. McCardell, T. Glenn, D. Driver
Play 2

TE Heap, C. Anderson (bye)
Play 1

Only have 1 kicker and 1 def.

Chris Brown is actually a pretty good start this week. He is the only RB that Tenn can trust to carry the ball with Henry out, and at Hou (even though it is a road game) is a good match up. Tennesse could jump on them quick and Brown might get a lot of carries running time off the clock, so stick with that.

I know Culpepper is disappointing right now, but with Moore in the backfield they have an actual threat and they are working on fixing the offense, so it is hard to count him out. Eventually he will break back out, and he is just one of those guys you have to ride through the bad times with. Unless you can get an elite receiver or #2 RB in exchange, and can then pick up a QB in FA, don't do it.

Williams should be back sooner than latter. He is young and tough, so I don't see him missing any time after the bye.

Hope that helps some.

#3 User is offline   tallman6ft10 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:56 AM

Thanks a1elbow (how'd you get that name?). Your post was very helpful.

Just so you know though, I wasn't ready to give up on Culpepper. What I was thinking was maybe packaging Griese and Dillion for a good QB and an average RB. This would be because of the need for a QB and because of the week 7 bye week problem with Dillon and Williams out the same week.

Maybe I should I just play C. Brown on week 7 and forget about it?

Here is what is out there.

I don't think these guys will trade since their #2 QB stinks.
McNabb/ Orton Need RBs
Roethlisberger/ Losman RBs ok (mine are better)
Bulger/ Pennington?? RBs ok
P. Manning/ Carr Need RBs
Collins/ Brooks RBs good (better than mine)

Possibility for trade
Brady/ Bledsoe RBs W. Parker/ T.J. Duckett/ Portis (don't know if I want those RBs might have to offer less than Dillion)
Brees/ McNair/ R.Johnson/ P. Holmes/ F. Taylor (what do you think here?)
C. Palmer/ T. Green/ Dunn/ McAllister/ Crockett (I don't think he will part with Palmer and the only problem with Green is that then I end up with two good cold QBs)
E. Manning/ M. Vick/ B. Leftwich/ JJ. Arrington/ L. Suggs/ L. Johnson/ W. McGahee (how does Manning/ McGahee for Griese/ Dillon sound?)
Hasselbeck/ Plummer/ Westbrook/ Staley/ M. Moore (is Hasselbeck all that much better than what I have?)
B. Favre/ J. Delhomme/ G. Frerotte/ Tomlinson/ James/ Barlow His RBs are better than mine. Forget that.

For example-- if I did the E. Manning trade, I would have E. Manning, Culpepper, T. Barber, C. Brown, C. Williams, and W. McGahee. Does that improve my team for Griese/ Culpepper, Barber, Brown, Williams, and Dillion?

#4 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:33 AM

Right now, Manning/McGahee are both better than Griese/Dillion. Dillion hasn't done much this year and Manning is leading the highest scoring team in the league, so that one is out.

I would suggest staying pat at back up QB and waiting to see what creeps up on the FA market. Griese has hit some long TDs so far and if you get decent bonuses for TD length is a decent backup.

If you really want to upgrade, I would suggest trying for McNair/Taylor or Green/Dunn. Manning and McGahee are both performing better than your two guys. I don't think Hasselback, Vick, Delhomme, or Leftwich are significant upgrades to Griese...or at least not enough to warrant downgrading from Dillion to whatever you would get inexchange.

I don't know what your record is and the quality of the team you are playing is, but I would say hold onto those guys unless you get a really good deal. Green/Dunn could be a possibility and I actual really like it . Dunn is a stud who has been great so far (but usually misses a couple games) and Green isn't the type of fantasy QB to be in a slump for more than a week or two, tops.

The other choices there I just see as being hard for you to pull off, but offer the trades that work out best for you and see what happens. You never know.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users