NYJetsFan.com Forums: Trading Moss Was The Biggest Mistake - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM) Who knows though
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Trading Moss Was The Biggest Mistake

#1 User is offline   Independista Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

This man is agruebly the best WR in the NFL, he leads the NFL in recieving yards, is a fantastic returner, and is accually productive.

Coles doesn't even lead the team in yards, McCarien does.

Bad Bradway, bad.

#2 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

lol best WR in the league?

IPB Image

#3 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

Please someone close this topic PLEASE we had *beep*en 100 topics like this and its getting on every TRUE Jets fans last pain of a ass...
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:47 PM

No...misusing Moss was the biggest mistake...
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   TBrady Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

He is far from the best WR in the league.

He is having a great year in Washington I will give him that, maybe a combination of Hacketts conservative, run first, second, and third Offense and the fact that he didn't want to get hurt so ran out of bounds on every punt return, along with having fragile hamstrings and aligator arms on passes he should have caught hurt his performance for us last year, but he fits in well with Washington, Ramsey wouldn't get it done with them, Brunnell is doing a much better job, can get him the deep ball better than Chad could here.

But the guy has cronically bad hammys, that will follow him through his career,. he has learned to play with that, treat them and keep them loose, but I still stick with my prediction that he will yet have another hamstring injury.

Until then, he has been a much better player for them than Coles.

I give Coles here a pass though, with our QB problems, our Offense is struggling, of course Coles production is also going to be down as well.

#6 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:53 PM

just aother one of the great moves by our team yahoo.gif

#7 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Oct 23 2005, 07:22 PM)
No...misusing Moss was the biggest mistake...

I'm not even going to comment on you... just highlighted to show the world what you just said and did not say a coupe of months ago when we got Coles

PLEASE SHUT THIS WASTE OF TIME TOPIC OF THIS IS THE 20th Topic i'm getting sick of this oready for god sakes man he is not a jet *beep*.... Coles is better than Moss with a good QB bottom line
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#8 User is offline   TowsonJetFan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:07 PM

Right now Santana is playing great, but the fact was for a 1st round draft pick in 4 yrs with the JETS he was misused... and when we did use him he dropped big balls, played half heartedly and was always injured. Ever since the 01 hammy he was always hurt.

On Lamont Jordan I am happy for him. Even if the JETS payed him 10 mil a year he was going to leave because he wanted to START! Also remember LJ and the Raiders are (2-4) same as us

#9 User is offline   TBrady Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Patriotkillas @ Oct 23 2005, 08:28 PM)
just aother one of the great moves by our team yahoo.gif

Would things be any different for us this year if we had Moss instead of Coles?

We would be in the same situation.

I don't blame any of the moves Bradway has done so far, he got us Kendell, Law, Fiedler, Blaylock, Barrett, Barton, McCarrens, some moves better than others, but none were bad moves in my opinion.

Nobody complained about the trade for Coles before, now it is a big issue? I think Coles is still a better all around WR, he is just on an Offense that has serious problems right now.

#10 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&amp;B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Independista @ Oct 23 2005, 07:08 PM)
This man is agruebly the best WR in the NFL, he leads the NFL in recieving yards, is a fantastic returner, and is accually productive.

Coles doesn't even lead the team in yards, McCarien does.
Bad Bradway, bad.

I made the topic when the Redskins took the 49ers through the mud! blowup.gif

But on topic, Amen. Trading him was a bonehead move.

That's like trading Ben Rothleisberger for Joey Harrington.

#11 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

If Santana was in NY...and Coles was in Washington

Coles would have Moss' numbers and Moss would have Coles' numbers...and we'd be complaining about not maing the trade....

Do you guys honestly think that if we had Santana right now and not coles we'd have a different record, or Chad wouldn't be hurt, or Brooks would still be in...please tlel me

Look at the QBs
Washington-Healthy
NewYork...Injured...Injured...Not develpoped...Old

I mean f we still had Santana...nothing would be different aside from the Speacial teams

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Vilma#51 @ Oct 23 2005, 07:40 PM)
I'm not even going to comment on you... just highlighted to show the world what you just said and did not say a coupe of months ago when we got Coles
PLEASE SHUT THIS WASTE OF TIME TOPIC OF THIS IS THE 20th Topic i'm getting sick of this oready for god sakes man he is not a jet *beep*.... Coles is better than Moss with a good QB bottom line

Who the *beep* are you? Did I say once in there that we shouldn't have gotten Coles you presumptious little *beep*! Don't jump to accuse people so easily when you don't even take the time to read my post!

Now, take a second...sit your ass down...and listen!

The topic was entitled, "Trading Moss was the biggest mistake"

And I replied, "No, misuing Moss was the biggest mistake!"

Key word there was no...as in trading Moss was not a mistake...I think getting Coles was better for our system. We don't have a strong armed QB, which is what Moss needs. Now I like Moss a lot. But I know for our QB and our system Coles is better. That doesn't mean I didn't wish we used Moss to his strengths while he was here...instead of trying to turn him into something he's not.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:51 PM

it was the ONLY, i repeat ONLY move with the situation we were in. how come everyone on here is saying how dumb the move was and how the FO shouldnt have done it, when there wasnt one person on here against it when it happened. the fact is that it was the best move in that situation and moss has a healthy quarterback who isnt 90 years old. who knows how coles could be doing if he had chad throwing to him. stop all this nonsense, stop blaming the FO when there was no way they could see into the future and have some faith.

#14 User is offline   Independista Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:46 PM

Yeh so I guess when Moss ends up leading the NFL in recieving yards, he still won't be consider "elite".

Moss was our most explosive offensive player, hell, if Moss was on this team, Vinny still has a good arm, much better than Chad, he just needs to bomb it to Moss any time, even with no pass blocking, Moss is impossible to cover, the guy is a speed demon and is extremely atheletic.

Moss is yonger, faster, more atheletic, and is already on the elite level.

Coles has been a disappointment, even when Chad was QB, Coles never played like a #1 WR.

We *beep*ed up, we need to face reality.

#15 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

thats bullshit and you know it. you have no way of knowing how coles would be doing if we had a healthy quarterback. and i see you forgot that fact that moss shyed away from contact and all 185 pounds of him constantly got *beep*ed while he was out there. some guys just click on other teams. to say that we'd be doing good with the equivalent of a 4th string QB and moss on this team is just dumb.

#16 User is offline   J-ViLle Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:JETS!!!!METS!!!KNICKS!!!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

nice when i said it wa sone of the worst trades in jets history from big and coles is shit just wants $$$ 99% of u disagreed!!! only thing stoping moss from doing wat hes doing now was chad and hacket he was great all along.. i miss him =(
SanTana We MisS U!!!!
Herm u Wil Be Missed!!!
IPB Image

OUR FUTURE!!!!!
IPB Image . . WaTcH HiM RUN!!!

#17 User is offline   TBrady Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

Posts like this are typical when your team is struggling and a player you had is flourishing somehwere else.

I don't recall one post complaing about trading Moss for Coles when it happened, not one, Coles is a tougher, solid WR who goes up for the ball and can out muscle a Defenser to come down with it, he has speed to get deep and is willing to go over the middle, is Moss?

Moss is florishing in Washington right now, can he keep it up for the full season without pulling a hammy? we will see.

One thing I remember from last time Coles ws here and Vinny was our QB, he and Coles did not have a chemistry, seemed Coles was invisible out there, then Chad came in and he was hitting Coles all day, did Coles suddenly start getting open? or was Vinny just not throwing it to him?

This season is basically a bust, we have a makeshift O line, Vinny does not have solid protection, our starting RB is playing with an injury, I do not expect much this year, I have hopes but I know reality too.

Hopefully next year we can get our Offense back on track, and with a solid QB I am sure Coles will flourish under Dinger's Offense.

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:25 PM

ok this has to get closed.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:37 PM

I reopened this topic. Should of never been closed.You all know my view on this trade. Coles should of never left. we traded a jet for another Jet. Bradway sat on his ass and made no moves to Coles. he waited til Snyder made a ridiculous offer and said there's no way the Jets would of matched that offer. I wouldn't match it either. Coles could of stayed for less. He madea business descision. Bradway had first right to negotiate but didn't. That's how we lost Coles. He's no keyshawn. Moss is having a good year because of the QB and the system around him. He would of never got that chance with us this year. Coles is the better WR. But that's not the issue. The issue is with the trade. Brininging Coles proves me and jetfannobagoverhead right. Remember him. Instead we ended up withConway which cost an extra 2 wins in that season. You don't trade for a player you drafted with another. I don't the gains in this trade. Trading Jordan for Pippen after they played with each other for years wouldn't sound right to a lot of people. I know Moss and coles are far from those guys. Just trying to prove a point. Keep the topic open. This is good talk.

#20 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Oct 23 2005, 08:25 PM)
Who the *beep* are you?  Did I say once in there that we shouldn't have gotten Coles you presumptious little *beep*!  Don't jump to accuse people so easily when you don't even take the time to read my post!

Now, take a second...sit your ass down...and listen!

The topic was entitled, "Trading Moss was the biggest mistake"

And I replied, "No, misuing Moss was the biggest mistake!"

Key word there was no...as in trading Moss was not a mistake...I think getting Coles was better for our system.  We don't have a strong armed QB, which is what Moss needs.  Now I like Moss a lot.  But I know for our QB and our system Coles is better.  That doesn't mean I didn't wish we used Moss to his strengths while he was here...instead of trying to turn him into something he's not.

Kid don't you have School tommrow??? go to bed for real your making me piss my pants dude lmao hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
</embed>

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users