NYJetsFan.com Forums: Israel/palestine - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Israel/palestine

#1 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:33 PM

i think this thread might potentially get a little more personal to some people than the iraq thing, so we have to avoid it...with that said...........

i am against what is happening in israel (i will elaborate) and i am against the US's relationship with israel.

the palestinians are in a state of persecution right now in israel. the situation has gotten better in the past months, but it is no where near where it should be.

this all goes back to when britain decided to play foster mother with the zionists and send them to a place that was already being lived in by the palestinians. the palestinians persecuted the jews, and the situation was basically the same as it is today, but flip flopped. granted, the jews suffered, and they have the right to some retribution, but it needs to end. the israelis need to recognize that they were in this same position a half a century ago, and they fought very hard to get out of it. they need to see that they are doing the same thing to the palestinians, that happened to them in the past.

suicide bombing and any bombings in general have no place in the world, and nothing justifies them, but they can be stopped very easily by the israelis. if the israelis give the palestinians their own, completely independant state, then the palestinians wont think that they have fight for their freedom.

the suicide bombings come out of the hopelessness that they grew up in, and the fact that their neighborhoods are getting raided day in and day out. sometimes the targets are genuinly guilty people, but most of the time they arent. even if the israeli army knows exactly where the target is, a missile from a gunship isnt going to just hit that man and nothing else. innocent peoples houses and lives are being ruined and ended. the suicide bombers are very misguided people and they are going about their business in a very wrong way, but their goal is to free their people and when they are givent heir own state, then there is no reason for them to do it, and they WON'T continue to do it.

onto the israeli-american gov't connection. i have heard countless people tell me that our relationship with israel stems from us helping them and them helping us. can someone please tell me what they are doing for us. they arent doing any kind of peacekeeping in the region, they dont have oil, they dont help us any other way economically or technilogically. we support them because of some israel supporters in some high places in this govt. we give millions, probably more like billions of dollars worth of money and weapons and technology to a country the size of jersey that doesnt give anything back to us. there is no reason this should be going on. in essence, we are the ones bombing and attacking the palestinians, because with out our aid, there wouldnt be an israeli army. there would be that tank or that helicopter that just blew up that house (speaking generally.)

there it is, lets hear it people

#2 User is offline   Jetme23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:43 PM

In both the old testement and new testement Israel Belongs to jews. Point settled.

#3 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

lets try not to bring religion into this, even though it is going to be almost impossible to avoid it. i didnt do it in my first post, but i am even going to refer to is at the israelis and the palestinians instead of jews and muslims. that is why i said this topic will get personal. and as i recall, the israelites dispersed through out europe on their own. the population changed, and the zionists being put into the country was artificial, not a gradual, willing, natural movement of people.

#4 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:19 AM

if the israelis give the palestinians their own, completely independant state, then the palestinians wont think that they have fight for their freedom.

this is the only thing i dont agree with. the UN allocated 8500 square miles to create israel. there is no way that you can cut another piece out of that tiny nation. there are parts of israel that both sides claim to be theirs. they both need to wake up and realize that it doesn't belong to either of them. pretty much i think they should learn to live together. considering both their histories its going to be a tough thing to do. from the israeli side they have been attacked from all sides 4 times in the past 55 years. from the palestinian side the UN set up a nation that couldn't or wouldn't (it's debatable) let them live there equally for the past 55 years.

the bottom line is that i dont think a seperate palestinian state that is within the current border of israel would work. both sides claim ownership of the same parts of that country. they need to learn how to share. like rodney king said. cant we all just get along?

drinks.gif

oh yeah. muslims dont drink. hysterical.gif i dont either so i'm more like a muslim in that regard.

#5 User is offline   Jetme23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:09 AM

Look if the UN cant settle these claims, what makes you think we can?

#6 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:48 AM

is it a problem to debate stuff. can u make a trade for moving up into the first round and get carlos rogers? no. but you still talk about it........and of course, a united country would be the best case scenario, but that is NEVER going to happen. sharon was almost forced out for pulling out of the settlements. the rest of the israeli gov't simply won let it happen. surprisingly, i dont think there would be any resistance from the palestinian side because they will realize that beggers cant be chosers, even though they shouldnt be beggers in the first place.

#7 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:02 AM

Co existance between the two is the only way. But that's highly unlikely. This fued has been going for centuries. Clinton, Bush, Carter never succeeded in bringing peace. Noone will. You heard of the saying Never say Never. Well i'm saying never.

#8 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

Well, if the US would stop propping up Israel, there would be a Palestinian state pretty quick. Israel is like a mini-US economically. But they spend a lot per, per-capita, on military spending. It isn't a country that has a lot of money on their own. A huge amount of it is from America, and it is a shame on many levels.

The only reason we do it is because the Israelis are more like us than the Arab countries, and we feel like we need a reliable ally in the region. Basically, we are taking advantage of years of conflict between the Jews and the Muslims. Of course, our support of Israel on nearly every issue is one of the main reasons there is so many bad feelings towards America in many Arab countries.

And as Ellis said, there is plenty of blame for both sides. The main Palestinian/Israel conflict isn't that old, but the three largest Monotheistic religons have a long history of conflict. Just because for a while one side in this conflict was the oppressor doesn't mean that it is acceptable for the other now that it is more powerful.

America needs to pull it's money out of Israel, and I bet they change their minds about giving the Palestinians land expediently.

And I wanted to add that one of the reasons that America hasn't managed to bring peace is because we are always arguing from the Israeli side. It is hard to negotiate with someone who is supposed to be the neutral moderator when they are as invested in the other side as America is.

#9 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:14 PM

you hit every point...i guess it is silly to hope for a total stop to this. it has been going on for thousands of years, so there is no reason it is going to stop in our life time. hopefully we will enter a little period of calm though, after all thats happened lately.

#10 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:31 PM

I dunno about Isreal. I have to say I'm not at all keen on the goings and comings of that area.

I will say that inspite of all US relations to Isreal, this was initially a UN solution, and it has now become a UN problem.

Alot of people think the UN is a great thing and that it does alot of good. IMO I think it is the UN responsibility to fix this problem. Let it prove its worth with Isreal.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#11 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:51 AM

i dont have any money invested in anything let alone israel but i still care what happens to the jews and palistinians. we shouldn't just let the palistinaians come in and destroy israel. it will be the diaspora all over again. i think its selfish that the jews want israel all to itself but the palistinians are guilty of this also. why do you think the jews excluded them in the first place? lemme guess because they are greedy? i've heard that one before.

they are both from that land and they both need to realize that it doesn't belong to either of them. they need to learn to share it. you shouldn't favor one side over the other. they should both learn to live there together. it's just like the civil rights movement in the usa. you need to make baby steps for generations and generations. as you look back you will realize that you have come a long way. these baby steps have already begun in israel and they need to continue.

#12 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:08 AM

what does everyone think of tel aviv being recognized as the capital of israel? i dont know if anyone has even noticed, but since israel was created, they just made it the captial, even when jerusalem has not only historically been the capital when ANY of the big three controlled the area, but it was the palestinian capital before the creation of israel. i may be wrong, but im pretty sure that jerusalem is still an international, neutral zone controlled by the UN. if this is still the case, then why not make it the capital, especially with its history. this is also another point that angers the people in that region. the jews ("israelis" doesnt apply here) have no more right to the area than anyone else, so what gives them the right to "israelize"(i think i just invented a new term) the area, when the capital has historically been jerusalem, besides the fact that they have a never ending military shopping spree with US dollars.

depending on who you ask, the capital may be either, but i am calling it the recognized capital, using any kind of atlas or encyclopedia made after the formation of israel as a reference.

and loco.....you say the palestinians are destroying israel, whih they are, but the israelis are doing just as much destruction. you hear about every single bombing in the newspaper, online, and on tv, when the target is an israeli. how often do we hear about the military going in and killing people, and when we do hear about it, is there anywhere near as much press on it. i can also tell you that the targets as, a lot of the time, not the people they were looking for, but innocent civilians. i will have to dig up the casualty figures for both sides, but they are a lot different than any of our media outlets will lead you to believe.

and i once saw an interview on CNN (i think) with benjamin netanyahu where he was asked about the "circle of violence" i just talked about, and where he denied there was any thing of the sorts. he said that the palestianians attacked and everything after that was justified, no matter what happened. i would have punched that guy so hard in the face at the time, if i had the chance. a problem for the palestinians in this country's media is that while the israelis have some harvard educated, neatly dresses man being interviews, the palestinians have either arafat(had) with his head thing and the traditional clothes, or the most radical guy they could find on the streets, screaming about how he hates american. if anyone wants to witness this, simply tune into FOX dry.gif

edit: found something, but i will be looking for more to corroborate these numbers:

"....During the past two years, more than 700 Israelis have been killed, with more than 4,000 wounded (the corresponding figures for Palestinians is about 1,800 killed and more than 20,000 wounded)...." (this is dated more than two years ago)

here is the link if you want to check it out for yourselves
http://tim.2wgroup.c...ves/000031.html

#13 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:43 AM

http://users.erols.c...tat4.htm#Israel

this is another site that only shows cross-ethnic killings (a palestinian killing an israeli and vice versa) im putting these kind of numbers in after seeing countless sites try to discredit the casualty tolls by saying that palestinians killed by palestinian bombs and the suicide bombers killing themselves were being counted in the numbers.

Palestinians: 3650
Israelis: 1142
TOTAL: 4792

more than three times more palestinians have been killed by israelis, but we definitly dont here 3 times more news reports about palestinians being killed.

#14 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:25 AM

dude. i know how the palistinians are getting killed. the palestinians are killing back. in the past two years? the death toll has been up the past few years because of the israeli occupation. they did this because they kept getting bombed. 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973. ring any bells? after 1973 i guess the palistinians gave up on aggressive war and just resorted to blowing up civilians. four times the israelis have been attacked. this isn't a good way to try and live together. its a good way to kill all the jews though. they were attacked in 1948 before the israelis even had time to write a law that was unfair to the palestinians. how can the israelis negotiate with the arabs when since 1948 the arabs have denied that israel even exists? thats why bush refused to talk with arafat. we all know the bloody history and it is all cemantics to me. they are worse than the bloods and crypts.

how i feel that you are not hearing me is because i talk to you about how they need to learn how to get along and you start talking about how the capital isn't actually tel aviv. i'm a christian. i know the capital of israel isn't tel aviv. if it were up to me the capital would be jeruselem. do i want to blow a jew up over it? no. with that tel aviv thing your pretty much telling me that they are too different and can never get along and its ok for them to keep killing eachother till we all fly off into space.

there is this thing called comprimise and until BOTH sides learn to do it there will be bloodshed. if you aren't willing to comprimise you shouldn't complain about bloodshed. if your down for just one side then i pity you. like i said before. that land doesn't belong to either of them. they need to learn how to share it.

america went from enslaving blacks to how it is today. some of my black friends admit that its gotten alot better. hysterical.gif the point is that if america and african americans can learn to get along then anyone can.

#15 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

you are misinterpreting what i am trying to say. the jerusalem thing is a compromise. all the major religions recognize jerusalem, but when israel was created, they made their own capital to be seperate. i was addressing the compromise you talked about in your posts. a show of good faith would be to return the capital to jerusalem. and if they did it, i guarentee there wouldnt be any kind of resistance from the israeli people.

and i think you are misinformed on a few points biggrin.gif ....

the other numbers i have are any kind of israeli/palestinian conflict. i wasnt trying to get numbers that were only in the past two years to make the numbers seem any different than they are. the ratio stays true during the whole conflict, which leads me to my next point.......

the death toll has been up the past few years because of the israeli occupation. they did this because they kept getting bombed. 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973. ring any bells? after 1973 i guess the palistinians gave up on aggressive war and just resorted to blowing up civilians.

you cannot possibly think that the palestinian people, in capacity as they are today, started a war with israel. like i said before, jerusalem and that area is a touchy subject for a lot of people. when the zionists were put into the land, and when israel was created, other countries in the area flipped out. egypt, syria, and jordan all fought wars seperately and in different combinations against israel. those wars you talk about werent fought by the palestinian people. and the reason the palestinian bombers feel like they have to resort to bombs like that is because there was a point when the US funding gave israel so much, that they can devote a whole army to attacking and controlling the palestinians.

some people might disagree with me, but i believe there truly is a war going on. it is tragic that civilians are being targeted, but CIVILIANS ARE BEING TARGETED ON BOTH SIDES. the point i was trying to make about the numbers is that to realize the situation fully, i think you have to first get past the media illusion that all the killings are from the palestinian side. then once you know that the israelis are killing too, you have to realize that the israelis are killing huge amounts of civilian, non-combatants. they just do it under the cover of searching for "terrorists"

the label of terrorist is placed on the palestinians and the label of a civil, fair, just defending themselves army is has been placed on the israelis and THEY ARENT. they are killing in cold blood just like the palestinians. there might be legitimate searches, but they almost always end in civilian killing ( i dont consider bombers or their conspirators to be civilians) when i was getting those numbers, i found this:

http://domino.un.org...fb?OpenDocument

"....violent actions by the Israeli armed forces and armed Israeli settlers have brought the casualty toll since the beginning of the intifadah to 611 Palestinians dead, of whom at least 118 were children under 15...." (this was 1989, so you cant say that the only casualty tolls that show palestinians dying are from the past two years.)
and dont try to tell me that the 15 year olds are the ones doing the bombings, because throwing rocks is about all they can do.

i just want people to realize this double standard. any killing of palestinian citizens is justified because it is defending themselves, but when an israeli citizen is killed, Oh!, its the terrorists again.

i am not against them living together, i am just bringing up points that i think need to be addressed. of course in a perfect world, they would live together, hold hands, and sing kumbaya. it is nice to think that something like what happened with black rights can happen there, but there are very big variables. the north was against slavery and they were for living together to a degree. neither one of the sides are for living together right now. (contradicts one of my posts. i changed my mind now that i think about it) prominent figures whose voice mattered to people were preaching about the importance of living together and they had an affect over people. how many do you see today. i saw two. now that arafat died, i only see sharon. there are many more important differences but this post is loo long as it is (sorry about that) if you want me to elaborate, just let me know.

#16 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:28 PM

you cant return the capital to jeruselem. it is neutral and is controlled by the UN. the zionists made tel aviv the capital because the UN made jeruselem neutral. not to piss off the palestinians.

you cannot possibly think that the palestinian people, in capacity as they are today, started a war with israel.

yes i can. do you think that israel oppresses palistinians because its fun for them? in 1929 the palistinians started the killing the zionists. i know that egypt, jordan and syria were the countries that were attacking israel but i dont think that the palistinians were opposing the invasions. western history books say that the palistinians started killing the zionists in 1929 but, for the sake of peace in the middle east, lets say that they both started killing eachother. the israelis oppress the palestinians because zionists have been getting attacked by them for the past 75 years. i know about the killings on both sides. your preaching to the choir when you tell me about the killings on both sides. both sides need to figure a way to difuse the situation.

both sides are guilty and both sides need to learn to get along. i'm not happy that arafat is dead but he was a dinosaur when it came to arab policy towards zionists. now that he is gone there has been more positive strides towards equality in the region. for the longest time, arab nations didn't even recognize israel as a soverign state and used every type of warfare to destroy it. ie economic, military, subterfuge etc. i wouldn't be surprised if they still dont recognize israel. do they? arab leaders that dealt with israel, in a civil way, were assasinated by thugs like arafat. you have to admit that people like arafat fostered and perpetuated the policy of destroying israel. how can you expect people to negotiate with that? the point is that arafat is dead and there needs to be moderates, on both sides, that are willing to sow a never before seen peace in israel. there have been positive strides rescently with the withdrawl of troops but there is still a long way to go.

#17 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:40 PM

ok, but one thing....

i know that egypt, jordan and syria were the countries that were attacking israel but i dont think that the palistinians were opposing the invasions

of course the palestinians would support them, because they went from controlling the land to having a small area in the north and an even smaller strip to the west. anyone in that situation would support the countries trying to defend them, even if it led to decades of stepped up conflict.

there is a HUGE difference from supporting the invasions and participating in them or being the ones doing all the invading like you said

#18 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

your right that there is a difference. it is pretty much arabs against the israelis. palistinians are on the arab side. it is a technicallity that the palistinians, as a nation, have never raised an army that has attacked israel. does this mean that they havn't attacked israel? i think no.

#19 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:27 PM

it isnt like the palestinians have a joystick and can control all the other arab nations. they didnt make them or tell them to invade israel and if you think the palestinians were the masterminds behind these wars, then youve been misinformed. just because two countries have the same ethnic population, doesnt make them connected at the hip and in control of each other. they have attacked israel, but not during the wars you named. they have attacked them with a type of urban guerilla warfare

#20 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

if you think the palestinians were the masterminds behind these wars, then youve been misinformed.

i never said anything like this.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users