NYJetsFan.com Forums: Chrebet Calls It A Career - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) no FG
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) that was a fumble recovered by KC in the endzone ... TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) FIRE IDZIK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) TY KC
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) THAT IS A BIG ASS FB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) if shit had gone our way we'd be 3-1 right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) what a bummer
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) :ranting3:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) INT TD KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chrebet Calls It A Career He ends his career with 580 receptions

#21 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:02 PM

Wayne Chrebet was the face of the Jets. He represented the underdog franchise that we are. He is number 2 all time Jet in receiving. His jersey sales lead the league one year, I think it was the Monday Night Miracle year when he was called "flash light".

Wayne's morale and selflessness and not to mention I believe he is the NFL leader in 3rd down receptions that went for 1st downs, correct me if I'm wrong on that, so that's worth something to me.

He's adored by every Jet fan. If someone else is wearing #80 then it's a crime. We need to start up a petition and support Wayne on this one. If we can get a petition going between all the Jets sites for those that want Wayne's jersey number retired I think we could get a hearing ear once we get the media involved... and that's real easy all you have to do is email a link to Rich Camini. Bamn!

What do you guys say?

#22 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 22 2005, 03:35 PM)
Chrebet doesn't deserve his number retired. He was a good player who overachieved his whole career but just because he was a little white wide receiver who the fans loved doesn't mean his number should be retired. He had a nice career and will go down as one of the fans' favorite Jets of all time but you don't retire pretty good player's jersey you retired the great ones.

What is wrong with you & OhFive?

Chrebet ABSOLUTELY deserves to have his number retired. He was without a doubt in my mind, THE greatest 3rd down receiver to play the game. I wouldn't doubt if his number is retired vs Buffalo week 17. If there's an announcement that it will be, I WILL be there. I don't give a damn if we lose that game 100 - 0. I'd be there to see that man honored.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#23 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Dec 22 2005, 04:37 PM)
He's adored by every Jet fan. If someone else is wearing #80 then it's a crime. We need to start up a petition and support Wayne on this one. If we can get a petition going between all the Jets sites for those that want Wayne's jersey number retired I think we could get a hearing ear once we get the media involved... and that's real easy all you have to do is email a link to Rich Camini. Bamn!

What do you guys say?

Count me in. In a heartbeat.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#24 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE NEGATIVITY FOR WAYNE CHREBET......ARGUING BECAUSE HE WAS A 'WHITE' OVER ACHEIVER?
WTF IS THAT ABOUT? DOES THAT MEAN IF HE WAS ANY OTHER RACE YOU WOULD WANT TO RETIRE HIS NUMBER?

UN FUCKIN BELIEVABLE.....

#25 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:26 PM

I understand why most Jet fans would want Chrebet's number retire I guess I'm just in the minority. I know he's got the sentimental value I just don't think he should have his jersey retired. That honor should be saved for the absolute best. He was an above average player at best. When the time comes Martin gets his retired, Chrebet I don't think he should.

#26 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Dec 22 2005, 04:56 PM)
I CANNOT BELIEVE THE NEGATIVITY FOR WAYNE CHREBET......ARGUING BECAUSE HE WAS A 'WHITE' OVER ACHEIVER?
WTF IS THAT ABOUT?  DOES THAT MEAN IF HE WAS ANY OTHER RACE YOU WOULD WANT TO RETIRE HIS NUMBER? 

UN FUCKIN BELIEVABLE.....

Oh please don't try to tell me fans don't identify with the little white guy playing Wr who no one thought would be in the NFL yet manages to have a long successful career.

#27 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

Bluehenn, people do not even know who the hell you are on this site. So if you were a "TRUE" Jets fan, then you would want Wayne Chrebet's number 80 jersey retired. You are probably black, and probably racist to white people, or something.

#28 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 22 2005, 05:04 PM)
Oh please don't try to tell me fans don't identify with the little white guy playing Wr who no one thought would be in the NFL yet manages to have a long successful career.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that he's white. It has to do with the fact that he's the longest tenured player on this team. It matters that he was a walk on that made it through 11 long years with a 12.7 YPC avg. It matters that he's the greatest 3rd down receiver to ever play the game. I don't give a sh*t what color his skin is.....all I know is that man BLED GREEN & WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are VERY few current NY Jets that I would say deserve to have their numbers retired. They would be the following:

Wayne Chrebet
Vinny Testaverde
Keving Mawae
Curtis Martin

As you can see....I've decided to list them in the order I believe the retiring to happen. FOUR Hall of Fame candidates = Four Jerseys retired.

#29 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (FlyHiJets @ Dec 22 2005, 10:17 PM)
It's got nothing to do with the fact that he's white. It has to do with the fact that he's the longest tenured player on this team. It matters that he was a walk on that made it through 11 long years with a 12.7 YPC avg. It matters that he's the greatest 3rd down receiver to ever play the game. I don't give a sh*t what color his skin is.....all I know is that man BLED GREEN & WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are VERY few current NY Jets that I would say deserve to have their numbers retired. They would be the following:

Wayne Chrebet
Vinny Testaverde
Keving Mawae
Curtis Martin

As you can see....I've decided to list them in the order I believe the retiring to happen. FOUR Hall of Fame candidates = Four Jerseys retired.

Definatly, those 4 should have their number retired, no matter what. If you think otherwise, then your a moron.

#30 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

Yeah your right I don't post 300 times a day I apologize, I don't care if you don't know me I can give my opinion just like you can give your's. I'm not trying to make it a race thing that was just a minor thing I dropped when describing Chrebet but if you want to make it an issue I'll expand on that.

The guy was an undersized, not the fastest guy, UNDRAFTED, so yea he overacheived. He wasn't suppose to make the NFL yet he did and had a nice career. And as for being white, how many Wr's are white, I think that has something to do with Wayne's popularity, disagree if you want but that's my opinion. Think about if a white Rb came into the league and was successful you don't think he'd be a big hit? Think about that white American sprinter from the Olympics, I forget his name, if he was another black guy I don't think he would have been nearly as popular. And by the way I'm white, wasn't trying to make it into a race thing but you can call me a black racist or whatever you think I was just calling it like I see it.

And you also want Testeverde to have his number retired? Give me a break, one or two good years don't justify that.

And like i said previously I understand why some Jet fans want it retired, I just don't agree, I think I have that right and can still be considered a Jet fan.

#31 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Dec 22 2005, 03:08 PM)
While Chrebet is was always reliable and always a solid player, he wasn't greatness.  Numbers should be retired only for players who were "greatness" like Curtis Martin.  If we start retiring numbers for sentimental reasons, it will mean nothing to the players who were truly great.

I agree, completely. Wayne was a fan favorite,classy,respected and had a big heart for the organization and the fans. Not to mention a sureshot reciever and hands of glue. Fairwell Wayne you'll live on in spirit.

Now that, thats out... I can say that nobody is thinking retiring a number. numbers don't get retired for a player winning a popularity contests they get retired for GREATNESS.

#32 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:59 PM

This is Waynes Goodbye Thread??

Dispicable.

Wayne, I loved ya, I remember your great catches, and I'll never forget you.

Guess its time to add Chrebet to my list of players I loved who aren't here any more.

-Mo Lewis
-Ray Mickens
-Wayne Chrebet
-Aaron Beasly

#33 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 22 2005, 10:26 PM)
Yeah your right I don't post 300 times a day I apologize, I don't care if you don't know me I can give my opinion just like you can give your's. I'm not trying to make it a race thing that was just a minor thing I dropped when describing Chrebet but if you want to make it an issue I'll expand on that.

The guy was an undersized, not the fastest guy, UNDRAFTED, so yea he overacheived. He wasn't suppose to make the NFL yet he did and had a nice career. And as for being white, how many Wr's are white, I think that has something to do with Wayne's popularity, disagree if you want but that's my opinion. Think about if a white Rb came into the league and was successful you don't think he'd be a big hit? Think about that white American sprinter from the Olympics, I forget his name, if he was another black guy I don't think he would have been nearly as popular. And by the way I'm white, wasn't trying to make it into a race thing but you can call me a black racist or whatever you think I was just calling it like I see it.

And you also want Testeverde to have his number retired? Give me a break, one or two good years don't justify that.

And like i said previously I understand why some Jet fans want it retired, I just don't agree, I think I have that right and can still be considered a Jet fan.

300 times a day? who are you bullshiting? I post 4 times a day, wow that is so! damn much.

Anyway, There actually is a couple white Wide Reveivers I can name:

Wayne Chrebet
Brandon Stokely
Ed Mccaffrey
Drew Bennett
Kevin Curtis
Ricky Proehl
Joe Jurevicius
Brian Finneran
Chris Doering

You don't get that he deserves that number retired more then anyone. He is one of the best receivers ever to wear a Jets jersey, and if that is not enough for you then your a moron.

#34 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (FlyHiJets @ Dec 22 2005, 05:17 PM)

Wayne Chrebet
Vinny Testaverde
Keving Mawae
Curtis Martin

I agree we should retire Mawae, Martin and Chrebets jersey. Testaverde doesn't deserve it, he did not accomplish enough here. Also Verde and Chrebet honestly have no shot at the Hall of Fame.

#35 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 22 2005, 05:26 PM)

Dude Testeverde and wayne or two diffent people don't compare wayne to VT its not right... VT gaves us SOME memorys to remember forever but Wayne gave us the Fans back and a reason to belive and love the Jets sooo much and he was GREAT he was the Greatest 3 down WR in the history of the NFL that counts for something
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#36 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Dec 22 2005, 05:41 PM)
300 times a day? who are you bullshiting? I post 4 times a day, wow that is so! damn much.

Anyway, There actually is a couple white Wide Reveivers I can name:

Wayne Chrebet
Brandon Stokely
Ed Mccaffrey
Drew Bennett
Kevin Curtis
Ricky Proehl
Joe Jurevicius
Brian Finneran
Chris Doering

You don't get that he deserves that number retired more then anyone. He is one of the best receivers ever to wear a Jets jersey, and if that is not enough for you then your a moron.

Yea look at those Wrs, not many out of how many guys in the league, and not really a star studded group. But enough with race I'm sorry I brought it up, bottomline is I don't think Chrebet should have his number retired. He had a good career but was not like others have said "greatness". I know its not a popular opinion among Jet fans, sorry.

#37 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 22 2005, 05:48 PM)
Yea look at those Wrs, not many out of how many guys in the league, and not really a star studded group. But enough with race I'm sorry I brought it up, bottomline is I don't think Chrebet should have his number retired. He had a good career but was not like others have said "greatness". I know its not a popular opinion among Jet fans, sorry.

Bizkit drop it because you know what some Fans are just real assholes wasting your breath
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#38 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:18 PM

I don't mind people debateing Chrebets talents or anything like that. But make that debate when were talking about HOF Ballots or in other things, one of not many positive things we can think about over the past 15 years has just retired, and all we can talk about is how he was ok and white??

#39 User is offline   NY F4 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:33 PM

Chrebet is a fan favorite because he is the ultimate underdog guy, and because he comes from Hofstra, coincidently where the Jets practice. He is the home-town hero that made the big-league's with everything against him. And how many times does that happen in the NFL? The only other hometown players that I can recall are Keith Brooking and Tyson Thompson. Perhaps Vinny although he didn't go to college here and have his career here.

#40 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:41 PM

I will always respect you as a player, a person, and a NEW YORK JET...THANK YOU WAYNE!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users