NYJetsFan.com Forums: Chrebet Calls It A Career - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Today, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chrebet Calls It A Career He ends his career with 580 receptions

#61 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:59 PM

I understand your love for Chrebet but don't compare him to Jeter

#62 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 23 2005, 03:34 AM)
I understand your love for Chrebet but don't compare him to Jeter

Was I? I was not comparing him to him not stat wise, I was comparing Wayne to Jeter on loyalty to his team.

#63 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

Oh ok I thought you were saying that Wayne was overall what Jeter was to the Yanks. I'll definately agree with the fan favorite and tenure/loyalty aspect.

#64 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• NO FAT CHICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

Hey this is a thread to remember the good times that Wayne gave us as JETS fans...this is a place to talk about the good things and the way Wayne made all of us UNDERDOGS know that no matter what anyone says or tells us that we can do it no matter what happens if you have the HEART, THE COURAGE, and LOYALTY.... beach.gif ENJOY RETIREMENT WAYNE YOU DESERVE IT
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#65 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

Jersey's are not retired based on stats...if they were, Namath's would NEVER have been retired.

Jersey's are retired besed on what that player did for the team...and Wayne was the identity of this team for 10 years. He is exactly what this team is about...the underdog getting respect. He earned his respect, it wasn't thrust upon him like a first round pick.

People are trying to make this a black or white thing. That is not the reason I know that anyone loves him. It's about the fact that he was an overacheiver, he was the underdog, he was the undrafted free agent that made a name for himself, and that he played his whole career for the hometown team.

I don't know if they'll ever retire his jersey. But I would hate to be the next guy running out of the tunnel wearing #80

#66 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:34 PM

Oh and Vinny won't get his number retired, though I would love to see it. He's my sentimental favorite...if you haven't guessed.

#67 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Dec 22 2005, 10:13 PM)
You know why you need a smack in the face for saying Wayne should not have his jersey retired. The thing you said, you need stats to be considered able to have your jersey number retired, then you would be saying that when Derek Jeter retires from the yankees, he shouldn't have his number 2 jersey retired, and if you really believe that, then you truely are a moron, I have said it over, and over again.

Wayne Chrebet is to Jets as Derek Jeter is to Yankees.

Point to where I said that stats should considered when you have your jersey retired. I never did. Never ever. All I said was that Wayne was not greatness and thats what the retired numbers should be reserved for. And yes when Derek Jeter retires he should have his number retired. Derek Jeter IS greatness. Also its much easier to retire numbers in baseball than it is in football.
Posted Image

#68 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Dec 23 2005, 04:45 AM)
Point to where I said that stats should considered when you have your jersey retired.  I never did.  Never ever.  All I said was that Wayne was not greatness and thats what the retired numbers should be reserved for.  And yes when Derek Jeter retires he should have his number retired.  Derek Jeter IS greatness.  Also its much easier to retire numbers in baseball than it is in football.

Incorrect, greatness is not what gets you a retired number, it's loyalty to the team that gets you your number retired. This guy did so many amazing thigs that a first rounder could never do, this guy was an undrafted white guy, who was too short to even make it, and look what he did. He has proved a lot of things to a lot of people in this world, and still some of you biased assholes believe he doesn't deserve the #80 jersey to be retired. You act as if we have so many numbers retired too. How many do we have? 2, 3? Wow 1 more retired jersey would really mean that there is no room to give anybody jersey numbers.

#69 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Dec 22 2005, 11:54 PM)
still some of you biased assholes believe he doesn't deserve the #80 jersey to be retired.

What does that even mean? Because we don't agree that Wayne's number should be retired we are biased assholes? Biased against what?

And loyalty to the team is what gets your number retired? Does that mean Sowell and Fabini are getting their numbers retired? They've only played with the Jets throughout their careers, both approaching 10 years, and they've both played quite well.

#70 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 23 2005, 06:56 AM)
What does that even mean? Because we don't agree that Wayne's number should be retired we are biased assholes? Biased against what?

White underdog Receivers, who were a long shot, and didn't belong in the NFL.

#71 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Dec 23 2005, 01:56 AM)
White underdog Receivers, who were a long shot, and didn't belong in the NFL.

Your saying we don't think Wayne's number should be retired because he's an underdog? That's the reason we like him as much as we do and that's what makes him a fan favorite. That doesn't make any sense.

#72 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (NYJBlueHen @ Dec 23 2005, 07:00 AM)
Your saying we don't think Wayne's number should be retired because he's an underdog? That's the reason we like him as much as we do and that's what makes him a fan favorite. That doesn't make any sense.

I am saying that you guys are treating him like stats are the only thing that matters to get your number retired, which is complete bullshit. As I said earlier, Derek Jeter doesn't really have the best stats ever, but he should, and definatly will get his number retired. Him being a fan favorite, and the ton of loyality he had here, is the reason why he should have his number retired. stats mean nothing. Besides, if you really wanna say stats make you get your number retired, then why Isin't having the second most catches as a New York Jet not enough for you guys?

#73 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Vilma#51 @ Dec 22 2005, 09:29 PM)
One of my favorite posters for a reason another great post. This is why the guy made front paper people  drinks.gif  *

Speachless... thank you!

#74 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Dec 22 2005, 11:54 PM)
Incorrect, greatness is not what gets you a retired number, it's loyalty to the team that gets you your number retired. This guy did so many amazing thigs that a first rounder could never do, this guy was an undrafted white guy, who was too short to even make it, and look what he did. He has proved a lot of things to a lot of people in this world, and still some of you biased assholes believe he doesn't deserve the #80 jersey to be retired. You act as if we have so many numbers retired too. How many do we have? 2, 3? Wow 1 more retired jersey would really mean that there is no room to give anybody jersey numbers.

iagree.gif chrebet played his ass off every play for us.and he has done much better then former 1st round picks.his number should be retired
Posted Image

#75 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Dec 23 2005, 02:16 AM)
WTF.gif  ALL of you, SHUT THE HELL UP! Guys, lost in admist all the debating about a damn number is the fact the man who wore the number is retiring! That's why the topic is started, that's what we should care about!  angry.gif

Retiring his number would be a tribute to him and show how much the organisation respected what he did for them.

I've never been to the Meadowlands but in October I went to MSG and I thought it was great the fact they had the retired jerseys and who they belonged to around the top of the arena and if they have that at the Meadowlands for the Jets, Wayne's jersey should be added to it.

#76 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:36 AM

You don't have to be a great player to have your number retired!!

Elston Howard, Backup to Yogi Berra, had his number retired, even though his numbers were good, nothing more. His number was retired becuase he was the first black player on the Yankees Organization. I'm not trying to say Wayne broke any barrier when he came to this team, but their retire numbers as a tribute. When Reggie White died, even though he was one of the best, and his number woulda been retired anyways, they retired it like 1 week later, to honor him and his life. Waynes been out there killing himself for the ball for over 10 years, and I really don't wanna see some new guy with number 80 doing anything. I didn't want Law to have #24 either, and 88 and 83 shoulda been gone long ago. But, you can't find stats for clutchness and hardiness, but thats where his numbers would stick out.

#77 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Maynard13 @ Dec 22 2005, 08:42 PM)
STILL...WHAT IS THIS????? SOME ONE TELL ME??

One of the most beloved Jets calls it a carrer, so his goodbye topic becomes a debate on how good he really was. Your entitled to whatever you think about Wayne, but in his goodbye thread??!!?!?!

I personally think someone shouldn't lock this, but start a new Good Bye Wayne topic, where we can say good bye, and not fight about his skills and abilities. Start a "Chrebets number retired" Thread if you want to do that.

Wayne...I love you, and I will NEVER forget what you've done durning my time as a fan, and as previously stated, your number 1 on the list of guys that have left that have a strong place in my heart....

"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#78 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 December 2005 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Maynard13 @ Dec 22 2005, 09:42 PM)
STILL...WHAT IS THIS????? SOME ONE TELL ME??

One of the most beloved Jets calls it a carrer, so his goodbye topic becomes a debate on how good he really was. Your entitled to whatever you think about Wayne, but in his goodbye thread??!!?!?!

I personally think someone should lock this, but start a new Good Bye Wayne topic, where we can say good bye, and not fight about his skills and abilities. Start a "Chrebets number retired" Thread if you want to do that.

Wayne...I love you, and I will NEVER forget what you've done durning my time as a fan, and as previously stated, your number 1 on the list of guys that have left that have a strong place in my heart....

Done

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users