NYJetsFan.com Forums: When Chimps Attack... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee Lee la la lee le lee leeeee
SecondHandJets Icon : (11 May 2016 - 02:04 PM) GO TEAM!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 May 2016 - 10:40 AM) from the looks of it, nobody is excited lol
santana Icon : (18 May 2016 - 10:27 PM) I'm excited for geno smith. His jaw will survive the off season.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 May 2016 - 06:26 PM) not true, never know who might punch him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2016 - 05:38 PM) f*** Geno smith
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2016 - 05:39 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
mgjetman Icon : (23 May 2016 - 02:01 PM) Geno really needs to go away. Double f**k Geno.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 May 2016 - 02:21 PM) Fitzpatrick said he wants to play for the jets and that he won't retire
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 May 2016 - 06:50 PM) This street thug Darron Lee hasn't signed yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 May 2016 - 05:32 PM) that damn dirty street thug
Jetsfan115 Icon : (31 May 2016 - 10:28 AM) jets offered fitz 3 years 24 million dollar deal. 12 million for 2016 and 6 million each for 2017 and 2018. fitz is unhappy with the 2017 and 2018 number
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 01:45 PM) Street thug
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 01:47 PM) I really don't like Devin Smith he cost us 2 games last season with his hands of stone
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) he's a rookie
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) i'm more concerned we really don't have a slot WR. all of our guys are outside guys
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) i wonder if amaro is gonna be a big slit guy and blocker for us
Jetsfan115 Icon : (01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM) slot
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 09:22 PM) Sources told NY daily news.Fitzpatrick is about to sign 1 year deal
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 June 2016 - 10:06 PM) We didn't have a slot WR last year also. I do Amaro steps up I really do like him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 June 2016 - 09:46 AM) Ok so the jets won't take the deal. My question is why?? 1 year 12 million when they are already offering him 12 million in his first year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 June 2016 - 01:24 PM) 2 reasons, 1st off for salary cap relief this year. we have no cap room this year but plenty next year. a multi year deal and backload the contract and 2, why pay a guy 12 mil for 1 year with no guarentee and go thorugh this again
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 June 2016 - 01:24 PM) fitz said he'd take a 1 year deal but jets don't want that
Jetsfan115 Icon : (02 June 2016 - 01:25 PM) they should offer him a 3 years for 30 mil. 12 this year (half in the signing bonus for cap relief) 10 mil next year and 8 mil the 3rd year. 1st 2 years guarenteed (22 mil)
RetireChrebet Icon : (03 June 2016 - 03:37 AM) You know your fucked when the biggest offseason story is can we convince a journeyman QB whom singlehandedly threw us out of the playoffs last year to sign a deal worth way more than his actual value!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 09:59 AM) Ok jets brothers I need fantasy football help. Who should I keep in my keepers league. We have to decide by July
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:00 AM) Should I keep Cam Gurley or Bell?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Cam had a monster year last year and in our league it's 6 points per PassTd and cam is getting his best WR back.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Gurley was a monster last year as a rookie
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:03 AM) Bell missed most of the year with a injury but it's also a PPR league. In only 6 games last year he =100 points
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:04 AM) Cam also had 45 total TDs last year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) I'd keep bell
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) there are maybe like 5 #1 fantasy RBs at best and you need to start at least 2
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) QBs are easier to find. I had cam in 2 leagues and drafted him way late. RBs are impossible to find late
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) That Damn dirty street thug
MikeGangGree... Icon : (05 June 2016 - 09:43 PM) In other news the NBA finals is like A NFL team Playing a college football team.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (06 June 2016 - 11:23 AM) line is in. jets are favorites for 5 games, pick for 2, and underdog for 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (08 June 2016 - 04:56 PM) We play better as a underdog
santana Icon : (12 June 2016 - 03:54 PM) JETS JETS JETS
santana Icon : (13 June 2016 - 09:28 AM) Update on the #Jets situation with Ryan Fitzpatrick: Nothing. … Just nothing. Doesn't seem like things will change heading into minicamp.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 June 2016 - 10:39 AM) yeah every day i check for an update and every day, nothing
vjdbbq Icon : (14 June 2016 - 05:43 AM) Where's Rob and his ass ?
Mario Icon : (20 June 2016 - 06:21 PM) Any Jets fan in the Kansas city, Missouri area, that will be going to the game on the 25th of September?
vjdbbq Icon : (22 June 2016 - 07:29 AM) No Mario ; you will be there alone .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2016 - 07:15 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Chimps Attack... both very sad & twisted funny...

#1 User is offline   jetgreen13 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:49 AM

did you guys ever read this one??
http://cbs2.com/tops..._062210945.html

Chimps Attack, Tear Off Man's Nose

Two Of The Chimps Were Shot And Killed

Mar 4, 2005 1:42 pm US/Pacific
CALIENTE, Calif. (AP) A couple's visit to the chimpanzee they were forced to relinquish to an animal sanctuary turned tragic when two other chimps attacked the husband, critically wounding him before the animals were shot to death in mid-assault.

The son-in-law of the sanctuary's owner killed the animals that left St. James Davis, 62, in critical condition with massive injuries to his face, body and limbs, said Steve Martarano, a spokesman for the California Department of Fish and Game.

"He saw what was happening and had one kind of weapon with him and then got another he felt would be more substantial and shot them," Martarano said. "He pretty much saved a life."

Davis' wife, LaDonna Davis, 64, suffered a bite wound to the hand while attempting to help her husband, Martarano said.

The Kern County Sheriff's Department is continuing to investigate the attack at Animal Haven Ranch, which holds state permits to shelter exotic animals.

"A big part of the investigation will be figuring out whether the owners were in compliance with regulations," Sheriff's Cmdr. Hal Chealander said Friday. "There's a reason why those chimpanzees got out. It will be crucial to our investigation how they got out."

State wildlife and county health authorities also were testing the dead chimps for rabies and other diseases that could affect the victims' health, Chealander said.

The Davises were at the Animal Haven Ranch to celebrate the birthday of Moe, a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their suburban Los Angeles home in 1999 after biting off part of a woman's finger.

The couple had brought Moe a cake and were standing outside his cage when Buddy and Ollie, two of the four chimpanzees in the adjoining cage, attacked St. James Davis, Martarano said. Officials do not yet know how the chimps got out of their enclosure, he said.

Moe was not involved in Thursday's attack, Martarano said.

Dr. Maureen Martin, of Kern Medical Center, told KGET-TV of Bakersfield that the chimpanzees chewed most of Davis' face off and that he would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose.

Davis was transported to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he had surgery late Thursday night, Martarano said.

The medical center would not release any information about Davis' condition on Friday. Hospital spokeswoman Julie Smith said the family requested confidentiality.

Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that besides the damage to his face, Davis had his testicles and foot mauled off. Buddy, a 16-year-old male chimp, initiated the attack and after he was shot, Ollie, a 13-year-old male, grabbed the gravely injured man and dragged him down the road, according to Chealander.

"Everybody was trying to get the chimp off," Chealander said.

The son-in-law of the sanctuary's owners used a .45-caliber handgun to kill the out-of-control chimps, Chealander said.

Two other chimps, females named Susie and Bones, also escaped from the cage they shared with Ollie and Buddy, prompting sheriff's deputies, animal control workers and Fish and Game officials to launch a search.

The wayward pair were recovered after five hours. Martarano said one chimp was two miles from the sanctuary.

The Davises had waged an unsuccessful legal fight to bring Moe back to their West Covina home and visited him regularly at the sanctuary where he had been living since October. They brought the chimp from Africa decades ago after a poacher killed his mother.

Animal Haven Ranch has held state permits to shelter animals since 1985 and serves as a sanctuary for animals that have been confiscated or discovered lost, Martarano said.

It is allowed to house up to nine primates at one time and is home to one spider monkey and six chimpanzees, he said. The permits are held by Ralph and Virginia Brauer, who could not be reached immediately for comment.

A woman who answered the phone at the Brauer residence on Friday said the family is not talking to the media about the incident.

Chealander said the incident has been stunning to the owners.

"They've been up there for 20 years and nothing like this has ever happened, according to them. And we certainly don't have any reports of anything like this happening," Chealander said.

A woman who said she was a friend of the Brauers and was leaving the sanctuary Friday morning told an Associated Press reporter that the couple is distraught. She refused to give her name.

"These are good chimps," the woman said. "This is just devastating."

The sanctuary is 30 miles east of Bakersfield, in a steep canyon that winds past horse ranches and grazing cattle. It sits at the top of a dirt road carved into a rocky hillside that is covered in sage brush and oak trees.

Chimpanzees can turn surly if not handled properly, said Martine Colette, animal director of the Wildlife WayStation, a sanctuary near Los Angeles where Moe was housed for a time.

"Chimps are notoriously strong and they have some very, very specific behaviors," Colette said. "If someone tries to confine them, they will definitely put up a fight."

"An average person who doesn't know chimp body language can't read them," she added.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users