NYJetsFan.com Forums: Nyjetsfantasy Football? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Nyjetsfantasy Football? ideas, opinons, etc...(?)

#1 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:32 PM

A while back there was some talk about having a fantasy football league for members of the board, run (more or less) through the site (in it's own room, i.e. here), and I was wondering what anyone thought about that now. I still think it is a pretty good idea, and could be done with little difficulty.

SO, if anyone is interested, post your ideas or questions here...or just say no and I'll forget about it.

#2 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

i think it would be a lot of fun, fantasy is always competitive and it seems we have a great group of guys on this site...
i am sure we could eventually agree on scoring, subjects, draft stuff all that... hopefully it wont impede on some of the posts when people want to keep sleepers to themselves...

i think if we do it we should def. incorporate individual defensive players, even if it is one db and one d-line/lb for each team... im sure that will all get worked out later...

i just cant wait for the season biggrin.gif
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#3 User is offline   Pennington2Coles Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

We can always just make a free private league on Yahoo and just allow ppl from the site to join it.

#4 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Pennington2Coles @ May 14 2005, 10:05 AM)
We can always just make a free private league on Yahoo and just allow ppl from the site to join it.

i agree
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

the problem with that is flow... maybe 10-12 teams would be acceptable but we have 200 something members here.. .but i am sure we will work it out

#6 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

I think that if we make a bug deal about it then alot of people would do it. The problem is interest and lack of commitment. If it gets hyped and promoted then anyone on here would do it just to be like everyone else. Sounds cheap written down here but if you think about it it is a good idea. Also If alot of people want to do it then we could deffinately have divisions and all that, it would be fun.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#7 User is offline   gojets3393 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

I would definetly do it. I love fantasy sports.

#8 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

Here are my thoughts on the basic concepts:

1-I know a lot of people would rather just use Yahoo, but I think it would be better to use the site. I'd imagine we would have enough people seriously interested to form several 8-12 person groups (any more than 12 and you start running out of players), and if we did it on Yahoo it would be more difficult to keep track of other leagues. I feel like having all the various teams and people posting on one board (instead of on a yahoo board and on this one, etc) would be better. As far as the difficulty of scoring, you have maybe a dozen starters to check on. You look them up on NFL.com, figure up their stats, and there you go. Five minutes work a week.

2-I would hope that if we put up a thread for people to sign up on, everyone who did would understand that it is a four month commitment. Most of the people signing up would, hopefully, understand this and we wouldn't much to worry about as far as people not keeping up from week to week. Heck, Ron could even change offenders' names to ISUCK17 or something (just kidding there).

I suppose we could do the Yahoo boards if it all got done, but I just think it would be almost as simple and more fun to keep it on the site itself.

#9 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:35 AM

Is there an age limit on joining the fantasy leagues? And I heard you have to pay money to do it and players have dollar values, so if someone can explain it that'd be nice.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#10 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:45 PM

there are different forms of fantasy football, the one you are talking about is not as popular and involves a team cap, say 100 points or dollars, whatever... and then players are worth certain amounts of money either from week to week or at the start of the season...

peyton manning may be worth 50 points and doug brien may be worth 6 points or whatever, and you have to keep it under the cap...

the more popular form is just a straight draft, no point value allocation... just like you were drafting a game of pickup, and then you get points for how they perform and all the scoring systems are different so that should be kept in mind... some put more emphasis on just TD's and some have a bit on yards gained, yada yada, and some you can lose points for fumbles, fumbles lost... the possibilities are endless, but in the end a whole lot of fun as long as people keep it competitive and clean

#11 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

EIther way (the two Bobzero described), we could do it free. Either on the site or on yahoo's free boards.

I'll post a poll on this in the next couple days and we'll see what everyone thinks. Untill then, any comments and/or ideas are welcome.

#12 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:02 PM

In previous years we just made yahoo leagues and it was first come first serve. I think we should make 2 leagues, you cannot be in both, and take the top two winners and have them fill out a playoff bracket, or put their teams in madden and simulate a game to see who the real nyjetsfantasy champ is.

We can also do a pick-em league, and last year we had a survivor league which was fun.
user posted image

#13 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:11 PM

survivor for those who dont know (lil nom) is you have to pick a winner each week, no spread... but you can only pick a team once... you lose once you are out... some leagues have double elimination

PS, touchdown jets posted this in the wrong forum so i am copy and pasting it here:

Draft Name: NY Jets Fan Fantasy Mock Draft
Draft Password: jets
Fantasy Football Mock Draft

i signed up, i am not sure exactly how it works just yet, it looks like a simple league, but it should be fun

#14 User is offline   smallguy Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (bobzero11 @ May 16 2005, 05:46 PM)
survivor for those who dont know (lil nom) is you have to pick a winner each week, no spread... but you can only pick a team once... you lose once you are out... some leagues have double elimination

PS, touchdown jets posted this in the wrong forum so i am copy and pasting it here:

Draft Name: NY Jets Fan Fantasy Mock Draft
Draft Password: jets
Fantasy Football Mock Draft

i signed up, i am not sure exactly how it works just yet, it looks like a simple league, but it should be fun

is this for yahoo?

#15 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

oh the link didnt copy... teehee, not yahoo tho
you can either find it in the main football forum under anyone interested in a ff mock draft or try this link, not sure if it works

http://www.antsports...me.asp?LID=5491

#16 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

We should do a money league... Winner take all. We can all do it through PayPal and have like a 12 team league. With the free leagues, people start to lose interest. Usually only the serious, diehard players will enter a money league.

#17 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (ronnydynamic @ May 16 2005, 06:06 PM)
We should do a money league... Winner take all.  We can all do it through PayPal and have like a 12 team league.  With the free leagues, people start to lose interest.  Usually only the serious, diehard players will enter a money league.

That is an awsome idea, I sure as hell wouldn't do it, but thats cuz I have yet to not be in last in a fantasy league yet, but for those that know what their doing, thats a great idea

#18 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

How would it work? How would you pay with the money? credit card? Do you have to be 18 or older?

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

I would do it but this would be mt third year doing it and me and my friend have a paid league. We each up 100 bucks and do a live draft 6 teams all off paper (so we don’t get yahoo suggestions u have to know your stuff.) it allows people to fall and rise like the real draft. Then we input in yahoo and run it that way. 1st place gets 480 2nd 120 everyone else gets crap. I came in second last year inspite of and because of volek. He won me the right to the title game when he was 40/60 for 400+ yards and like 4TDs but then stunk the next game and killed me. I would of won it all if I started trent green instead but hindsight is always 20/20 huh
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users