NYJetsFan.com Forums: Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread post your mock draft or desired off season plans here

#1 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:42 AM

Make this topic a sticky please

Cut: Fabini,Mawae,Sowell,Kendall

Release:Ty Law

FA to sign:Josh Mcnown, cheap veteran CB

Restructres:Chad from 8 to 2.5,Robertson,Ellis and C-mart

Trade:John Abraham and to Clevland for 12th overall
McCariens to the Bears for a 3rd rounder

Draft:
4th overall...D`Brickshaw Ferguson LT...first step to improve our offensive line

12th overall pick...LenDale White RB...Jets asked Martin to take a paycut and told him he will play a limited role so White will be that person

35th overall pick...Ashton Youboty CB...with Law already telling us he wont be back we need to get another CB. Yuboty brings size at 6"1 and speed. Leaving The Ohio State after his Juinor year.

68th overall pick...Greg Eslinger C...with Mawae likley to be cut now because he wont take the paycut Eslinger will play C for us now

3rd round comp via Raiders...Rodrquie Wright DT... some argue that he will fall this far and i believe he will.with us likley moving to 3-4 we need a big run stuffing DT and Rod fills that void

90th overall...Kevin Boothe OG (6"4 330 )or Jason Spitz OG (6"4 310)... I couldnt decide which one is the better prospect but either one will help us cement up our offensive line

4th round...Bruce Gradowoski QB... could this guy be Mangini`s Brady? who know... buti have use signing Mccnown but it wouldnt hurt to draft a guy like good ole Brucey either

4th round herm comp....Leon Willams LB...we could use another LB if we do switch to 3-4. Also has a nice build at 6"4 240

5th round....Frostee Rucker DE...with abe leaving we should give this guy a shot

6th round...Brandon Marshall WR...tall WR at 6"4

7th round...Chris Kuper OG...could us another guard and for depth

7th round....Michael Robinson...Athlete...can play some special teams or line up as a WR

IPB Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:19 AM

done.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:21 AM

Hey, you sorta copied off my ideas in the char we had. Anyway, looking pretty good, and hear's mine (I just copied and pasted it)...
Don't expect some team that'll win the Super Bowl. We have to toughen up and just see what we can do. This is how we might just have to live with it...
Cuts:
Kevin Mawae.
Jay Fiedler.
Jerald Sowell.
Pete Kendall.
Ty Law.
Jason Fabini.
Doug Jolley.
James Dearth.
Restructure:
Curtis Martin.
Chad Pennington- There's no point in cutting him, the cap hit would be $0 for keeping for cutting him. But if we cut him, that player will take up cap space, something Pennington wouldn't really.
Dewayne Robertson.
Shaun Ellis.
Trades:
Justin McCareins to the Texans for their 2nd of two 3rd round picks.
Derrick Blaylock to the Steelers for their 3rd rounder.
John Abraham to the Browns for their first.
(Here's one to ponder on) Our first rounder next year and our second this year for Jason Campbell (Redskins first round QB). I think they'd do this because they can easily find a QB next year, or the could use our second on a QB. Remember, Dan Snyder is the GM.
Resign:
Chris Baker.
Kenyetta Wright.
Jonathan Goodwin.
Don't resign:
The rest.
Mock Draft:
1st round: Offensive tackle D'Brickshaw Ferguson (Virginia)- Do the math on why.
1st round (via Browns): Runningback LenDale White (USC)- We'll need an heir to Martin, he's a good grinder player.
3rd round (via Houston): Defensive tackle Rodrique Wright (Texas)- A player with good size and speed, recorded like 7.5 sacks his sophmore year.
3rd round: Wide receiver Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)- He could compete with Jerricho Cothcery for the #2 spot.
3rd round (via Pittsburgh): Center Greg Eslinger (Minnesota)- Here's your heir to Mawae. He's a good player and anchored that great Minnesota line that really helped Laurence Maroney.
3rd round (comp pick for LaMont Jordan): Defensive end Ray Edwards (Purdue)- Might not be here, but we'd need some depth for Abe.
4th round: Guard Fred Mutua (USC)- A name familuar to White, he can replace Kendall.
4th round (via Kansas City for Herm): Punt returner/cornerback/kick returner Devin Hester (Miami)- A versatile player who could solidify the punt return spot.
5th round: Fullback Garrett Mills (Tulsa)- Askew is injury prone so we do the safe thing. Did good in the 40 with a 4.75.
6th round: Offensive guard Will Allen (Texas)- Just for depth.
7th round: Defensive end Ryan LaCasse (Syracuse)- Depth.
7th round (via Detroit for McGraw): Tight end Antony Mix (Auburn)- A tight end with some good speed (4.55 40).

Offense:
QB- Chad Pennington/ Jason Campbell.
RB- Curtis Martin/ LenDale White.
FB- BJ Askew.
WR1- Laveranues Coles.
WR2- Jerricho Cotchery/ Maurice Stovall.
OT- D'Brickshaw Ferguson.
OG- Brandon Moore.
C- Greg Eslinger.
OG- Fred Mutua.
OT- Adrian Jones.

Defense:
DE- Byran Thomas/ Ray Edwards.
DT- Dewayne Robertson.
NT- Rodrique Wright.
DE- Shaun Ellis.

OLB- Eric Barton.
MLB- Jonathan Vilma.
OLB- Victor Hobson.

CB- Justin Miller.
FS- Erik Coleman.
SS- Kerry Rhodes.
CB- David Barrett.

P- Ben Graham
K- Mike Nugent.
PR/KR- Devin Hester.
LS- Joel Dreesen.
Like it?
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#4 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

Heres mine:

4th Overall:
D'Brick Ferguson
Abe to Browns for thier first
Browns first:
Siniorice Moss
2nd Round:
Lendale White
3 round:
DE Ryan Neil from Rutgers. (Led nation in sacks, RU MVP.)
Greg Eslinger
Fred Mutua
Some big NT
4th round:
D.J. Shockley or Marcus Vick (don't hate me, he's got talent)
Devin Hester (for CB)
5th round:
DE Val Barnaby from Rutgers
6th Round:
Will Allen
7th Round:
Tres Moses WR Rutgers
Anthony MIx
Like it?
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#5 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:49 PM

noway we draft sinorce moss with the 12th overall pick, that pick should be white b/c noway he falls to the 2nd round. id be suprised if a rutgers player is drafted this year, we can get neil,moses, and barnbary via draft free agency.

IPB Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

Yea man Sinorce moss Might not even be worth a 1st round at all. we probaly could get himwith our 2nd round pick. But hes a late first or 2nd round guy.
Guys Idk about getting Lendal with the 12th pick we dont really need a runningback yet. we could wait a year and get someone there like adrian petterson if he declares but i think that if we did get the 12th pick we would draft Jay Cutler because we need a QB and i dont want josh mcown. we need to start fresh with a new Guy under center. and build our way to the top that way..

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 18 2006, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres mine:

4th Overall:
D'Brick Ferguson
Browns first:
Siniorice Moss
2nd Round:
Lendale White
3 round:
Greg Eslinger
Fred Mutua
Some big NT
4th round:
Devin Hester (for CB)
5th round:
6th Round:
Will Allen
7th Round:
Tres Moses WR Rutgers
Anthony MIx
Like it?

No offence but way too many people from rutgers. I live in NJ too but i know that rutgers Hasnt made that great of players why build a team of people from rutgers when they couldnt win much there we would just be building a team to lose. get what im saying?
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

Are you saying that Ryan Neil sucks, Tres Moses sucks and Val Barnaby sucks? Rutgers went to the Insight Bowl and lost to Arizona State, an elite team, by only 5 points. If your team is 7-5, they don't suck. Ryan Neil is won of the top D ends in the draft. Val Barnaby is pretty good and Tres Moses would be a good FA.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#8 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

Rutgers is still a joke of a program 1 winning season doesnt make a difference. id be suprised to see them in a bowl this year. lol arizona an elite team? just because they lost to USC by like 10 doesnt make them elite. did i say they suck no? and your crazy if you think neil is a top DE in the draft i can name 20 that are better than him. put mario willams in the big east and he would have like 40 sacks. as a matter of fact name 1 elite big east offensive line prospect? get my point?Moses doesnt have great speed therefore will more than likley not get drafted. barnbary is somebody i never heard of.

IPB Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 18 2006, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you saying that Ryan Neil sucks, Tres Moses sucks and Val Barnaby sucks? Rutgers went to the Insight Bowl and lost to Arizona State, an elite team, by only 5 points. If your team is 7-5, they don't suck. Ryan Neil is won of the top D ends in the draft. Val Barnaby is pretty good and Tres Moses would be a good FA.

your not getting what im saying. im saying that you dont draft a bunch of people from a school like Rutgers. there not no USC or Miami there not a big name school. there talent is played in a weaker conference. and how many people do you know in the NFL that is starting and came from Rutgers?
I know 2. how many from Miami I cant give a Number. They only one that I think is a real good solid player is L.J. smith from the eagles TE.. other then that the other starter is a linebacker on the colts who really isnt even good and im not sure he even starts...
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:02 PM

here are the top 30 DEs in this years draft ...http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/de.html

no neil no barnabay

here are the top 45 WR...http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/wr.html

no moses

IPB Image

#11 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

Oh but I suppose you heard of Wayne Chrebet before the Jets?
IPB Image
IPB Image

#12 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

you are obvisously missing the point here, we are not going to draft anybody from rutgers...period if we do id be very suprised

IPB Image

#13 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

I'm tired of people putting down Rutgers. I put Barnaby, Moses and Niel on my mock draft be cuase I don't know any DEs that would fall to the 3 or 4th round. I'm not a draft expert but I do know that Neil is a advanced DE. DON'T DISS RUTGERS CAUSE THIER NOT USC OR MIAMI OR TEXAS!
IPB Image
IPB Image

#14 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

ok mind telling me how he is advanced?

IPB Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 18 2006, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh but I suppose you heard of Wayne Chrebet before the Jets?

did we draft him NO. your saying to draft 3 Rutger player. Like if there is a good player from the school then cool draft him but you dont just draft 3 people from a school who is in a weak conference and has been known to suck. The fact is how many Hiesmen winners Does Rutgers produce? How many National Championships? Just cause they went 7-5 doesnt mean they all deserve to be drafted. Wayne is different he came here at practice squad and just was a beast that doesnt mean those rutgers guys will be good cause the chances are they wont be successful and probaly will only bee practice squad.. and undrafted.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

I'm not saying draft all three of them! I said maybe draft one in the later rounds and maybe pick one up outta FA!
IPB Image
IPB Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 18 2006, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm tired of people putting down Rutgers. I put Barnaby, Moses and Niel on my mock draft be cuase I don't know any DEs that would fall to the 3 or 4th round. I'm not a draft expert but I do know that Neil is a advanced DE. DON'T DISS RUTGERS CAUSE THIER NOT USC OR MIAMI OR TEXAS!

NIEL IS NOT ADVANCE HE MAY BE A SOLID PLAYER BUT HE ISNT A TOP PLAYER HE ISNT EVEN IN THE TOP 32 AT HIS POSTION!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 18 2006, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not saying draft all three of them! I said maybe draft one in the later rounds and maybe pick one up outta FA!

In your mock draft you had them all being drafted by us and had one being drafted in the 3rd..
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

Trade Abe for Rivers and a 1 or 2nd (I'll go with a first in my draft)

Round 1 - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Round 1 - LenDale White
Round 2 - Antonio Cromartie (at 6'3 who can run a 4.37 he's a beast)
Round 3 - Gabe Watson (if he were to fall to round 3 which I doubt there isn't really much NT type DTs) or Stanley McClover
Round 4 ???
Round 5 ???
Round 7 - Jahri Evans
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#19 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:35 PM

On NFL draft scout.com they rate Neil as #30 of 150 DEs in the draft!
IPB Image
IPB Image

#20 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 18 2006, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres mine:

4th Overall:
D'Brick Ferguson
Browns first:
Siniorice Moss
2nd Round:
Lendale White
3 round:
Greg Eslinger
Fred Mutua
Some big NT
4th round:
Devin Hester (for CB)
5th round:
6th Round:
Will Allen
7th Round:
Tres Moses WR Rutgers
Anthony MIx
Like it?

Whoa, and you weren't nice to my plan... crazy.gif
First off, why the hell would we draft a WR in round, let alone Siniorice Moss? He can be found in round, and if any WR is worth that pick it'd be Santonio Holmes.
No way, and I'll mail you $50 if it happens, but no way in this universe does LenDale White go to round 2. No way. But actually, if you switch him and Moss, I'd say that's not a bad first 2 round mock. If you could do that, I'd actually say that's a very nice job......
As everyone has said, Ryan Neil isn't worth a 3rd. Elvis Dummervile is a MUCH MUCH better pick there. Eslinger is a good pick. I don't know where you got that extra 3rd, but if you meant to put Fred Mutua in the 4th, good pick.
DJ Shockley can be found in rounds 5-7, and Marcus Vick is just a plain head ache, probably will go jail before the Combine. I like the Hester pick.
Again, there are better DEs than Val Barnaby. James Wyche out of Syracuse is a much better prospect.
I can see you copied my 7th round pick in Mix, much like how you copied most of my others biggrin.gif and that's a good pick, could care less about Tres Moses, but I think getting a FB there would be smart.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users