NYJetsFan.com Forums: Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

New York Jets owner, Woody Johnson, named US ambassador to the UK
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 January 2017 - 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 January 2017 - 04:12 PM) seems like a good deal. they were saying he could have earned over 8 million in the open market
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Where's Rob ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Is he looking for a new ass ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) :saythat:
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:13 AM) :trink39:
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 01:32 PM) 4 years 29 mil 15 mil guarenteed. so 7.25mil a year for winters. a nice bargain. he took a hometown discount. seems like a good guy. well done winters and mac
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM) Jets hire Dennard Wilson as defensive backs coach
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 January 2017 - 04:01 PM) Trump to name Jets' owner Woody Johnson U.K. ambassador
vjdbbq Icon : (19 January 2017 - 06:04 PM) Maybe Woody will take the Jets with him to London . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 January 2017 - 11:13 AM) Mark Gastineau says he has dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
vjdbbq Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 AM) f***ing Pats again
vjdbbq Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 AM) :sterb003: Tom Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:00 PM) If the pats manage to win again I hope they cow tip goodell right at the podium
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:00 PM) in 2 weeks i'm gonna be the biggest falcons fan for a day LMAO
vjdbbq Icon : (Today, 08:13 AM) :sterb003: Bill Belicheat
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread post your mock draft or desired off season plans here

#41 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

I just put DJ Shockley there because it seems the Patriots model is to draft QBs every year and see what you can get with them. They drafted Matt Cassel this year and released Rohan Davey because Davey is inaccurate. Besides I have Philip Rivers starting. He's cheap and can be cut next offseason if he doesn't work out. I'd imagine we'd be in a position to draft Brady Quinn anyway. When we cut Chad (it's going to happen this week in order to have enough space to refranchise Abraham) we won't have a whole lot of room. I figure we could pick up some cheap players to get us through the 2006 season.

I value Ferguson over Young or Culter anyway. You could have Peyton Manning passing for us but if he's getting sacked because Fabini is constantly burned it's of no help to us. Fabini is the reason Pennington was injured this year again (atleast on the field, I blame Herm for letting him play at all). I also don't know if we should keep Bollinger or not. He really isn't the right size for an NFL QB and I think he'd have much better luck in the CFL.

If we were to pick a QB, I'd take Culter over the other two. Leinart doesn't have a big strong arm like Cutler and Young has odd throwing mechanics which won't help us in the immediate future. Besides that, Young won't be able to create his own throwing lanes when he runs, the windows aren't that big in the NFL.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#42 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

I posted this in another thread, but if Chad is cut...
I think if we were to pick a QB, do something like this...
Trade John Abraham to the Browns for their first (12).
Trade the #4 to the Bills for their first and second (8 and 40).
Using the 8th overall pick, we get Jay Cutler.
With the 12th pick we get LenDale White.
With the 35th pick we get Marcus McNeil or Eric Winston (whoever falls).
With the 40th pick we get Taitusi Lutui (He's the USC guard, over like 330 pounds).
With the 71st pick, we get Rodrique Wright.
With our 3rd round compensation pick via LaMont Jordan we get Devin Hester.
With the 100th pick we get Greg Eslinger.
With the 116th pick we get Ray Edwards.
After 4 rounds, look at what we have...
QB- Jay Cutler.
HB- Curtis Martin/LenDale White.
FB- BJ Askew.
WR1- Laveranues Coles.
WR2- Justin McCareins/Jerricho Cotchery (I say let there
be a battle).
TE- Chris Baker.
OT- Marcus McNeil/Eric Winston.
OG- Taitusi Lutui.
C- Greg Eslinger.
OG- Bradon Moore.
OT- Adrian Jones.
Defense..........
DE- Byran Thomas/Ray Edwards.
DT- Dewayne Robertson.
DT- Rodrique Wright.
DE- Shaun Ellis.
OLB- Eric Barton.
MLB- Jonathan Vilma.
OLB- Victor Hobson.
CB- Justin Miller.
SS- Kerry Rhodes.
FS- Erik Coleman.
CB- David Barrett.
P- Ben Graham.
K- Mike Nugent.
KR/PR- Devin Hester.
LS- Joel Dreesen (I think James Dearth will leave).
Then in rounds 5-7 just get some defensive and offensive line depth, a backup TE, like Brad Butler, James Wyche, and Anthony Mix, and then a LB for depth, like Leon Williams.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#43 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Feb 19 2006, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just put DJ Shockley there because it seems the Patriots model is to draft QBs every year and see what you can get with them. They drafted Matt Cassel this year and released Rohan Davey because Davey is inaccurate. Besides I have Philip Rivers starting. He's cheap and can be cut next offseason if he doesn't work out. I'd imagine we'd be in a position to draft Brady Quinn anyway.

I value Ferguson over Young or Culter anyway. You could have Peyton Manning passing for us but if he's getting sacked because Fabini is constantly burned it's of no help to us. Fabini is the reason Pennington was injured this year again (atleast on the field, I blame Herm for letting him play at all). I also don't know if we should keep Bollinger or not. He really isn't the right size for an NFL QB and I think he'd have much better luck in the CFL.

If we were to pick a QB, I'd take Culter over the other two. Leinart doesn't have a big strong arm like Cutler and Young has odd throwing mechanics which won't help us in the immediate future. Besides that, Young won't be able to create his own throwing lanes when he runs, the windows aren't that big in the NFL.

How do we get Rivers?
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:19 AM

For QB I would prefer Vince Young. I think he's the best player besides Bush in the draft. As for us, I think we should ge D'BRick than for QB go with either Micheal Robinson or D.J. Shockley. Preferably Micheal Robinson.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#45 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:19 PM

I think the most ready starter is this Draft is D'Brickshaw Ferguson, that goes to you JerseyJet, and Vince Young will be a project, he's not a sure player.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#46 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:21 PM

we would never trade w/ the bills. the best thing we could do is just stay at 4 and draft dbrick

IPB Image

#47 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Feb 19 2006, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we would never trade w/ the bills. the best thing we could do is just stay at 4 and draft dbrick

iagree.gif Put the foundation in place before getting the franchise QB as with a solid OLine the QB will be able to make the throws. If the OLine isn't there then we will see our franchise QB (whoever that may be) on the floor a lot of the time.

#48 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Feb 19 2006, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif Put the foundation in place before getting the franchise QB as with a solid OLine the QB will be able to make the throws. If the OLine isn't there then we will see our franchise QB (whoever that may be) on the floor a lot of the time.

But this Draft is so deep, we can hold off getting linemen till like rounda 2, hell even round 3.

#49 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Feb 19 2006, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But this Draft is so deep, we can hold off getting linemen till like rounda 2, hell even round 3.

DBrick will probably be capable of starting from day 1 whereas the guys available lower down in the draft probably won't.
Also with the QB situation I don't see Leinart or Young falling to the #4 spot. That would leave Cutler as the next best QB but he is no way worth the #4 pick. I don't like the idea of trading down and the only way I would want the FO to get another 1st rounder is by trading Abe (if not resigned).

I dont want to trade down because DBrick is a great, great prospect and a definite franchise Tackle, and as there is a hole a T we need to fill, why not pick him? Sure there are other Tackles available but none are as talented as DBrick that are coming out this year.

#50 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Feb 19 2006, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do we get Rivers?

Abe.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#51 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:45 PM

Ferguson is being compared to the likes of Orlando Pace, there is a big drop off with somebody like trueblood being solid or dbrick being amazing

IPB Image

#52 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

How many Quaterbacks that got drafted in the 1st 5 picks led thier teams to SBs? Eli Manning? Phil Rivers?
Alex Smith? Brady was a sixth round pick. I think guys in college that are studs might not have the potential to lead their teams to the big game. When was Roethlisberger drafted?
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#53 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 19 2006, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many Quaterbacks that got drafted in the 1st 5 picks led thier teams to SBs? Eli Manning? Phil Rivers?
Alex Smith? Brady was a sixth round pick. I think guys in college that are studs might not have the potential to lead their teams to the big game. When was Roethlisberger drafted?

Roethlisberger went 11th overall in 2004

#54 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

Guess what, Eli Manning has only been an NFL QB for 2 years, and when he was a rookie he wasn't starting every game. How many Ben Roethlisbergers do you think come out of the draft. Not every QB is going to lead their team to the SB in 2 years time. The 49ners are in rebuilding mode, they have to build around Smith first before they have a decent chance of making a SB run.

#55 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Feb 19 2006, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DBrick will probably be capable of starting from day 1 whereas the guys available lower down in the draft probably won't.
Also with the QB situation I don't see Leinart or Young falling to the #4 spot. That would leave Cutler as the next best QB but he is no way worth the #4 pick. I don't like the idea of trading down and the only way I would want the FO to get another 1st rounder is by trading Abe (if not resigned).

I dont want to trade down because DBrick is a great, great prospect and a definite franchise Tackle, and as there is a hole a T we need to fill, why not pick him? Sure there are other Tackles available but none are as talented as DBrick that are coming out this year.

You do make a good point, is it rather obvious that Ferguson is the most ready starter in the Draft. I wouldn't boo if we took him, I'd love him, his talent comes once a decade, but with so many holes to fill, getting extra picks might have to be they way to go, but seeing that we're rebuilding, staying where we are makes most sense.
Smedsthejet-1
Chadforpresidentin08-0. crazy.gif

#56 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

I hope every Mel Kiper of the world reads this. This isn't some scripted mock, as many are, this is a different 1 round mock......
1. Texans- D'Brickshaw Ferguson.
2. Saints- AJ Hawk.
3. Titans- Matt Leinart.
4. Jets- Reggie Bush.
5. Packers- Mario Williams.
6. Raiders- Haloti Ngata.
7. 49ers- DeAngelo Williams.
8. Bills- Winston Justice.
8. Lions- Vince Young.
10. Cardinals- Jay Cutler.
11. Rams- Michael Huff.
12. Browns- Chad Greenway.
13. Ravens- LenDale White.
14. Eagles- Santonio Holmes.
15. Falcons- Jimmy Williams.
16. Dolphins- Ko Simpson.
17. Vikings- DeMeco Ryans.
18. Cowboys- Eric Winston.
19. Chargers- Darnell Bing.
20. Chiefs- Antonio Cromatie.
21. Patriots- Ernie Simms.
22. Broncos- Tamba Hali.
23. Buccaners- Bobby Carpenter.
24. Bengals- Gabe Watson.
25. Giants- Ashton Youboty.
26. Bears- Vernon Davis.
27. Panthers- Laurence Maroney.
28. Jaguars- Tye Hill.
29. Broncos- Chad Jacks0n.
30. Colts- Thomas Howard.
31. Seahawks- Max Jean Giles.
32. Steelers- Sincorine Moss.

#57 User is offline   Cee Jay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:08 PM

Sorry to say but theres no way in hell, The Saints take AJ hawk with the 2nd overall pick.

and theres no way in hell vince young falls to the 8th overall pick

#58 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Cee Jay @ Feb 19 2006, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to say but theres no way in hell, The Saints take AJ hawk with the 2nd overall pick.

and theres no way in hell vince young falls to the 8th overall pick

Well, I think that's what teams should do, not will. I probably shoulda mentioned that...

#59 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

texans should draft bush, i dont blame them for not passing up talent like that even with dominck davis

IPB Image

#60 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:30 PM

My desired offseason wishlist:

Do whatever it takes to restore the NYJets to championship form for the 2006 season. Whatever it takes, get it done!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users