NYJetsFan.com Forums: Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Today, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:25 PM) nope
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread post your mock draft or desired off season plans here

#41 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

I just put DJ Shockley there because it seems the Patriots model is to draft QBs every year and see what you can get with them. They drafted Matt Cassel this year and released Rohan Davey because Davey is inaccurate. Besides I have Philip Rivers starting. He's cheap and can be cut next offseason if he doesn't work out. I'd imagine we'd be in a position to draft Brady Quinn anyway. When we cut Chad (it's going to happen this week in order to have enough space to refranchise Abraham) we won't have a whole lot of room. I figure we could pick up some cheap players to get us through the 2006 season.

I value Ferguson over Young or Culter anyway. You could have Peyton Manning passing for us but if he's getting sacked because Fabini is constantly burned it's of no help to us. Fabini is the reason Pennington was injured this year again (atleast on the field, I blame Herm for letting him play at all). I also don't know if we should keep Bollinger or not. He really isn't the right size for an NFL QB and I think he'd have much better luck in the CFL.

If we were to pick a QB, I'd take Culter over the other two. Leinart doesn't have a big strong arm like Cutler and Young has odd throwing mechanics which won't help us in the immediate future. Besides that, Young won't be able to create his own throwing lanes when he runs, the windows aren't that big in the NFL.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#42 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

I posted this in another thread, but if Chad is cut...
I think if we were to pick a QB, do something like this...
Trade John Abraham to the Browns for their first (12).
Trade the #4 to the Bills for their first and second (8 and 40).
Using the 8th overall pick, we get Jay Cutler.
With the 12th pick we get LenDale White.
With the 35th pick we get Marcus McNeil or Eric Winston (whoever falls).
With the 40th pick we get Taitusi Lutui (He's the USC guard, over like 330 pounds).
With the 71st pick, we get Rodrique Wright.
With our 3rd round compensation pick via LaMont Jordan we get Devin Hester.
With the 100th pick we get Greg Eslinger.
With the 116th pick we get Ray Edwards.
After 4 rounds, look at what we have...
QB- Jay Cutler.
HB- Curtis Martin/LenDale White.
FB- BJ Askew.
WR1- Laveranues Coles.
WR2- Justin McCareins/Jerricho Cotchery (I say let there
be a battle).
TE- Chris Baker.
OT- Marcus McNeil/Eric Winston.
OG- Taitusi Lutui.
C- Greg Eslinger.
OG- Bradon Moore.
OT- Adrian Jones.
Defense..........
DE- Byran Thomas/Ray Edwards.
DT- Dewayne Robertson.
DT- Rodrique Wright.
DE- Shaun Ellis.
OLB- Eric Barton.
MLB- Jonathan Vilma.
OLB- Victor Hobson.
CB- Justin Miller.
SS- Kerry Rhodes.
FS- Erik Coleman.
CB- David Barrett.
P- Ben Graham.
K- Mike Nugent.
KR/PR- Devin Hester.
LS- Joel Dreesen (I think James Dearth will leave).
Then in rounds 5-7 just get some defensive and offensive line depth, a backup TE, like Brad Butler, James Wyche, and Anthony Mix, and then a LB for depth, like Leon Williams.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#43 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Feb 19 2006, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just put DJ Shockley there because it seems the Patriots model is to draft QBs every year and see what you can get with them. They drafted Matt Cassel this year and released Rohan Davey because Davey is inaccurate. Besides I have Philip Rivers starting. He's cheap and can be cut next offseason if he doesn't work out. I'd imagine we'd be in a position to draft Brady Quinn anyway.

I value Ferguson over Young or Culter anyway. You could have Peyton Manning passing for us but if he's getting sacked because Fabini is constantly burned it's of no help to us. Fabini is the reason Pennington was injured this year again (atleast on the field, I blame Herm for letting him play at all). I also don't know if we should keep Bollinger or not. He really isn't the right size for an NFL QB and I think he'd have much better luck in the CFL.

If we were to pick a QB, I'd take Culter over the other two. Leinart doesn't have a big strong arm like Cutler and Young has odd throwing mechanics which won't help us in the immediate future. Besides that, Young won't be able to create his own throwing lanes when he runs, the windows aren't that big in the NFL.

How do we get Rivers?
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:19 AM

For QB I would prefer Vince Young. I think he's the best player besides Bush in the draft. As for us, I think we should ge D'BRick than for QB go with either Micheal Robinson or D.J. Shockley. Preferably Micheal Robinson.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#45 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:19 PM

I think the most ready starter is this Draft is D'Brickshaw Ferguson, that goes to you JerseyJet, and Vince Young will be a project, he's not a sure player.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#46 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:21 PM

we would never trade w/ the bills. the best thing we could do is just stay at 4 and draft dbrick

IPB Image

#47 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Feb 19 2006, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we would never trade w/ the bills. the best thing we could do is just stay at 4 and draft dbrick

iagree.gif Put the foundation in place before getting the franchise QB as with a solid OLine the QB will be able to make the throws. If the OLine isn't there then we will see our franchise QB (whoever that may be) on the floor a lot of the time.

#48 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Feb 19 2006, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iagree.gif Put the foundation in place before getting the franchise QB as with a solid OLine the QB will be able to make the throws. If the OLine isn't there then we will see our franchise QB (whoever that may be) on the floor a lot of the time.

But this Draft is so deep, we can hold off getting linemen till like rounda 2, hell even round 3.

#49 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Feb 19 2006, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But this Draft is so deep, we can hold off getting linemen till like rounda 2, hell even round 3.

DBrick will probably be capable of starting from day 1 whereas the guys available lower down in the draft probably won't.
Also with the QB situation I don't see Leinart or Young falling to the #4 spot. That would leave Cutler as the next best QB but he is no way worth the #4 pick. I don't like the idea of trading down and the only way I would want the FO to get another 1st rounder is by trading Abe (if not resigned).

I dont want to trade down because DBrick is a great, great prospect and a definite franchise Tackle, and as there is a hole a T we need to fill, why not pick him? Sure there are other Tackles available but none are as talented as DBrick that are coming out this year.

#50 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Feb 19 2006, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do we get Rivers?

Abe.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#51 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:45 PM

Ferguson is being compared to the likes of Orlando Pace, there is a big drop off with somebody like trueblood being solid or dbrick being amazing

IPB Image

#52 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

How many Quaterbacks that got drafted in the 1st 5 picks led thier teams to SBs? Eli Manning? Phil Rivers?
Alex Smith? Brady was a sixth round pick. I think guys in college that are studs might not have the potential to lead their teams to the big game. When was Roethlisberger drafted?
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#53 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Feb 19 2006, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many Quaterbacks that got drafted in the 1st 5 picks led thier teams to SBs? Eli Manning? Phil Rivers?
Alex Smith? Brady was a sixth round pick. I think guys in college that are studs might not have the potential to lead their teams to the big game. When was Roethlisberger drafted?

Roethlisberger went 11th overall in 2004

#54 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:30 PM

Guess what, Eli Manning has only been an NFL QB for 2 years, and when he was a rookie he wasn't starting every game. How many Ben Roethlisbergers do you think come out of the draft. Not every QB is going to lead their team to the SB in 2 years time. The 49ners are in rebuilding mode, they have to build around Smith first before they have a decent chance of making a SB run.

#55 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Feb 19 2006, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DBrick will probably be capable of starting from day 1 whereas the guys available lower down in the draft probably won't.
Also with the QB situation I don't see Leinart or Young falling to the #4 spot. That would leave Cutler as the next best QB but he is no way worth the #4 pick. I don't like the idea of trading down and the only way I would want the FO to get another 1st rounder is by trading Abe (if not resigned).

I dont want to trade down because DBrick is a great, great prospect and a definite franchise Tackle, and as there is a hole a T we need to fill, why not pick him? Sure there are other Tackles available but none are as talented as DBrick that are coming out this year.

You do make a good point, is it rather obvious that Ferguson is the most ready starter in the Draft. I wouldn't boo if we took him, I'd love him, his talent comes once a decade, but with so many holes to fill, getting extra picks might have to be they way to go, but seeing that we're rebuilding, staying where we are makes most sense.
Smedsthejet-1
Chadforpresidentin08-0. crazy.gif

#56 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

I hope every Mel Kiper of the world reads this. This isn't some scripted mock, as many are, this is a different 1 round mock......
1. Texans- D'Brickshaw Ferguson.
2. Saints- AJ Hawk.
3. Titans- Matt Leinart.
4. Jets- Reggie Bush.
5. Packers- Mario Williams.
6. Raiders- Haloti Ngata.
7. 49ers- DeAngelo Williams.
8. Bills- Winston Justice.
8. Lions- Vince Young.
10. Cardinals- Jay Cutler.
11. Rams- Michael Huff.
12. Browns- Chad Greenway.
13. Ravens- LenDale White.
14. Eagles- Santonio Holmes.
15. Falcons- Jimmy Williams.
16. Dolphins- Ko Simpson.
17. Vikings- DeMeco Ryans.
18. Cowboys- Eric Winston.
19. Chargers- Darnell Bing.
20. Chiefs- Antonio Cromatie.
21. Patriots- Ernie Simms.
22. Broncos- Tamba Hali.
23. Buccaners- Bobby Carpenter.
24. Bengals- Gabe Watson.
25. Giants- Ashton Youboty.
26. Bears- Vernon Davis.
27. Panthers- Laurence Maroney.
28. Jaguars- Tye Hill.
29. Broncos- Chad Jacks0n.
30. Colts- Thomas Howard.
31. Seahawks- Max Jean Giles.
32. Steelers- Sincorine Moss.

#57 User is offline   Cee Jay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:08 PM

Sorry to say but theres no way in hell, The Saints take AJ hawk with the 2nd overall pick.

and theres no way in hell vince young falls to the 8th overall pick

#58 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Cee Jay @ Feb 19 2006, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to say but theres no way in hell, The Saints take AJ hawk with the 2nd overall pick.

and theres no way in hell vince young falls to the 8th overall pick

Well, I think that's what teams should do, not will. I probably shoulda mentioned that...

#59 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

texans should draft bush, i dont blame them for not passing up talent like that even with dominck davis

IPB Image

#60 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:30 PM

My desired offseason wishlist:

Do whatever it takes to restore the NYJets to championship form for the 2006 season. Whatever it takes, get it done!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users