NYJetsFan.com Forums: Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Offical Mock Draft/offseason Plans Thread post your mock draft or desired off season plans here

#61 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:13 PM

Trades: Abe to KC for the 20th overall
McCariens and 07 5th rounder to Houston for 66th overall
20th overall for the Bears for 26th overall and the 88th overall (lets say Davis is still on the board)

Day 1

4th overall...Dbrickashaw Ferguson...LT....will make an immediate impact to the line and improve it

26th overall...LenDale White...RB...the jets said matin will have a reduced role next year, sounds like there looking to draft a RB

35th overall...Ashton Yubouty...CB...i think since we lost law that our CBs are in horrible shape and this guy comes from OSU who has had a series of decent CBs come out (Clements,Gamble,Springs). i think he or cromatrie could likley fall to us in the 2nd and we should take him.

66th overall...Ray Edwards...DE...with abe sure as gone we need to fill the void at DE and he could be a steal here

70th overall...Greg Eslinger...C...i think we need to draft a C this year even if Mawae isnt cut because who knows how many years he has left and he can groom Eslinger

88th overall...Rodrique Wright..DT...the fall stop here for Wright

Day 2
4th round...Drew Olson...QB...could be a steal here and looking at our future QB

4th round comp via lamont...Rob Sims..OG...a big athletic guard and will replace kendall

4th round Herm...Hank Baskett...WR...terrific hands and a great WR, will likley be avaible here

5th round....Leon Willams...LB...we likley will draft a LB in the later rounds if we switch to 3-4

6th round...Rashon Powers Neal..FB...some say askew is to injury prone and we need a FB since we cut sowell

7th round...OL depth

7th round...OL depth

IPB Image

#62 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Feb 27 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
20th overall for the Bears for 26th overall and the 88th overall (lets say Davis is still on the board)

Day 1

4th overall...Dbrickashaw Ferguson...LT....will make an immediate impact to the line and improve it

26th overall...LenDale White...RB...the jets said matin will have a reduced role next year, sounds like there looking to draft a RB

35th overall...Ashton Yubouty...CB...i think since we lost law that our CBs are in horrible shape and this guy comes from OSU who has had a series of decent CBs come out (Clements,Gamble,Springs). i think he or cromatrie could likley fall to us in the 2nd and we should take him.

66th overall...Ray Edwards...DE...with abe sure as gone we need to fill the void at DE and he could be a steal here

70th overall...Greg Eslinger...C...i think we need to draft a C this year even if Mawae isnt cut because who knows how many years he has left and he can groom Eslinger

Day 2
4th round...Drew Olson...QB...could be a steal here and looking at our future QB

4th round comp via lamont...Rob Sims..OG...a big athletic guard and will replace kendall

4th round Herm...Hank Baskett...WR...terrific hands and a great WR, will likley be avaible here

5th round....Leon Willams...LB...we likley will draft a LB in the later rounds if we switch to 3-4

6th round...Rashon Powers Neal..FB...some say askew is to injury prone and we need a FB since we cut sowell

7th round...OL depth

7th round...OL depth

God damn woman, that sounds really good to me. I just don't think White would fall that far down, but that's good. A grade in my book. beach.gif
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#63 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:13 AM

I agree, but we should'nt draft that Rashon Powers. We should spend that on a nice trade for and O-Lineman or a TE or something or draft a WR. We could draft Brian Leonard next year!
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#64 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Mar 4 2006, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, but we should'nt draft that Rashon Powers. We should spend that on a nice trade for and O-Lineman or a TE or something or draft a WR. We could draft Brian Leonard next year!

Yeah, I'd like Leonard, it's just that if we don't draft a FB this year, it only Askew, who is injured alot and we could just use some other guy there for this year.
Anyway, what if this were to happen (I'm just doing a Draft)...
Trades:
Trade Abe to the Lions for the 9th overall.
Trade the 9th overall and a 3rd (71 overall) to the Broncos for 2 firsts.
Trade both of Denver's firsts and a 2007 second round pick to the Houston Texans for the #1 overall pick.
Trade Justin McCareins to the Steelers for their 2nd round pick.
#1- Reggie Bush (Runningback) USC.
#4- D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT) Virginia.
#35- Brodie Croyle (QB) Alabama.
#64- Darryl Tapp (Defensive End) VT.
3rd round compensation from Oakland via LaMont Jordan- Rodrique Wright (DT) Texas.
#100- Fred Mutua (OG) USC.
#116- Greg Eslinger (Center) Minnesota.
4th round compensation for Kareem Mackenzie- Brandon Williams (WR) Wisconsin.
#132- Lawrence Vickers (FB) Colorado.
#164- James Wyche (DE) Syracuse.
#196- Leon Williams (LB) Miami.
#201- Tommy Jackson (DT) Auburn.

QB- Chad Pennington/Brodie Croyle.
RB- Reggie Bush/Curtis Martin.
FB- BJ Askew/Lawrence Vickers.
WR1- Laveranues Coles/Brandon Williams.
WR2- Jerricho Cotchery/Dante Ridgeway.
TE- Chris Baker.
OT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
OG- Brandon Moore.
C- Greg Eslinger.
OG- Fred Mutua.
OT- Adrian Jones.

DE- Shaun Ellis.
DT- Dewayne Robertson.
NT- Rodrique Wright.
DE- Byran Thomas/Darryl Tapp.
OLB- Eric Barton.
MLB- Jonathan Vilma.
OLB- Victor Hobson.
CB1- Justin Miller.
SS- Kerry Rhodes.
FS- Erik Coleman.
CB2- David Barrett.

K- Mike Nugent.
P- Ben Graham.
KR/PR- Reggie Bush.
LS- Joel Dreesen.
Is this a dream?
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#65 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Mar 4 2006, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I'd like Leonard, it's just that if we don't draft a FB this year, it only Askew, who is injured alot and we could just use some other guy there for this year.
Anyway, what if this were to happen (I'm just doing a Draft)...
Trades:
Trade Abe to the Lions for the 9th overall.
Trade the 9th overall and a 3rd (71 overall) to the Broncos for 2 firsts.
Trade both of Denver's firsts and a 2007 second round pick to the Houston Texans for the #1 overall pick.
Trade Justin McCareins to the Steelers for their 2nd round pick.
#1- Reggie Bush (Runningback) USC.
#4- D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT) Virginia.
#35- Brodie Croyle (QB) Alabama.
#64- Darryl Tapp (Defensive End) VT.
3rd round compensation from Oakland via LaMont Jordan- Rodrique Wright (DT) Texas.
#100- Fred Mutua (OG) USC.
#116- Greg Eslinger (Center) Minnesota.
4th round compensation for Kareem Mackenzie- Brandon Williams (WR) Wisconsin.
#132- Lawrence Vickers (FB) Colorado.
#164- James Wyche (DE) Syracuse.
#196- Leon Williams (LB) Miami.
#201- Tommy Jackson (DT) Auburn.

QB- Chad Pennington/Brodie Croyle.
RB- Reggie Bush/Curtis Martin.
FB- BJ Askew/Lawrence Vickers.
WR1- Laveranues Coles/Brandon Williams.
WR2- Jerricho Cotchery/Dante Ridgeway.
TE- Chris Baker.
OG- Brandon Moore.
C- Greg Eslinger.
OG- Fred Mutua.
OT- Adrian Jones.

DE- Shaun Ellis.
DT- Dewayne Robertson.
NT- Rodrique Wright.
DE- Byran Thomas/Darryl Tapp.
OLB- Eric Barton.
MLB- Jonathan Vilma.
OLB- Victor Hobson.
CB1- Justin Miller.
SS- Kerry Rhodes.
FS- Erik Coleman.
CB2- David Barrett.

K- Mike Nugent.
P- Ben Graham.
KR/PR- Reggie Bush.
LS- Joel Dreesen.
Is this a dream?

I think so - there are too many trades for that to work out and we'd be giving up too many picks. No way do we get a 2nd for JMac, especially from Pitt as they are in no real need of a WR even though Randle El is probably gone. Also I dont see us having 3 rookies starting on the OLine next year, I think we bring in a FA guard or let Jonatahn Goodwin start

#66 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Mar 4 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think so - there are too many trades for that to work out and we'd be giving up too many picks. No way do we get a 2nd for JMac, especially from Pitt as they are in no real need of a WR even though Randle El is probably gone. Also I dont see us having 3 rookies starting on the OLine next year, I think we bring in a FA guard or let Jonatahn Goodwin start

Yeah, I think that'd be the thing, just way too many trades pin that plan down, which isn't very smart.
But I've heard the Steelers are interested in a WR, Randel is gone, and though Hines Ward isn't old, he's not very young. Plus, it's not like they'd get alt from this Draft even with their first, but to get a good, young yet fairly cheap WR for a second is pretty good.
But I don't think that's giving up too many picks. Most of the needs were covered, think, a future RB, a future OT, a good backup QB, a fairly good guard, a good, fast DT that can cog the middle, and a good DE, not to mention a good center, too.
Not to mention, nxt year, suppose we need a new QB if Croyle and Chad falter, get Brady Quinn, and the next concern would be offensive line, which we could easily address in round 3. In the long run, it'd work out very well.

#67 User is offline   Cee Jay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

My first time ever trying to put together a mock draft.

i've got 2 of them, i'd like to hear what you guys think..

First..

1st round : OT D'brickashaw Ferguson Virginia
1st round : RB Lendale White (from detriot) USC
2nd round : DT Gabe Watson Michigan
3rd round : QB Omar Jacobs bowling green
3rd round : C Greg Eslinger (via lamont jordan) minnesota
4th round : CB Kelly Jennings Miami
4th round : DE Frostee Rucker ( from KC for herm) USC
5th round : FB Lawrence Vickers Colorado
6th round : ???
7th round : ???

or...

1st round : Jay Cutler Vanderbilt
1st round : RB Lendale White (from detriot) USC
2nd round : DT Gabe Watson Michigan
3rd round : OG Taitusi Lutui USC
3rd round : C Greg Eslinger (via lamont jordan) minnesota
4th round : CB Kelly Jennings Miami
4th round : WR Brandon Williams ( from KC for herm ) Wisconsin
5th round : FB Lawrence Vickers Colorado
6th round : ???
7th round : ???

#68 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

I like #1 the most, if you just replace Jacobs with Croyle, it's perfect.

#69 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

Pennington pays iagree.gif with what u said bout the draft.. that was very good analysis and a way to somehow salvage the team. musta done ltos of research for that one good job man i was very interested and thought all those were great ideas cept they not cuttin kendall so that sux

Chad= Cheerleader

#70 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

A new one...
Trades:
Abe and our second for both of Denver's firsts (#22 and 29).
#4 to the Raiders for #7 and #40.

Signings:
QB Josh McCown.

Draft:
#7-D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT) Virginia: This guy is an absolute beast, I've heard he's gained around 10-15 pounds for those worried about size.
#22- LenDale White (RB) USC: He falls, since the Ravens realize one of two things A: DeAngleo Williams is a better prospect or B: Chester Taylor is a good player and they can just draft a RB later on. Either way, the Jets are happy and gladly take him.
#29- Gabe Watson (DT) Michigan: This is something the Jets really needed on the defensive line, a 339 pound beast to allow Vilma and company to make plays.

#40- Max-Gean Jiles (OG) Georgia: The Jets need to solidify their interior line, and I think the Jets would jump the gun on this pick.

#71- Maurice Stovall (WR) Notre Dame- I think that the Jets need some WR help, and a really big one to go to on deep routes. Well ta-da, here's your man.
3rd round comp pick from Oakland via LaMont Jordan- Ray Edwards (DE) Purdue- Just in case Byran Thomas isn't doing good.

#100- Greg Eslinger © Minnesota: Mawae's replacement is a good one.
#116- Freg Mutua (OG) USC- I think we need to concentrate on straightening out our offensive line, and getting some players for depth, even in round 4, can help.

#132- Lawrence Vickers (FB) Colorado- Askew is injury prone, so getting a FB wouldn't hurt at all, and would start right away.
5th round comp pick from NYG via Kareem Mackenzie- James Wyche (DE) Syracuse- Just for depth.

#164- Leon Williams (LB) Miami: Just for depth.

#196- Anthony Mix (TE/WR) Auburn- I like his type, can play either WR or TE in the later rounds. He can be for depth since at least 1 of our TEs will leave (better not be Baker).
#201- Justin Wyatt (CB) USC- Just for depth, could be a special teamer.

Offense:
QB- Chad Pennington/Josh McCown.
HB- Curtis Martin/LenDale White.
FB- BJ Askew.
WR1- Laveranues Coles*Justin McCareins/Jerricho Cotchery
WR2- Justin McCareins/Jerricho Cotchery (let 'em duke it out)* Maurice Stovall.
TE- Chris Baker.
OG- Max Gean-Jiles/Pete Kendall.
C- Greg Eslinger.
OG- Brandon Moore.
OT- Adrian Jones.
(Now take a moment to look at that line).

Defense:
DE- Shaun Ellis.
NT- Gabe Watson.
DT- Dewayne Robertson.
DE- Byran Thomas/Ray Edwards.
OLB- Victor Hobson.
MLB- Jonathan Vilma.
OLB- Eric Barton.
CB1- Justin Miller*Derrick Strait.
CB2- David Barrett*Darrien Johnson/Justin Wyatt.
SS- Kerry Rhodes.
FS- Erik Coleman.

K- Mike Nugent.
P- Ben Graham.
KR/PR- Justin Miller.
LS- Joel Dreesen (if Dearth is released, if not, then Dearth).
Whaddya think?

#71 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

ok i haven't looke dup all the picks but i agree with u guys on most part But i think JustIN MCCAIRINES HAS GOT TO GO so if u can trade him for a 3rd or 4th that would be good. Besides that I just wanan name some peopkle the Jets should get by round

1st D'Brick
1st(from abraham trade) Vernin Davis TE MARYLAND-how bout that a physical phenom with great hands and hes strong so would be a great pass target and no worries on resigneing baker-also te part of line so two for one deal
2nd BEST AVAILABLE CB- might steal one projected 1st round or get a good one here to replace law
3RD Maurice Drew rb ucla
3rd Miles Austin WR MONMOUTH
4th drew owlsen qb-ucla-I think hes highly underrated and can make a big impact with his great pass talent plus reunited with his fellow ucla running back will make him more comfortable as a rookie.
4th a defensive end to replace abraham
5ht o line
6th RECEIVER OR D BACK
7th o line
7th o line or best available offensive skill player

Chad= Cheerleader

#72 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Mar 11 2006, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new one...
Trades:
Abe and our second for both of Denver's firsts (#22 and 29).
#4 to the Raiders for #7 and #40.

Signings:
QB Josh McCown.

Draft:
#7-D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT) Virginia: This guy is an absolute beast, I've heard he's gained around 10-15 pounds for those worried about size.
#22- LenDale White (RB) USC: He falls, since the Ravens realize one of two things A: DeAngleo Williams is a better prospect or B: Chester Taylor is a good player and they can just draft a RB later on. Either way, the Jets are happy and gladly take him.
#29- Gabe Watson (DT) Michigan: This is something the Jets really needed on the defensive line, a 339 pound beast to allow Vilma and company to make plays.

#40- Max-Gean Jiles (OG) Georgia: The Jets need to solidify their interior line, and I think the Jets would jump the gun on this pick.

#71- Maurice Stovall (WR) Notre Dame- I think that the Jets need some WR help, and a really big one to go to on deep routes. Well ta-da, here's your man.
3rd round comp pick from Oakland via LaMont Jordan- Ray Edwards (DE) Purdue- Just in case Byran Thomas isn't doing good.

#100- Greg Eslinger © Minnesota: Mawae's replacement is a good one.
#116- Freg Mutua (OG) USC- I think we need to concentrate on straightening out our offensive line, and getting some players for depth, even in round 4, can help.

#132- Lawrence Vickers (FB) Colorado- Askew is injury prone, so getting a FB wouldn't hurt at all, and would start right away.
5th round comp pick from NYG via Kareem Mackenzie- James Wyche (DE) Syracuse- Just for depth.

#164- Leon Williams (LB) Miami: Just for depth.

#196- Anthony Mix (TE/WR) Auburn- I like his type, can play either WR or TE in the later rounds. He can be for depth since at least 1 of our TEs will leave (better not be Baker).
#201- Justin Wyatt (CB) USC- Just for depth, could be a special teamer.

Offense:
QB- Chad Pennington/Josh McCown.
HB- Curtis Martin/LenDale White.
FB- BJ Askew.
WR1- Laveranues Coles*Justin McCareins/Jerricho Cotchery
WR2- Justin McCareins/Jerricho Cotchery (let 'em duke it out)* Maurice Stovall.
TE- Chris Baker.
OG- Max Gean-Jiles/Pete Kendall.
C- Greg Eslinger.
OG- Brandon Moore.
OT- Adrian Jones.
(Now take a moment to look at that line).

Defense:
DE- Shaun Ellis.
NT- Gabe Watson.
DT- Dewayne Robertson.
DE- Byran Thomas/Ray Edwards.
OLB- Victor Hobson.
MLB- Jonathan Vilma.
OLB- Eric Barton.
CB1- Justin Miller*Derrick Strait.
CB2- David Barrett*Darrien Johnson/Justin Wyatt.
SS- Kerry Rhodes.
FS- Erik Coleman.

K- Mike Nugent.
P- Ben Graham.
KR/PR- Justin Miller.
LS- Joel Dreesen (if Dearth is released, if not, then Dearth).
Whaddya think?

pretty good, not sure giles or stovall will be there, if we do get a WR i would want it early day 2. love the mcnown signing, anything is better than ramsey.

IPB Image

#73 User is offline   MNJET Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

Now we have issues...with Brees signing in New Orleans, they could scoop up D'Brickashaw Ferguson at #2!?! If so, best bet to trade down and grab LenDale White or Antonio Cromartie near the middle of the first round. Keep JMac or find a big target in middle rounds, if Ferguson is gone, little 1st round OL talent

#74 User is offline   latinangel5439 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:26 AM

An updated mock draft from a sports site...thought I'd share...

1. Houston Texans - HB Reggie Bush (USC)...Bush is the pick unless the Texans are involved in a Draft day trade.

2. New York Jets TRADE (from New Orleans) - QB Matt Leinart (USC)...The Jets send their second in '06 and their third in '07 to the Saints in a Draft Day Trade to move up and take the QB that they covet Matt Leinart...the Jets aren't sure about Pennington's arm and acquired Patrick Ramsey as veteran insurance...the Jets will still have a second round pick in this Draft (Atlanta's pick # 47) if they complete the trade with the Falcons involving John Abraham.

3. Tennessee Titans - QB Jay Cutler (Tennessee)...The Titans wanted Leinart but weren't willing to part with their second round pick to make the move up since their third round pick went to the Bills for Travis Henry.

4. New Orleans TRADE (from New York Jets) - OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia)...The Saints are happy that they found a trading partner to move down and still land the Prospect they were targeting.

5. Green Bay Packers - DE Mario Williams (No Carolina State)...The Packers have a tough decision..Hawk or Williams.

6. San Francisco 49'ers - OLB A.J. Hawk (Ohio State)...The Niners need a replacement for Julian Peterson.

7. Oakland Raiders - QB Vince Young (Texas)...The Raiders were hoping that Cutler fell to them...Young is second choice.

8. Buffalo Bills - DT Haloti Ngata (Oregon)...The Bills need to find a starting LT, a big DT and a Safety in this Draft.

9. Detroit Lions - S/CB Michael Huff (Texas)...Huff is just what the doctor ordered for the Lions defense.

10. Arizona Cardinals - TE Vernon (Maryland)...Vernon Davis will give the Cardinals another weapon in their arsenal.

11. St. Louis Rams - CB Tye Hill (Clemson)....The Rams fill one of their biggest needs in their secondary.

12. Cleveland Browns - DT Broderick Bunkley (Florida St)...Bunkley can relieve Ted Washington at NT on passing downs.

13. Baltimore Ravens - OT Winston Justice (USC)...The Ravens fill a huge need at the right tackle position.

14. Philadelphia Eagles - HB LenDale White (USC)...White is the big chain-moving back that the Eagles have been looking for but if the Draft falls this way, the Eagles could be looking to trade down...taking a LB'er like Ernie Sims is also possible.

15. Denver Broncos (from Atlanta)- HB Laurence Maroney (Minnesota)...The Broncos are reportedly looking to move up from this spot and are targeting a QB...but a one cut back like Maroney would fit perfectly into the Broncos scheme and replace Mike Anderson who left in Free Agency...Tatum Bell's durability is also a concern.

16. Miami Dolphins - CB Antonio Cromartie (Florida State)...The Dolphins blew up their secondary and now add another piece in the rebuilding process.

17. Minnesota Vikings - OLB Ernie Sims (Florida State)...The team has been looking for a play-maker at the Linebacker position...they may also make a play to move up in this Draft and land a young QB to groom behind Johnson.

18. Dallas Cowboys - S/CB Jason Allen (Tennessee)...If OT Justice is on the board he's the pick...the Cowboys could trade out

19. San Diego Chargers - WR Santonio Holmes (Ohio State)...They would like to add a Cb in this Draft but they have a shot at the pick of the litter at the Receiver position...a WR that can stretch a defense would help the Chargers offense.

20. Kansas City Chiefs - DE Mathius Kiwanuka (Boston College)...The Chiefs just missed out on Santonio Holmes and they will be using more Cover 2 under Herman Edwards so a CB isn't as high a priority as a DE that can fly off the edge.

21. New England Patriots - OLB Manny Lawson (North Carolina St.)...The Pats have found Willie McGinest's replacement.

22. Denver Broncos (from Wash) - WR Chad Jackson (Florida)...The Broncos fill a huge need at the receiver position.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Ashton Youboty (Ohio State)...The team needs help at OT...but none are worthy here.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - DT Gabe Watson (Michigan)...Watson is a space-eater and the best DT in the Draft when motivated.

25. New York Giants - OLB Chad Greenway (Iowa)...The Giants didn't expect Greenway to fall this far.

26. Chicago Bears - TE Leonard Pope (Georgia)...Pope would bring an added dimension to the Bears offense and a TE that could stretch the field vertically and provide a big red-zone target for Rex Grossman.

27. Carolina Panthers - HB DeAngelo Williams (Memphis)...The Panthers are shocked but happy that Williams is here.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars - OLB Thomas Howard (UTEP)...The Jags love the speed that Howard will bring to the team.

29. New York Jets (from Denver) - C Nick Mangold (Ohio State)...Mangold will fill the void left by Kevin Mawae's departure in Free Agency.

30. Indianapolis Colts - OLB DeMeco Ryans (Alabama)...The Colts lost OLB David Thornton to the Titans in Free Agency.

31. Seattle Seahawks - OG Davin Joseph (Oklahoma)...The team takes what some feel is the best OG in the Draft...Joseph will replace Steve Hutchinson and is the type of Guard that will fit best in the Seahawks scheme.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - WR Sinorice Moss (Miami-Florida)...The Steelers lost Randle-El to the Redskins in Free Agency so they are looking for a return man and a WR to replace him...Moss may be short...but he has a "difference maker" label attached to him.
IPB Image
Classic pic!

#75 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (latinangel5439 @ Mar 22 2006, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An updated mock draft from a sports site...thought I'd share...

2. New York Jets TRADE (from New Orleans) - QB Matt Leinart (USC)...The Jets send their second in '06 and their third in '07 to the Saints in a Draft Day Trade to move up and take the QB that they covet Matt Leinart...the Jets aren't sure about Pennington's arm and acquired Patrick Ramsey as veteran insurance...the Jets will still have a second round pick in this Draft (Atlanta's pick # 47) if they complete the trade with the Falcons involving John Abraham.

4. New Orleans TRADE (from New York Jets) - OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia)...The Saints are happy that they found a trading partner to move down and still land the Prospect they were targeting.

29. New York Jets (from Denver) - C Nick Mangold (Ohio State)...Mangold will fill the void left by Kevin Mawae's departure in Free Agency.

If we were to trade up I see the Saints wanting the #4 and #29 picks, not the #4, our 2nd this year and third in '07.

Why does everyone say the Saints will take DBrick when they got a tackle last year with the #13 pick - Jamaal Brown. They have way too many other needs than T and will probably go with either Mario Williams or AJ Hawk as their D needs a major upgrade.

I like the Mangold pick at #29 if hes there.

#76 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:36 AM

Trades:
Our 5th rounder (#132) to the Browns for center Jeff Faine.
Our first (#4) to the Vikings for their first(#17) and seconds (#49 and #51).

#17- LenDale White RB USC: We'll need to find an heir to Martin's fortune (well now unfortune) and this guy can do it. Might have a better career than Bush seeing he has more NFL player like traits, since Bush might not be able to pull of all those moves sice he will be contained more.
#29- Max Gean-Jiles OG Georgia: Will help us in the middle of the line, can replace Kendall.
#35- Jonathan Scott OT Texas: Here's your replacement for Fabini. He's got good size at 316 and has very long arms.
#49- Gabe Watson DT Michigan: He's 339 pounds, and for, 3-4 or 4-3, that's really all we need. Will pave the way for Vilma and company to get in the backfield on running plays and on blitzes.
#51- Darryl Tapp DE/OLB VTech: Is a tweener between OLB/DE, so if we unfortunately switch to a 3-4, we have a weapon. Can be our future backup and start if Thomas fails. And I know we have Kimo, but this might be his last year.
#71- Kelly Jennings CB Miami: Can give either Miller or Barrett a run for their money if they struggle, has good speed.
3rd round comp pick from Oakland via LaMon Jordan- Fred Mutua OG USC: This guy can play center too I think, he makes for a good backup and as e saw last year, you can never get enough of that.
#100- Jason Avant WR Michigan: The Jets felt just picking this guy up would be smart, has good size and speed. Dwight is more of a KR/PR, so we get this guy to make catches.
#116- Jessie Mahelona DT Tennessee: Our other DTs aren't too good, so we ge this guy to start and backup.
#196- Leon Williams LB Miami: A good choice for depth.
#201- Anthony Mix WR/TE Auburn: Very vesatile and has good speed, I like his type.

#77 User is offline   silversword55 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Football, Video Games, Hip-Hop, R&amp;B, and Reggae music

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (penningtonpays @ Feb 27 2006, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Day 1

Day 2

7th round...OL depth

7th round...OL depth

Can you say, that would be the greatest draft in Jets history if they indeed draft those players man!

So many options. beach.gif

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Mar 25 2006, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trades:
Our 5th rounder (#132) to the Browns for center Jeff Faine.
Our first (#4) to the Vikings for their first(#17) and seconds (#49 and #51).

#17- LenDale White RB USC: We'll need to find an heir to Martin's fortune (well now unfortune) and this guy can do it. Might have a better career than Bush seeing he has more NFL player like traits, since Bush might not be able to pull of all those moves sice he will be contained more.
#29- Max Gean-Jiles OG Georgia: Will help us in the middle of the line, can replace Kendall.
#35- Jonathan Scott OT Texas: Here's your replacement for Fabini. He's got good size at 316 and has very long arms.
#49- Gabe Watson DT Michigan: He's 339 pounds, and for, 3-4 or 4-3, that's really all we need. Will pave the way for Vilma and company to get in the backfield on running plays and on blitzes.
#51- Darryl Tapp DE/OLB VTech: Is a tweener between OLB/DE, so if we unfortunately switch to a 3-4, we have a weapon. Can be our future backup and start if Thomas fails. And I know we have Kimo, but this might be his last year.
#71- Kelly Jennings CB Miami: Can give either Miller or Barrett a run for their money if they struggle, has good speed.
3rd round comp pick from Oakland via LaMon Jordan- Fred Mutua OG USC: This guy can play center too I think, he makes for a good backup and as e saw last year, you can never get enough of that.
#100- Jason Avant WR Michigan: The Jets felt just picking this guy up would be smart, has good size and speed. Dwight is more of a KR/PR, so we get this guy to make catches.
#116- Jessie Mahelona DT Tennessee: Our other DTs aren't too good, so we ge this guy to start and backup.
#196- Leon Williams LB Miami: A good choice for depth.
#201- Anthony Mix WR/TE Auburn: Very vesatile and has good speed, I like his type.

That would be fantastic!

#78 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

A one basically identical to the before one:
Trades:
Our 5th (#132) to the Browns for center Jeff Faine.
Our first (#4) to the Broncos for both of their firsts (#15 and #22).

#15- LenDale White RB USC: This is your future to Martin, he is a powerful, bruising back that was overshadowed by Reggie Bush. This guy is for real, and might be more NFL ready than Bush actually.
#22- Gabe Watson DT Michigan: We need to get a big body in the middle, where we play 3-4 or 4-3, and this guy is 339 pounds of big body.If we rightfully stay in a 4-3, he will open up lanes for Robertson, Vilma, Hobson, and Barton to get in the backfield on blitzes.
#29- Max Gean-Jiles OG Georgia: This guy is stronger than hell and is HUGE (though he could lose 5-10 pounds, as those extra pounds may be the reason for slower feet) and will replace Kendall.
#35- Jonathan Scott OT Texas: He has good size and has the ability to gain weight, unlike others;possess long arms and quick feet. Paved the way for Vince Young.
#71- Ray Edwards DE Purdue: Can give Thomas a run for his money and can start. He's a natural pass rusher like Abe.
3rd round comp pick from Oakland via LaMont Jordan- Kelly Jennings CB Miami: Has great speed, if either Barrett or Miller show some of that inconsistency they showed last year, they can't do it for long, because this guy could go in and make sure they won't.
#100- Fred Mutua OG USC: This guy is a great backup to have, if I'm not mistaken he can also play center. As we saw last year, you can never have enough line depth. Ask the Patriots that, too.
#116- Jason Avant WR Michigan: Has good size, speed, and hands. He can be our deep threat, while Tim Dwight can be primarily a KR/PR, and Avant the deep theat we need.
#196- Leon Williams LB Miami- We could use some depth at LB with the loss of Mark Brown and getting Matt Chatham as a replacement.
#201- Anthony Mix WR/TE Auburn: Has good speed, is a WR and TE which is unique, and I like that.

#79 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:03 AM

kelly jennings is sort of like phillip buchannon i think, idk if thats a good thing or bad.

IPB Image

#80 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:22 AM

1st Round
- D'Brickashaw Ferguson LT UVA
- Nick Mangold C Ohio State
2nd Round
- Antonio Cromartie CB FSU
3rd Round
- Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green
- Maurice Drew RB UCLA (Drew might not last this long...)
4th Round
- Marques Hagans WR/QB Virgina
- Insert DT/OL
5th Round
- Leon Williams LB Miami
7th Round
- Marques Colston WR Hofstra

That gives the offense a major upgrade and some serious weapons to use right away. Maurice Drew can also handle the return game. It doesn't really get much depth on the offensive line though...and pretty much leaves the NT spot still empty. Next year a guard would have to be taken but overall I think this is good...hopefully Pope/Robertson/Pouha can handle the DT position for now.
Posted Image

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users