NYJetsFan.com Forums: Is Vinny A Hall Of Famer - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Is Vinny A Hall Of Famer

#21 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Cmart28Abe94 @ May 15 2005, 10:27 AM)
u no wut GO *beep* URSELF.  U not bakin dat shit up wit nuttin u say he wasnt a good QB jus cuz of his ratin.  all QB's hav their strengths. theres guys lik young montana an pennington in this day that throw for good percentage passin.  Then u got Vinny Marino an Culpepper who hav their strengths in TD passes an yards an shit lik dat.  an ill name vinnys grate years
1995- he did good for only playin 13 games
2001- he still got his team to the playoffs
2004 was decent but he threw for a lot of yards

Interceptions was his only problem.  Evry QB has 1 problem. Noones perfect.  Vinny kuld of had more other grate years but they wer cut short cuz of injury

coula shoulda woulda..he doesnt belong in the hall of fame, get over it

#22 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

Well his stats do stand up, and that's why I'll say YES. He got the Jets pretty far, there was the Monday Night Miracle, in which he threw 236 yards and 4TD in the last quarter. He has over 40,000 passing yards, everyone that does who's eligable for the Hall of Fame got there, he got quite a bit of TDs, but does throw a lot of INT. But so does Favre, I'd say Favre throws more, yet he is easily a Hall of Famer, so Vinny is in there, barely.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#23 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

Cmart why should he go *beep* himself? He was trying to help you, not attack you. Lighten up man.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#24 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

Vinny is nothing more than a solid QB who was fortunate enough to play for 18 seasons, he was nothing special and the fact that some people think he is a Hall of Famer is just funny.

#25 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

I don't think he's a Hall of Famer because he played too many years without being the best. He never was even the best QB in the league in any of his years in the NFL. I think a Hall of Fame QB should at least be the best QB for a few years in his respective Conference.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#26 Guest_Cmart28Abe94_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ May 15 2005, 12:05 PM)
Well his stats do stand up, and that's why I'll say YES. He got the Jets pretty far, there was the Monday Night Miracle, in which he threw 236 yards and 4TD in the last quarter. He has over 40,000 passing yards, everyone that does who's eligable for the Hall of Fame got there, he got quite a bit of TDs, but does throw a lot of INT. But so does Favre, I'd say Favre throws more, yet he is easily a Hall of Famer, so Vinny is in there, barely.

Thank You. Now i no we got some real Jets Fans on da board instead of these *beep*in faggets who think they no footbal. u ppl who say he doesnt hav a chance shuld not be able to wach the game of footbal. u *beep*in pretender footbal fans only think hall of famers hav to be these stand out guys. THEY DUNT. Vinny iz grate jus lik evry other HOF thats y Vinny belongs in da HOF

#27 Guest_Cmart28Abe94_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (HermIsMyHero @ May 15 2005, 03:21 PM)
I don't think he's a Hall of Famer because he played too many years without being the best. He never was even the best QB in the league in any of his years in the NFL. I think a Hall of Fame QB should at least be the best QB for a few years in his respective Conference.

Steve Young was only the best For one year an hes in the HOF and hes still a grate QB who deserved hiz HOF induction but u dunt hav to be the best for a while. U jus hav ta be a grate player with grate number. an thats wut Vinny has. Now im not sayin hes the best but hes grate enough an worthy of the HOF.

#28 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:46 PM

I could buy him getting in if he was a starter the next five years and still finished with a seventy something career QB rating. By then he would be top five in almost every category and would have one of the longer starting careers of any player. But that isn't going to happen.

Still, I think some players get blown off for just having a really long, solid career. At some point, length of career should be a factor. How much? I don't know for sure, but I think it should be.

And one other thing, if Bledsoe ever gets in (and some people think he will), then Vinny should be in. Bledsoe is a horrible (okay, slightly-less-than-average) QB who has had good offenses and still not been great.

#29 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

CMart, your responses demonstrate that you are the one who is clueless when it comes to football.

You call those rationale fans of this site who disagree with you "pretenders" diminishes your points. Look at the stats, please. As mentioned before, Jeff George has a better career completion %, TD-Int ratio, completion average, and QB rating than Vinny. You compare Vinny to Steve Young, who has had 7 seasons better than Vinny's best season in 1998.

Then there's ChadforPresident08, who I hope was not serious when he compared Vinny to Favre. Favre's stats are better than Vinny's across the board. I'm a Jets fan, but I also am an objective observer of the NFL, and if Cmart was an objective observer, he would not persist in his argument that Vinny is a Hall of Famer.

Finally, Vinny does not have great numbers. He has had one good year (in 1998) and has accumulated the yardage simply by being in the NFL for 18 years.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#30 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:00 PM

dude cmart.....learn how to spell. what the hell is grate? do u mean great?

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#31 Guest_Cmart28Abe94_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (extmenace @ May 15 2005, 04:35 PM)
dude cmart.....learn how to spell. what the hell is grate? do u mean great?

HEY Y DUNT U SHUT DA *beep* UP fagget

#32 Guest_Cmart28Abe94_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (SMC @ May 15 2005, 04:25 PM)
CMart, your responses demonstrate that you are the one who is clueless when it comes to football. 

You call those rationale fans of this site who disagree with you "pretenders" diminishes your points.  Look at the stats, please.  As mentioned before, Jeff George has a better career completion %,  TD-Int ratio, completion average, and QB rating than Vinny.  You compare Vinny to Steve Young, who has had 7 seasons better than Vinny's best season in 1998.

Then there's ChadforPresident08, who I hope was not serious when he compared Vinny to Favre.  Favre's stats are better than Vinny's across the board.  I'm a Jets fan, but I also am an objective observer of the NFL, and if Cmart was an objective observer, he would not persist in his argument that Vinny is a Hall of Famer.

Finally, Vinny does not have great numbers.  He has had one good year (in 1998) and has accumulated the yardage simply by being in the NFL for 18 years.

Hey u *beep*in dushbag ass *beep*. Jus cuz we tru Jet fans an u no *beep*in shit abut footbal an we no more an alot. U dunt even deserve ta post. so y dunt u go *beep*in cry an jerk off about how Jeff George iz actually good. He suks, hes a 1st round bust. he had only 2 decent seasons. ur a discrace to all the Jet fans on this board. Im here tryin to be freindly to talk about Jets footbal an wen i hav one opinion about somtin yall be jumpin up on me. Jus leave this board 4 tru Jet fans cuz u jus som fagget ass pretender mutha *beep*a.

#33 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

Cmart, don't give me this garbage about being a true Jets fan. You say you're trying to be friendly, but you curse at everyone who disagrees with you. I'm not leaving and I won't tell you to leave. This guy's a "fagget" or "dushbag" is really juvenile and guys who are 12 years old on this forum have acted like adults, so should you. All I ask is that you show a smidgen of maturity in your posts.

By the way, I've forgotten more football then you'll ever know and it's irrational fans like yourself that give Jets fans a bad name. Do me a favor, learn some football before you spurt your venemous nonsense on this board. Your Vinny is a Hall of Famer has no basis in fact and other members have called you on it.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#34 Guest_Cmart28Abe94_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (SMC @ May 15 2005, 05:16 PM)
Cmart, don't give me this garbage about being a true Jets fan.  You say you're trying to be friendly, but you curse at everyone who disagrees with you.  I'm not leaving and I won't tell you to leave.  This guy's a "fagget" or "dushbag" is really juvenile and guys who are 12 years old on this forum have acted like adults, so should you.  All I ask is that you show a smidgen of maturity in your posts. 

By the way, I've forgotten more football then you'll ever know and it's irrational fans like yourself that give Jets fans a bad name.  Do me a favor, learn some football before you spurt your venemous nonsense on this board.  Your Vinny is a Hall of Famer has no basis in fact and other members have called you on it.

UR WRONG. u giv Jet Fans a bad name i no more footbal than u will ever no an im freindly to evryone that repects me. not pretender Jet fans lik u. so stop startin shit im prolly the biggest Jet fan on this board U HAV NO *beep*IN CLUE

#35 Guest_Cmart28Abe94_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

i am sry to all the other real jet fans on this board but we need to get rid of this pretender SMC. he has no respect for anyone an nos shit about footbal. hes prolly one of those faggots who tailgates the game while not even havin a ticket to the game an not even knowin anything about the jets. i hav no problems with anyone else jus this faggot who thinks Jeff George iz betta than Vinny.

#36 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

Whoa guys, this is starting to get more geared into who are jerks around here, let me talk about that then the Vinny and Favre thing.
CMART28ABE94, I think you're really cool, you can easily be a great addition here which I really think you are, but I think you should really stop swearing at everyone, as SMC said, that makes us look bad. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you have to blow a fuse, that will happen at pretty much every thread. Just don't do that and people will realize how cool you can really be. Remeber, if we aren't banned we are true Jet fans.
SMC, I understand you like it when people spell correctly, and I do too, and I try my best to do so. But there are a lot of others, and don't make CMART28ABE94 an example, you can find many. SDLJets and MikeGangGreenFan2 (Honey) are two great guys, but they miss-spell quite a few words, but do we insult them> No. Which is good, those 2 are 2 of my favorites around here. It's okay to misspell some words, butdon't crazy, and you shouldn't always do that CMART28ABE94, just a few that make it easy, like instead of got to go you can say gotta go. Do you really think I'm grown up and as smart as an adult SMC?
But Favre has 226 carrer INT, Vinny 255. Yet Favre has been throwing a lot of them lately, and Vinny won't play that much, so Favre in my mind could throw around 18, Vinny like 2, that makes them pretty simular, and they ae a little, considering Vinny has played quite a bit longer and won't do so, and Favre will. But Favre is without a doubt better. But guys, peace be with you.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#37 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:07 PM

C4P08, I wasn't the one who criticized Cmart for spelling errors, that's his writing style. My point was for everyone to act mature, which Cmart has not been doing by cursing at everyone who disagrees with him and saying people should be banned for not being true Jets fans. I use my brain and do you and we all try to put forth rational arguments rather than being cheerleaders.

On Favre, look at the TD to Int ratio (376 to 226) compared to Vinny's (268-255). Favre has 100 more TDs than Vinny in 5 less seasons.

#38 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (VinnyTheGinny @ May 15 2005, 02:01 AM)
I love Vinny...my all time favorite player.  But unfortunately, he's not a Hall of Famer. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

You hit it right on the head bud, he's my favorite player too, but just not good enough for the hall of fame.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#39 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Well I'll just say that it was for those criticized him on it, but hey CMART, just try and do a little better at spelling okay buddy. And most important don't curse at everyone, that's how people get to dislike you.
Wow, I didn't see that, but I was just comparing each other INT numbers. Vinny is a Hall of Famer though.
But I never knew there was all of this love for Testaverde still in all of you, I mean we've got Chad on our team now. I still love him too.

#40 Guest_Cmart28Abe94_*

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ May 15 2005, 06:09 PM)
Well I'll just say that it was for those criticized him on it, but hey CMART, just try and do a little better at spelling okay buddy. And most important don't curse at everyone, that's how people get to dislike you.
Wow, I didn't see that, but I was just comparing each other INT numbers. Vinny is a Hall of Famer though.
But I never knew there was all of this love for Testaverde still in all of you, I mean we've got Chad on our team now. I still love him too.

Listen I dunt get wuts wrong wit ma talkin. Yall undastand it. An Vinny iz a HOF an he wuz ma 1st fav. player wen i started payin attention to footbal. An chad iz a grate QB an one day will be a HOF as well as Vinny. An SMC were kool but wen u start shit theres gona be shit.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users