NYJetsFan.com Forums: Welcome To Health - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Welcome To Health

#1 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:03 PM

I am going to take the lead on this one, but everyone is more than welcome to chime in and contribute your nutrition, workout, general health, specific health questions... thanks ronny and stay healthy!
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#2 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

for anyone that lifts...right now when i go to the gym i do the back and bis, chest and tris type thing, but ive heard of people doing bis and tris and then back and chest...the opposites. if anyone does anything like this, can u let me know what u do and your results.

#3 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:35 PM

Just do this, I'm a practicing dieter for the past 2 years. After you eat, exercise, don't do the Atkins diet, all it does is increase your chance of stroke or heart attack, not to mention you gain the weight back in a short period of time, so in order for it to do you any good you have to stay on it, just making heart attack and stroke knocking on your door. Not to mention it can still make you fat, and only eat meats once or twice a week, take it from a 68 pounder.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#4 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

on the atkins diet note... all the atkins diet does is promote a fatter, less active society. carbs are the complex sugars that are our energy. if anyone plays a sport, a lot of times, there are pasta dinners for teams, or you are encouraged to eat starches before games. when you cut out carbs, you might lose weight, but you will have absolutely no energy. not to mention, carbs wouldnt be bad at all if people would get off their asses and work them off a little bit each day.

#5 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

I've been working out on and off for the last 25 years. Your workout all depends on the amount of time you have. That coupled with eating the right amount of protein is key. You need a minimum of 1 gram per pound of your weight on a daily basis to gain any mass. That's a minimum. I try for a gram 1/2. I try to work out 4 or 5 days a week and take off on the weekends. I hate a crowded gym. :-)

Workout (1) Hit a body group each day and rest the weekends. If I do this, I kill those groups with 3 or 4 sets of all out punishment, minimum.
Or
Workout (2) Chest, Shoulders Tris on Mon & Thurs, Back, Bi's Legs on Tues & Friday. Wednesday I do cardio and abs with abs mixed in each day after my workout.

Remember, you can't grow without enough protein.

#6 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:54 PM

The Atkins and lo carb diets are great for losing weight but horrible for working out. You just don't have the energy from the lack of carbs. What I find works best is eating your carbs early int he day and stop by dinner.

But that's just me.

#7 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ May 16 2005, 04:10 PM)
only eat meats once or twice a week, take it from a 68 pounder.

If you want any bulk, forget that eat meat twice a week thing. If you do that, you'll end up being a 68 pound adult too. crazy.gif

#8 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

it all depends on what you are training for...

atkins will make you skinny in your casket...

the bis/tris workout is very effective because you work antagonistic muscles... with any workout, you shoul dnot do it mor ethan a month or two... some you may not want to do for more than a week... the problem with bis/tris is if you do too much of that some of the workouts use each other, especially if you slack on your form... so have perfect form biggrin.gif if you can... and work opposite muscle groups like chest/back or bis/tris but only sparingly... it is a very effective way...
supersets are also very good to push your muscles, this means you do supplemental exercises like bench then lat pulldowns with no rest in between... then you take about one set worth of rest and keep going with it... always let your muscles rest or they cant grow... ideally you should eat before and after a workout (something as small as raisins... kill free radicals which develop cancer and impede the muscle building process)

i have way too much to say on this, so i am gonna have to slow down and get more specific... ill get back to you guys in a few

the best weight room exercise you can do that sooo many people do not is the squat... it increases testosterone level which helps build muscle along with many other positive effects wink.gif

the best exercise for you body in general is swimming because it puts almost no stress on your joints and you get a great workout... but you dont feel like you sweat... its weird but the best exercise for anyones body

then there is activity specific workouts which i will try to get into later... but you know what that means biggrin.gif

#9 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

For those of whom it isn't too late to do this, start good eating habits as a kid. biggrin.gif Also, whwn you order a salad, ask for the dressing on the side, and don't eat things you saw on TV as it's being eatedn, you'll more likely do that, making you the size of a hot air ballon.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#10 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:45 PM

it is never too late to start healthy eating... mean health for example constantly has stories about people who lost ridiculous amounts of weight when they had some kind of epiphany... bottom line is eating healthy is possible at any given time, you just have to be willing...

as far as dressing, it is a dangerous thing, because people assume salad is healthy but a mcdonalds salad with dressing cna be worse for you than a big mac... also dont worry about dieting because if you eat right 90 percent of the time you can afford to splurge the other 10...
back to dressings, try to use oil and vinegar (extra virgin olive oil is the best) or lemon is excellent, there are many recipes for making healthy dressings without fat... blue cheese and ranch are two of the worst for you and anything alfredo is ludicrously fattening... dont eat it!

tis all for now, my booty call has called wink.gif

#11 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

thanks for the info on the antagonistic stuff...ive had good results with the back and bis thing...but if i understood you guys correctly, i can only benfit from changing up.

and about squatting...i love squatting. i play football and that is the most important exercise by far in football. up to 5 x 5 of 265 of box squats biggrin.gif , with my 6'2" long ass legs...

#12 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:24 AM

you will benefit from doing one thing... just that you may end up overworking a muscle group or neglecting other ones... i know for football you need every muscle, so get every muscle strong from your toes to your eyelids to your pecs...
plus if you keep doing the same routine you will eventually hit a plateau, so to break out of that and/or avoid it altogether switch it up... use that height man, like i have said in other threads, i wish i had that, dont take it for granted...

as far as the box squat it is a good way to get your form right, but i would also make sure you work deep squats to get a full range of motion in your joints and help avoid injury... also power cleans are a great way to work on explosion, if your team doesnt do those already they should look into that and the bigger, faster, stronger system (which is where box squats and the dot drill were introduced to me)...

good luck and play hard

#13 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:20 AM

thanks...yea we do cleans...we have a power day which is push press, (shoulder press standing up and using legs) hang cleans and dead lift.

#14 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ellisjersey92 @ May 16 2005, 04:09 PM)
for anyone that lifts...right now when i go to the gym i do the back and bis, chest and tris type thing, but ive heard of people doing bis and tris and then back and chest...the opposites. if anyone does anything like this, can u let me know what u do and your results.

Hear is my routine: Day 1: Chest , Day 2: Back, Day 3: off, Day 4: Shoulders and Traps, Day 5: Arms both bicep and triceps Day 6: Legs Day 7: off.

And not for the kids out there, but for the adults, I know it is illegal now but 1-AD I took a 4 week cycle, I gained 15 lbs from it, and only 5 lbs water weight, so that is 10 lbs of solid muscle in a month. I was pretty satisfied with it. And the only side effect that I had with it was after I was done taking it my sex drive was practically gone, like I didn't even think about sex, but after 2 weeks I was back to normal.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users