NYJetsFan.com Forums: Playstation 3 Unveiled! Madden Will Be Sick - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playstation 3 Unveiled! Madden Will Be Sick Off topic but equally important :)

#1 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Post icon  Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:18 AM

http://www.gamespot....ypress_e305.asx

Dude this thing looks SICK!!! I can't wait a whole year for this damn thing though....why???????????

Anyway check out some of these pics.

http://image.com.com...3_screen001.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen003.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen004.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen005.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen006.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen007.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen008.jpg
http://image.com.com...3_screen009.jpg

The only thing that worries me is the fact that they have changed the controller. The current controller is amazingly ergonomic. Anyway, this is pretty cool stuff. Check out the link up top, they have some system specs on it. I wonder how this new processor "Cell" is gonna do. After all, they have IBM designing the system. I wonder how it will compete as well with XBox's 3 processors .... just like Microsoft to add so much power with the inability to use it! I hate MS and would never buy their product willingly.

#2 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

yea that controller looks quite uncool and uncomfortable... but appearances are deceiving, eh, should be amazing to play madden on it
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

I hate to tell u but I follow video games a lot and the xbox was way better then the PS2 ans the Xbox 2 ( I believe will be called the xenon) will be way better then the PS3. So is the quality of games as all the top developers became fascinated with the xboxs power and abilities and started making xbox only games or made for xbox games with a lesser port for the PS2.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

The games are better on PS2 and XBox had alot of issues early on, but they had things the PS2 didn't have I will say that much ... but if you think the new PS3 is gonna be outperformed, think again!

Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer," which is based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision and 1080p resolution--some of the highest HD resolution around. The RSX also has 512MB of graphics render memory and is capable of 100 billion shader operations and 51 billion dot products per second. It also has more than 300 million transistors, larger than any processor commercially available today. It will be manufactured using the 90nm process, with eight layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra video cards, which would cost roughly $1,000 total if purchased today.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:35 AM

The system itself looks cool but the controller looks outdated
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

I've pretty much given up on video games, but the XBox was a huge disappointment. When it first came out I thought it was going to be great. It had the better hardware by far. But they never put out any games other than the Halos that lived up to the hype of the system. Almost every game I bought for the system was multi-platform.

On the other hand, so may games are put out for the Playstation that it just has more good games.

Still nothing beats Gamecube. Better controller (that's right, I said it), better games, and after the Resident Evils I will say that it's graphics could almost be on par with the XBox.

Oh, and I think the new PS and the new XBox look almost the same. I bet it makes the parent companies happy.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:40 AM

Some of those things are not gonna be in the system I hate to tell you. The fact is nobody is gonna buy a 1000 dollar system. Sony will have to drop a lot of it. Also if you get passed the speed of the processor and wireless bells and whistles your left with basically only a slightly better xbox. The shading and bump mapping as well as HD 1080p and progressive scanning is something that is already on the original xbox. I admit the xbox did have some bugs but its still a way better system. I’m not being partial in anyway. I own all 3 (xbox, gamecube, and PS2) and the PS2 is the worst system but the gamecube has the worst games. Xbox is the bets system and has the best games. Halo1 and 2 both won game of the year fable and jade empire are the 2 best role playing games out there. Project gotham is the best racing game. PS2 doesn’t have much. I can’t honestly remember the last time I bought a game for it.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:43 AM

Also if you get passed the speed of the processor and wireless bells and whistles your left with basically only a slightly better xbox.

lol, i am sure you didnt mean to say that, but you just admitted the ps3 is gonna be slighlty better than the xbox (and its past not passed)... not to mentin that its better according to you even after you get past all the bells and whistles... :rofl:
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:44 AM

Early on the xbox didn’t have much because a lot of the companies didn’t know how to use it or its full capabilities except for bungie and team ninja. DOA3 graphics are unparalleled still, ninja gaiden was also an amazing game. And DOA ultimate is the best fighting game. Also the xbox live is amazing. Way better then the extra 150 dollars needed to play the PS2 online with slow dial up users giving lag and the price per game factor.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (bobzero11 @ May 17 2005, 09:18 AM)
lol, i am sure you didnt mean to say that, but you just admitted the ps3 is gonna be slighlty better than the xbox (and its past not passed)... not to mentin that its better according to you even after you get past all the bells and whistles...  :rofl:

I mean slightly better then the original xbox as it should be considering its coming out 5 years later and been in devolpent for like 6 or 7 and the xbox spent a short time in devolpment. It won’t even compare to the new Xbox360 or xenon whatever its gonna be called. Just like the PS2 doesn’t compare to the xbox
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

Yeah you should read about these teraflops and all this gubergeek arguing on this one site I am reading...it's hillarious. All I know is HALO BLOWS! What a wanna be rip off of Half-Life! If you wanna play a serious shooter game, the original CounterStrike kills all forms of Halo and I haven't even gotten a chance to play the new CounterStrike but Halo2 is SICK!

I hate Halo because I have played far more sophisticated games as far as shooters are concerned. However, it is very cool that the XBox had the capability to network itself and is the only reason people like Halo. It's fun to get 16 guys in a house and network all the XBoxes and go at it 4 teams of 4. However, the XBox came out a year after PS2. Now the PS3 has all the capabilities and more of the XBox 360, alot more if you read some of these specs. I just can't wait, MS sucks! All they do is wait for something to come out and then copy it which is why they will never be any good. 0 innovation! PS3 is gonna be sick with the Cell. And those prices of Graphics cards are based on current retail prices. The card in their is a single card that sony creates. So you can't say that it is gonna cost 1000 dollars, that's just what 2 6800's cost.

#12 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 17 2005, 10:15 AM)
Some of those things are not gonna be in the system I hate to tell you. The fact is nobody is gonna buy a 1000 dollar system. Sony will have to drop a lot of it. Also if you get passed the speed of the processor and wireless bells and whistles your left with basically only a slightly better xbox. The shading and bump mapping as well as HD 1080p and progressive scanning is something that is already on the original xbox. I admit the xbox did have some bugs but its still a way better system. I’m not being partial in anyway. I own all 3 (xbox, gamecube, and PS2) and the PS2 is the worst system but the gamecube has the worst games. Xbox is the bets system and has the best games. Halo1 and 2 both won game of the year fable and jade empire are the 2 best role playing games out there. Project gotham is the best racing game. PS2 doesn’t have much. I can’t honestly remember the last time I bought a game for it.

Fable is the worst, I repeat WORST, roleplaying game out there. I beat that game in under 8 hours BOTH times I played it, and that was goofing around. As a mage I could have beaten that game in under FIVE hours if I had wanted to. There is nothing to do once you beat the game. The developers admit there is a bunch of junk they tried to put in the game but couldn't. Just look around, deadends abound. That game was a failure and a half and never should have been released. It is also one of the most linear games I have ever played. Being good or bad doesn't make any real difference. People run away from you if you are evil, big deal. It doesn't affect the straight along path that the game takes one bit. The whole getting married thing is a joke, as is renting homes or shops. The whole game is one ill-conceived piece of junk that should have been scrapped long before it got to store shelves.

Morrowind is three or four times the game Fable is and wasn't even a great game.

Halo and Halo 2 are the ONLY "great" games on the XBox. Nothing else comes close.

Compare that to:

Wind Waker
Metroid 1&2
the Resident Evil remakes
Mario Sunshine
the list goes on and on, Nintendo is THE best production company out there and they destroy everyone else when it comes to developing games.

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:57 AM

The graphics company Is making the chips for all 3 new systems. An early spec side by side comparison was in a magazine and the side by side comparison favored the new xbox (at the time called xbox next). Also the deal struck with the company gave the xbox the right to better graphics. Kinda like the deal the killed NFL 2k5 microsoft payed a lot of money to make sure they had the best machine. I’m sure you can google search it. I’m too bust working, making avatars, and posting to do it myself
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

You got to be joking. The only knock on fable was it was short. I beat it in like 10 hours or so myself. Yes morrowind had a lot more to do but got to a points after like 30 hours where I grew tired of the game despite my character beaing all mighty. I know people who went upwards of level 70 on that game. Anyway yes morrowind was a great game too but isn’t it xbox and PC only? Jade empire is the best role playing game of all time! Period. I’m still playing it. I’m like 20 hours in and still have a lot to do. The storyline is amazing so is the character interactment and character devolpment. The fighting takes skill and mind power to fully understand and the switching of styles and harmonic combos plus followers helping make it all the better. Here is just a list of games here

Ninja gaiden (best action game out there-amazing graphics)
Jade empire (best role playing game)
DOA ultimate (best fighting game)
Project gotham 2 (best racing game)
Halo 2 (I don’t like it personally. Not a big fan of FPS but was game of the year 2004)
Splinter cell (all 3 the xbox version has way better graphics and some extra levels and downloadable
content)
Blinx (best platformer)-also voodoo vince and pschyonauts (great platformers too)
DOA volleyball (great graphics fun game RPG elements)

Just to name a few.

The gamecube new resident evil looks great (I haven’t tried it yet) but all the other ones sucked. I stopped buying them after I beat resident evil 0 in a weekend. I beat every one for 1-2-3 then the PS2 first one (forgot the name of it) then 0. its too much of the same old stuff. Silent hill is a better survival horrer game now. So was the suffering. I don’t like the metroids as stated above I’m not big on FPSs wind walker sucked and was a huge disappointment. No matter what they do they won’t be able to recreate the magic of nintendos the legend of Zelda. Nintendo is too causght up trying to use games of the past instead of new developments. Eternal darkness was a huge bust also. Nintendo is not the best production company at all. The only game I play on the gamecube is Mario party. Those are fun games to play with 4 people. Its good old school like gameplay. Although I will try the new resident evil in time. I’m too addicted to jade empire and I must finish it before madden comes out. I don’t have the time I used to to play games anymore. When you don’t have the money u can’t buy them but when u do u work so much u can barely play them. It’s a vicious cycle
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:24 AM

Ninja Gaiden was so overrated. After I killed my 50th idnetical ninja, I got a little bored walking down the exact same looking street over and over again.

And I just knocked the hell out of Fable. I'll do it again.

There is nothing to do in that game. No roleplaying game that takes less than twenty hours can be called great. Morrowind was great because of all the weird things out there to find and do. Little temples with funny books, strange charcters off on islands in the middle of no where, etc. I played with half a dozen charcters for over a couple hundred hours each and still never did everything. And unlike Fable, you're charcters could actually look different. Fable they all looked the same because it was always better to have heavier armor (Morrowind you can get away with wearing any type of armor), there were only a few types of weapons, etc.

F that game.

#16 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:26 AM

PS has the best games in my opinion. Before I owned a PS I was Nintendo all the way, however I am not purchasing 3 different consoles and I know PS has the best for me. They have the games I love, like Tony Hawk, easily one of the best games ever made. Plus Madden/NCDub plays the best on PS. Plus I absolutely despise MS and their copy cat MO. Bunch of suckers.

PS has the best reputation as of stability, but I will always love Nintendo. I hope that Revolution is as sick as it is hyped! I might get it.

Also I was not impressed with alot of the games that came out recently. I beat most of all the games I get in 8 hours or less on the hardest mode. Command and Conquer will probably be the best game ever made .. just a plug for my fav strategy game.

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

Fable was revolutionary in a lot of fashions. One was the fighting style (which jade empire kina uses but perfected it) another was the ability to easily change from good or bad whenever you wanted to. Most games you have to go through a lot of crap to be good or bad but in fable all you have to do is change your mind and get a haircut. After you beat it you can continue playing but there is not much to do admittedly. U can finish unbeaten quests and walk around get married etc. marriage is big because u can turn evil by beating your wife or treat her good an she gives u weopens as presents. Once again the knock on it is the length but I still can’t think of a better one out there besides jade empire. Maybe the new star wars one is but I haven’t tried it. I’m not into star wars so I probably wouldn’t understand it much. Its still way better then the final fantasies which by the way xbox has too now
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

Try beating ninja gaiden or jade empire in that amount of time and you wont. Its impossible. How could you not like ninja gaiden unless u don’t like that genre of games. It takes a lot of skill to beat that game. Its probably by far the toughest game out there
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 17 2005, 11:06 AM)
Fable was revolutionary in a lot of fashions. One was the fighting style (which jade empire kina uses but perfected it) another was the ability to easily change from good or bad whenever you wanted to. Most games you have to go through a lot of crap to be good or bad but in fable all you have to do is change your mind and get a haircut. After you beat it you can continue playing but there is not much to do admittedly. U can finish unbeaten quests and walk around get married etc. marriage is big because u can turn evil by beating your wife or treat her good an she gives u weopens as presents. Once again the knock on it is the length but I still can’t think of a better one out there besides jade empire. Maybe the new star wars one is but I haven’t tried it. I’m not into star wars so I probably wouldn’t understand it much. Its still way better then the final fantasies which by the way xbox has too now

If you think Fable is better than any Final Fantasy than, I mean this as polietly as I can, you know zilch about Role Playing games. Talk about revolutionary? Every FF has changed the landscape of RPGs. FFs 4, 6, and 9 are some of the greatest games ever made.

Changing from good to bad at the drop of a hat isn't changing anything, you could do that in Morrowind (along with many other games) by walking up can killing three or four people. The fighting style in Fable is a simple lock-on, button mashing combo style that has been done numerous times before. Marriage is cute, but not worth the effort. In a game that takes less than 8-10 hours to beat, why would I bother visiting my wife enough times to get a decent item from her?

#20 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 17 2005, 11:14 AM)
Try beating ninja gaiden or jade empire in that amount of time and you wont. Its impossible. How could you not like ninja gaiden unless u don’t like that genre of games. It takes a lot of skill to beat that game. Its probably by far the toughest game out there

I don't love that genre, but mostly I don't like fighting the same four ninjas over and over and over again. I quit shortly after the second or third level because all that happened was an endless string of the same enemies jumping out at me.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users