NYJetsFan.com Forums: Halo? Metroid? Red Faction? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:34 PM) Man the JETS are a 3 ring circus or American Horror Story: FREAK SHOW!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) Jets starting Geno again.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) FIRE IDZIK,
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:45 AM) I really hope the JEts completely clean house this offseason and get rid of everyone, it's time.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) We need to keep getting embarrassed every week to ensure that. That is why I don't give a shit about getting destroyed, it makes the team look like more of a joke and forces Woody to make real changes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Today, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Today, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Today, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Today, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Halo? Metroid? Red Faction? Why is your console the best?

#1 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

Now i realize that i have started this topic before but with the unveiling of the PS3 i think a lot more people are interested in defending their console

what good is a great system going to do you if you only have a handful of titles such as xbox has (not to knock those games though they are great)
but when you think about it why is halo so famous?
i say marketing
there are more realistic games, more fantasticalgames, better weapon systems, whatever your fix may be halo is not the only first person shooter
it doesnt have any ground breaking features
its not the best story (obvious open to opinion)
i just see it as a great marketing scheme by microsoft
again dont get me wrong it is a high quality game; very enjoyable
but since the "great" games are so few and far between for xbox it was a must have for those who owned the console
let's move on before i steal too many points...

on the other end of the spectrum you have sony who has every conceiveable game made...twice.
again some with high quality, some without
but putting out so many, shall i say, shitty games in public is really damaging the reputation of the PS series
again ill leave a lot to discuss yet for these...

nintendo is a different story
they are (without giving a big history lesson) a software company gone hardware, much like sega.
nintendo knows software (games) and they know it well.
thats why you see many great game titles publisized beyond belief. and then on top of that they have under the radar games that are innovative and just damn fun to play (pikmin, animal crossing)
before i start to sound biased ill start knocking the nintendo corperation
since they lack the financial backing nintendo had to find that niche in the market relatively fast
they ended up with a younger audience focusing most of their "only for" game titles towards the ESRB rating at E (everyone)
and for many of us that sucks. we want to kill and explode and such.

of course there are solution routes for each one of these systems
but i want to here your opinions before i throw those out

if you read this all before you posted i would like to shake your hand.
Member Since March 26th 2004

IPB Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:30 PM

Ok fine I shouldn’t assume. But have you heard of it? yes or no
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:38 PM

First let me say I own all 3 systems. I’m not just saying one is better because it’s the one I got.

I play xbox the most, then GC, then PS2.

I don not like halo. Either one of them and I agree with you on everything you said about the game that I don’t think its anything special. Its popular because the amount of multiplayer stuff available and xbox live. w/o xbox live it wouldn’t be that big. Personally I’m not big on FPS.

My favorite genres are
Sports (anything sports)
RPGs
Action/ Adventure
Survival Horror
Platform
FPS

GC is targeted towards a younger audience
PS2 is targeted in Japan (not America) they get everything there first for it
XBOX is the only console targeted for the USA. XBOX live is the best invention in gaming to date. Nobody can deny that. That alone makes the xbox a better system. It has better graphics- less loading times- better and cheaper online play- online voice and using IGN rating system both systems(xbox, PS2) have about 10 percent of there games as a 9.0 or higher. So the quality is the same. PS2 has a bigger selection but I think xbox only games are way better then PS2 only games. I rate the systems like this

1 Xbox
2 GC
3 PS2
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 17 2005, 05:05 PM)
Ok fine I shouldn’t assume. But have you heard of it? yes or no

yes

QUOTE (Jetsfan115)
XBOX live is the best invention in gaming to date. Nobody can deny that.

ill deny it
of course ill be all technical and wormy about it and say the atari 2600 was the best invention in gaming history
haha
but i do think xbox live was the best invention since...hmmm... 3d graphics

now getting to your point about xbox live being the factor that sets xbox apart from the rest i agree
but it is not a pattened feature and (i can garuntee this) it will be mimicked by every upcoming system. not to mention it could have done by both PS2 and gamecube as well (why they didnt is beyond me)

now with all three having "online capabilities" what would set xbox apart from the other two?
graphics?
well without pulling out the fact sheet (please dont make me i hate browsing the internet) i can confidently say nintendo has the largest capacity for graphics (fast pixel rendering speed officially termed "refresh rate")
but that's irrelevant now because the sytems about to be released will be different comparatively

anyhow i highly doubt that graphics alone will dominate a market (other than PC but let's leave that out)

so again what makes xbox better?

IPB Image

#5 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:28 PM

I cant have these arguments. I know too much and have too much passion for it that I just could write all night. I'll simply state my breif opinions and then maybe insight debate.

Xbox is the best system for multiplatform games (most of the time. Soul Caliber 2 was best on GCN for example). Live is great but I hate the fee. Halo is amaizng and Halo 2 is even better. I play my sports games on it.

GCN is the best for gaming. Gaming means like getting into the game, addicted to it, and playing it till there's nothing left to explore. SImply put: Nintendo knows how to make games. But they also know how to innovate better then anyone. I cannot wait for the New Zelda game opffially entitled The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Prince. It will have 70 hours of gameplay, link will transform into a warewolf, and the world will be HUGE! Metroid PRime 1 and 2 rocked my world as well.

PS2. It broke on me twice. It is my DVD player at this point. I got sick of the same games (MGS, GTA, Grand Tourismo). Right now I'm only keeping it for the new Final Fantasy. I love Squarenix.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:48 AM

Good news you can throw away your PS2 because FF is gonna be on the new xbox. Like I said the same company is making the graphic chips for all 3 but Microsoft paid to ensure they would get the best graphics. I said it in like 5 of my posts but nobody seemed to pay attention to it. I’ll be fair and put the pros and cons of each of the current. To be honest you can’t completely compare the new ones until they are released.

PS2- Pros. Biggest selection of games. Slim design, doubles as a DVD player, familiar controllers (same as PS1)
Cons. Online play is pay per game and dial up. No internal memory. Durability issues. Only 2 controller ports. Slowest processor of the 3. worst graphics of the 3.

GC- Pros. Small design. 4 controller ports. A lot of first party games. Familiar name. 50$ cheaper
Cons. No online play. Weird controller (why is the a button so big?). speed and graphics are better then PS2 but less then xbox. No DVD compatibility. No internal memory. Smallest selection of games.

Xbox-Pros- Online high speed play. Best graphics. Fastest processor. Internal hard drive (for 70 bucks you can get it moded to play burned games and have 80 games installed into the hard drive). 4 controller ports. A lot of companies switching to xbox over PS2. Custom soundtracks in games (great feature in 2k5)
Cons- huge and heavy. DVD compatibility is 35 dollars extra. Not as many games for it as the PS2.

That’s pretty much the rundown of the systems.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 17 2005, 04:13 PM)
GC is targeted towards a younger audience

That is, of course, a blatant lie. Nintendo's games aren't market towards kids, they just aren't filled with sex, violence, or other adult themes. I wouldn't expect a lot of Nintendo's "clean" (as opposed to kiddy) to be really appreciated by anyone under the age of sixteen.

To sum it up, is what Nintendo putting out now any different than what they did in the eighties or early nineties? The answer is no. Other companies have gone out of their way to develop "adult themed" games (GTA, Conker, etc), which may have changed the general perception of what an "adult" game is and what a "children's" game is. But when I think of a game designed with players under the age of 10, I think of something like Luigi's Mansion (which is Nintendo). That is a game that is actually made with a child's abilities in mind.

As fas as Halo is concerned, yeah it isn't anythign breath takingly revolutionary (although the first game's AI is superior to everything before it and a lot after it). But I'm pretty tired of games that introduce some amazing new feature but still aren't any good because the development team spent all their time working on that one feature (see Fable). Halo is like Chess, Checkers, or that brillant piece of art called Tetris. It is a simple game that offers tons of depth and takes a long time to master. It is nothing but strengths. Halo doesn't have glitches, useless weapons, or aimless walks down a long corridor with nothing in it. Halo is a almost perfectly crafted game that has been fine tuned to the poitn that there is almost nothing there that lacks anything. I personally think both Halos are among the top twenty games of all time, maybe even top ten.

Fianlly, reports have been coming out since XBox first came out that comapnies were switching over to XBox because it is easier to develop games for, but Nintendo is always going to have the very best gaems and PS continues to put out a much larger volume than the XBox.

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

Volume means nothing to me. Who will ever own almost every game for a system? Nobody. I don’t care about volume. Give me 4-5 excellent games a year and I’m happy. I don’t need more then that really cause I’ll never play them. I like quality over quantity. PS2 has a lot of games but most are horrible. Like mr. mosquito and games of that nature. Plus most multi platform games are better on xbox. Also I should add they are not switching because its easier. Theyre switching because its more powerfull. It allows them to do certain things. Fable and jade empire couldn’t even been played on PS2. a lot of xbox games would need to be toned down considerably. GTA3 maxed out the PS2 (which is why the graphics sucked.) on xbox they could of really upped the graphics and had more to do
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 18 2005, 09:22 AM)
Volume means nothing to me. Who will ever own almost every game for a system? Nobody. I don’t care about volume. Give me 4-5 excellent games a year and I’m happy. I don’t need more then that really cause I’ll never play them. I like quality over quantity. PS2 has a lot of games but most are horrible. Like mr. mosquito and games of that nature. Plus most multi platform games are better on xbox. Also I should add they are not switching because its easier. Theyre switching because its more powerfull. It allows them to do certain things. Fable and jade empire couldn’t even been played on PS2. a lot of xbox games would need to be toned down considerably. GTA3 maxed out the PS2 (which is why the graphics sucked.) on xbox they could of really upped the graphics and had more to do

Tell that to all the magazines that have released statements about how much easier it was to develop for the XBox because it had more straightforward hardware and was more selfcontained.

#10 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 18 2005, 09:23 AM)
Like I said the same company is making the graphic chips for all 3 but Microsoft paid to ensure they would get the best graphics. I said it in like 5 of my posts but nobody seemed to pay attention to it.

pay attention to what i post and you'll realize i did address your issue

i basically said...
that all three of the systems will have only a small margin between one another for graphics performance (xbox 360 may be first im sure it wont be all that noticeable)
and all three systems will have online gameplay

now.
what will make the xbox 360/PS3/Nintendo Revolution better?

IPB Image

#11 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 18 2005, 09:22 AM)

THe point I made about Volume is this:

reports have been coming out for a long time (about two years, as they were coming out when I stopped getting EGM, and that was about that long ago) about how developers were switching to XBox, but Sony still is getting more games for their system. If so many developers were claiming they were planning on switching, why is it that the XBox still isn't getting as many games as PS? The answer (and Jets0n posted an article that addressed this in the other video game thread) is that companies still don't trust MS enough to make a hardline switch. Until these reports start getting substantiated by actual output, using it as an reason SBox is better is illogical.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

All the interviews I seen on TV told me they started devolping for xbox only or xbox first then port to other systems because they were intrigued by the power and capabilities of it. One was peter molyneaux (spelling) creater of black and white, and fable. You should check out the G4TV channel or the website its all about technology and games and stuff. Great channel.

Also I said they paid so it would be wayyy better. They wouldn’t up all that money for a slightly better graphics. Microsoft dumped over a billion alone in xbox live so far so there willing to spend way more then sony is on the new systems. Bill gates isn’t cheap. Sony is. That’s why the PS2 was so similar to the PS1.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

The fact still is, and you all have to agree with me, you can’t debate any of this for the following reasons.

1) better games is an opinion only. No fact behind it. Its just a preference.
2) Xbox 360 and PS3 can’t be debated util they are both officially released. Period.
3) Xbox is a way better system then the PS2
4) Controllers once again are opinion but the xbox controllers have the most functionality because they have the most precise joystick and 2 way more pressure sensitive triggers then GC and PS2
5) All we know is what is reported. Were not really there so honestly its all second hand info and speculation. Nothing solid. Those writers are just like us and basically write their opinion. Its like the power rankings everyone will have them different. I doubt 2 people would make the exact same for all 32 teams
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

Also even though after watching both the PS3 and Xbox360 vids the xboxs were clearly better but if u read further the xbox games were running on a beta unit which only runs at 1/3 the power meaning the actual one will be 3 times better then the demonstration showed. And being the xbox now is a little less then 3 times as powerful as the PS2 it will probab;y blow the PS3 out the water but for now like I said still too soon to judge but let me ask this. System only which is better

Xbox or PS2?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

since we've come upon a big stalemate in this debate fairly quickly
(having the deciding factors being graphics game quality and such)
and since im the owner of this glorious topic
lets steer it in this direction

What makes a game a "good game?" (don't worry we'll get to graphics soon enough)

just to get this up in the air: i took a class that is based on that specific question more or less, (what makes a game sell?) so keep the bullshit to a minimum, or i will slice your points down fairly effeciently. disclaimer now aside...

...again

What makes a game a "good game?"

IPB Image

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

What makes a game sell and what makes a game good are 2 completely different questions. One is opinion/technical isuues and the other is marketing
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:51 PM

maybe not completely different but
i agree
now how about some opinions
i know it's a hard one to pin down but give it a shot everyone

IPB Image

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

Breaking news. I have inside sources and the xbox360 will have 3 3.2GHz processors and will be more powerfull then a 3 year old super computer./ I also will be getting one a couple of months before it is released. Cheers for hook-ups and business contacts. Also I was assured it is gonna blow away the PS3 by a lot. Just though I’d let you people in on it.

Also what makes a good game is opinion but in my opinion its just flat out something fun to play. Something that takes skill in both physical and mental ability as well as good enough of a challenge but not unbeatable.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:12 PM

FYI I received this information from an IT manager and a computer programmer who both work for separate componies that have nothing to do with MS or sony. One works for a cell phone company and the other a car company.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:59 PM

What is wrong with PS2 online play? I have Socom 2 and Madden 2005 and play them both online and they are great, and it is free. I like PS2 better, I am not saying it is better then XBox, but I have had the orginal and have had no problems with it, so I see no reason to change. Plus it takes me awhile to get use to other joysticks, I just hope the new PS3 joysticks are easy to use and pretty similar to the orginal joysicks.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users