Reputation: 9 Neutral
- NFL Team:
- New York Jets
Topics I've Started
Posted 15 Feb 2014
QuoteNFL Report: Incognito and Two Others Harassed Martin
By Tracy Connor, NBC News
The NFL's independent investigation into Jonathan Martin's claims that he was bullied has found that three Miami Dolphins starters — Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey — "engaged in a pattern of harassment" that included vile racial and anti-gay slurs.
The 144-page report by lawyer Ted Wells, which was released Friday, said the harassment was directed at Martin, another unnnamed Dolphins offensive lineman and an assistant trainer.
The Japanese-born trainer was the target of "racial slurs and other racially derogatory language," Wells said. Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey allegedly once donned "rising sun" headbands and threatened to hurt him to avenge the attack on Pearl Harbor.
"The other offensive lineman was subjected to homophobic name-calling and improper physical touching," Wells continued.
"Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments.” The report details Incognito, who is white, calling Martin, who is black, the N-word in a text and in person.
Incognito's lawyer said the report was "replete with errors" and there is no evidence that Martin's mental health or athletic performance was impacted by his teammates.
"It is disappointing that Mr. Wells would have gotten it so wrong, but not surprising. The truth, as reported by the Dolphins players and as shown by the evidence, is that Jonathan Martin was never bullied by Richie Incognito or any member of the Dolphins Offensive line," attorney Mark Schamel said in a statement.
Wells wrote that the harassment did contribute to Martin's decision to bolt from the Dolphins in the middle of his second season. But he said it does not appear the veterans — Incognito and Jerry joined the team in 2010, Pouncey in 2011 — were trying to drive him off or cause serious emotional distress.
Yet Wells said text messages that Martin sent to his parents and others — months before he walked off the team Oct. 28 and checked into a hospital for psychological treatment — corroborate his story that he was tormented by how he was treated.
The report, which is full of crude text messages, says that Martin and Incognito had an "odd but seemingly close friendship" marked by two-way "vulgar" communication.
"Martin was taunted on a persistent basis with sexually explicit remarks about his sister and his mother and at times ridiculed with racial insults and other offensive comments."
Martin was especially sensitive to insults because he had been bullied in high school, and he contemplated suicide twice last year, the report says.
"To be candid, we struggled with how to evaluate Martin’s claims of harassment given his mental health issues, his possible heightened sensitivity to insults and his unusual, 'bipolar' friendship with Incognito," the report said.
"Nonetheless, we ultimately concluded that Martin was indeed harassed by Incognito, who can fairly be described as the main instigator, and by Jerry and Pouncey, who tended to follow Incognito’s lead."
Among the evidence: an entry in a notebook the offensive linemen kept to record each other's infractions and fines; Incognito fined himself $200 for "breaking JMart" and later asked teammates to destroy the book.
The other player who was harassed endured constant homophobic teasing that was not restricted to his teammates, the reporter said. When offensive line coach Jim Turner gave all his players inflatable female dolls as gag gifts in Christmas 2012, the "quiet and unassuming" young man got a male doll.
The report also faulted Turner for sending Martin text messages exhorting him to "do the right thing" and defend Incognito after word of the bullying leaked out in the fall.
However, Wells concluded there was no evidence the Dolphins' front office knew about the alleged abuse.
Text messages between Incognito and Pouncey showed they were furious with Martin after he left the team.
"Snitches get stitches," Incognito wrote. "Blood in blood out F------guy."
Pouncey's reply: "He’s dead to me."
The NFL Players Association said it was reviewing the report.
In a statement, team owner Stephen Ross called the language and behavior that the report said was directed at Martin "deeply disturbing."
"I told Ted Wells personally during my visit with him that we are committed to addressing the issues outlined in this report," Ross said. "We must work together towards a culture of civility and mutual respect for one another. ... I have made it clear to everyone within our organization that this situation must never happen again."
The report was released just two days after Incognito went on a Twitter rant against Martin, apologizing for rude language but insisting he was a "loyal friend and good teammate."
Dear Jon Martin..... The truth is going to bury you and your entire “camp”. You could have told the truth the entire time.
- Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 12, 2014
FACT: Jonathan Martin told me he thought about taking his own life in MAY 2013 b/c he wasn't playing well. Told me he felt worthless.
— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) February 12, 2014
First published February 14th 2014, 11:40 am
Why am I not surprised that Pouncey was one of the tormentors?
Posted 3 Feb 2014
QuoteRedskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has not requested a trade
By Mike Jones
February 2 at 5:45 pm
Quarterback Kirk Cousins hasnít requested a trade from the Washington Redskins, but would welcome the opportunity to go elsewhere and start in the NFL if the opportunity arose, a person with knowledge of the situation said.
That stance held by Cousins is the same that he has held since the Redskins selected him in the fourth round of the 2012 draft ó the same year that they took Robert Griffin III second overall.
ESPN reported Sunday morning that Cousins had informed the Redskins that he was open to being traded. But a person with knowledge of the situation said that the quarterback has not made any demands for a trade. At the same time, Cousins has the goal of starting in the NFL, and he knows that barring injury to Griffin, that goal isnít possible with the Redskins. And so, if a trade did present itself, Cousins would embrace that situation.
The person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that Cousins isnít so desperate to be traded that he would want to be in a bad situation just so he could start. Instead, he would likely rather wait another two years and then go elsewhere as a free agent.
Cousins has conveyed his stance to Redskins officials on more than one occasion, and had a similar conversation with general manager Bruce Allen at the end of the 2013 season. Cousins has discussed with the media his eagerness to prepare and position himself to excel in any opportunity to showcase his skills to future teams. But at the same time, he has been the good soldier and has prepared as if he is the starter, while also supporting Griffin and avoiding expressing any discontent with his situation as a backup.
Cousins this season got the chance to display his skills for future teams when he started the final three games of the year after then-coach Mike Shanahan benched Griffin partly because he wanted to protect him from further injury.
In three games as a starter this season, Cousins completed 53 percent of his passes for 747 yards, four touchdowns and five interceptions while also losing two fumbles.
Cousins said after the season finale against the Giants that he felt like in those three games, he believed he had shown his capabilities and indicated that he would welcome the chance to start for a future team, if that opportunity presented itself.
ďIíve shown what Iím capable of,Ē he said. ďI think thereís more there. It obviously would help if I was with a team for a long time and have a chance to really build up a team as their leader, as their quarterback. But weíll see. Other teams can look at the film and evaluate it how they want.Ē
Something to think about. Of course I'm biased, but I'd be all for him becoming a Jet.
Posted 6 Dec 2013I just saw this.
Andrew Luck's picture looks like a serial killer's mugshot.
Posted 21 Sep 2013
QuoteEx-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home
Several parents are reportedly considering lawsuits against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman after he posted their children's names on a website created in the wake of the Labor Day weekend house party.
By Jaime Uribarri / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 10:29 PM
Updated: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:10 AM
Former NFL offensive lineman Brian Holloway stands in front of his rural vacation home Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013, in Stephentown, N.Y. Holloway’s rural vacation home was trashed during a Labor Day weekend party attended by an estimated 200 to 400 teenagers. Holloway said the partiers caused at least $20,000 in damage, breaking windows and doors, punching holes in walls and spraying graffiti. He saw the whole thing unfold live on Twitter and now he’s using the teens’ own posts to reveal their identities and to try to set them on a better path.
Brian Holloway says he's been threatened for going public with the names of teens he believes trashed his upstate N.Y. home.
If Brian Holloway thought the hundreds of teenagers who destroyed his home were ruthless, wait until their families are through with him.
Several parents are reportedly considering lawsuits against the former NFL star after he posted their children's names on a website created in the wake of the Labor Day weekend house party.
The website, www.helpmesave300.com, identifies over 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence, and includes photos and tweets that documented the reckless destruction.
But rather than apologize to Holloway for their children's behavior, some parents have contacted their lawyers to see what legal action they can take against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman, local affiliate ABC News 10 reported.
Holloway estimates the damage of his house to be in the $20,000 range.
"Parents have threatened me," Holloway, a three-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl XX veteran, told ABC News. "Your kids are in my house breaking and stealing my stuff and you are mad at me because I posted pictures that they took and posted themselves of them partying and tearing things up?"
Even more troubling for Holloway is the fact that he offered parents the chance to make amends for the estimated $20,000 in damage caused to his house, including smashed windows and glass doors, urinated carpets, holes in the ceilings, as well as a stolen eagle statue that was part of a memorial for his stillborn grandson.
The former grid iron star is holding a picnic for veterans at the home on Saturday, and invited the rowdy teens and their parents to help him clean the house.
"Come out and help set up, fix up, bring food, and picnic stuff, so we can honor these real HEROS," he wrote on his website. "I'm here. Come now. Take a stand for your future. This is called redemption."
Partygoers post plenty of pictures from Holloway's house on social media.
Holloway told CNN Friday he was coming to the situation as a father, not a punishing former offensive lineman.
"There are 300 lives at stake," Holloway said on the show "New Day." "I don't want to be standing over one of these kids' caskets 30 years from now."
The invitation fell on deaf ears.
"I expected 100 parents to show. Only one showed up," he told ABC News.
Had more of them taken up Holloway on his offer, they would have seen evidence of illegal drug and alcohol use in addition to random acts of violence.
"You can see the scars on the floor from where the keggers were brought through. The carpet, there was beer liquor and everything else you can think of, so we had to remove the carpet."
Holloway, who was in his primary residence in Lutz, Fl., at the time of the party, hasn't decided whether he'll press charges against the teenagers.
Brian Holloway is posting photos of the house-crashers on his website, www.helpmesave300.com.
So far no arrests have been made.
Holloway said he hoped the incident would motivate more parents to check what their kids are posting to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
"Parents need to step up and go old school," he told CNN.
Read more: http://www.nydailyne...8#ixzz2faGzL1Yq
Each one of those kids need to have their asses whipped.
Posted 27 Aug 2013I'm going to reply anyway.
Never said idiot. I said life loser... anyway
So on and so forth.. Again your wrong...
You are so sad. You're trying to use right-wing Republican mouth pieces as your proof? Breitbart.com Fox News using unsourced quotes from Eric Cantor? Really? That's your proof of tantrums? You are really grasping at straws and blinded by your hate for OUR President. But that doesn't surprise me since you wanted so badly to believe he wasn't a U.S. citizen and thus illegitimately the POTUS.
Your first link I didn't even look at because it was from Breitbart.com and I don't even want that shit in my browser history.
The next link a video from the Fox News Channel during the debt ceiling debate when Eric Cantor claimed the President walked out of the room. Walking out on people who kept saying no to everything and weren't doing or saying anything productive. Of course if you want to believe Eric Cantor's account (which was disputed by others who were in the room) go ahead. I wouldn't call walking out on a meeting when nothing was being accomplished and when he'd be having a meeting with them again the next day, a tantrum.
The next link is to a .gif file that is obviously fake. Azjetfan let me let you in on a little secret. This...
didn't really happen. Somebody used a computer to make that as a joke. I think if our President had really kicked a door in the White House, it would have made more news. If you had continued to read that webpage, you'd know that.
The next article you provided was written by a man (Finian Cunningham) who claims that Osama bin Laden was not killed and it was all a Washington cover up.....lets stop and think about that for a moment. So you want me to believe a far right-wing conspiracy theorist. You can believe the bullshit he says but I tend not to listen to people who wear tinfoil hats. BTW he also called Osama bin Laden the "supposed 9/11 mastermind." But you keep on reading and believing what he tells you.
The next link. I don't know what the hell that was. A joke I guess. But it was just 14 seconds of a photo of our President animated to make him look like a vampire or a monster. IDK
The next link you provided gave me an error message.
The next link was to Michelle "John Kerry shot himself in the leg" Malkin's website . The link shows a photo of President Obama looking down with a somber face.
Look at that big baby Reagan throwing a tantrum.
Look at him again having another fit. Grow a pair Ronnie!
Look at the little baby Bill Clinton about to cry. Probably because he killed Vince Foster to keep him quite about Whitewater.
And then look at JFK sulking over not getting his way.
And well Nixon...
He probably was angry in that picture.
Yeah that picture on Malkin's website really shows one of Obama's many tantrums.
- Member Title:
- Assistant Head Coach
- 29 years old
- August 21, 1984
- Website URL: