Reputation: 0 Neutral
- Active Posts:
- 895(0.25 per day)
- Most Active In:
- THE JETS HUDDLE (411 posts)
- 04-April 05
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Today, 04:35 PM
- NFL Team:
- New York Jets
- New York Yankees (Hat)
05 Dec 2014 - 18:49
30 Oct 2012 - 22:52
06 Sep 2012 - 00:16
19 Aug 2012 - 11:26
21 Aug 2010 - 16:10
16 Jan 2010 - 20:22
13 Nov 2009 - 00:16
29 Dec 2008 - 18:29
J.E.T.S JETS ...
31 Oct 2008 - 19:40
17 Sep 2008 - 20:40
Topics I've Started
Posted 24 Nov 2014It is my opinion that the jets organization needs a complete and total enema. I am so embarrassed by these fools and am 100% confident that I could be a better GM than the jets have had in years. Just a few things I have been ranting about since 2011 preseason
1. The OL is being neglected and is the most important group on the offensive side of the ball. Faneca was dropped one year too early with no adequate replacement. Woody same thing. Austin Howard should have been retained at all cost (just ask Mike Vick how Breno did tonight)
2. Santonio Holmes did not deserve a long term guaranteed contract. I knew he would revert back to the player Pittsburgh released. I would have kept Braylon over Holmes for 2 reasons (Bray is a deep threat, Holmes isn't, Bray wanted to play for the jets, Holmes wanted the biggest pay)
3. Tebow nuff said
4. Sparano nuff said
5. Still no OL help or any offensive talent added via draft
We need a situation similar to what Leon Hess did in 97. He finally realized he didn't know shite about football and brought in Parcells and gave him total control over all football ops. Unless Woody is willing to do this, would Jim Harbaugh be interested? Would any established guy be interested? NO
Idzik must go, Ryan too. The new Head of football ops would revamp the scouting dept. You can't blame bad luck every year for decades. He either is the GM or brings in one to hire the best football coach possible.
This Ferguson stuff is going nuts, please share your thoughts
Posted 18 Oct 2014When a team is losing, it shows who really cares and who doesn't. Also there are some that just aren't good enough. Here is my list
1 Coples- doesn't play at 100% effort and it shows
2. Winters- walking penalty/sack machine
3. K Wilson- can't cover and is worse at tackling
4. Vick- appears very disinterested in everything but I bet he's first in line on payday.
5. Right side of Oline- keep them but as stop gaps
6. D Harris- like him but he is slow/can't cover
Things that need fixing in order of importance
1. Strengthen the offensive line, How can we judge our QB when he has no time and only one guy who can get seperation regularly. This should be done mostly through the draft. Good OL are generally safe picks
2. Upgrade the coaching staff. The play call on the 2 pt conversion sucked. Should have had 1-2 backs in. Then either power run or play action. The decision to on-sides kick with almost 3 minutes remaining was atrocious. If we kicked off and things went close to how they did, Nick folk would have been attemping a 35-40 yard FG to win
3. Get more talent at the WR position. Decker is the only guy that would start on any of the other 31 teams. Kerly is a 4 at best.
4. Never ever go into a season so woefully thin at any position as we did at CB. When your best corner was a 2nd string safety the week before the injuries to Milliner and Mcdougle, you move heaven and earth to get a competent player even if Idzik acts as if the money was coming out of his personal account. The fans, coaches, and players deserve that much.
5. Improve the scouting. I dare you to look at the draft history of all teams and say the jets aren't the worst in terms of results.
Enough said, I'm still sick from Thursday
Posted 1 Sep 2014According to overthecap.com, the jets currently have the lowest payroll in the nfl for 2014 at roughly 92.5 million dollars. They have well over 20 million 2014 dollars left to spend. Get us a CB or 2...or 3!
- Member Title:
- LB Coach
- 50 years old
- January 15, 1964
- Boca Raton, FL