Reputation: 11 Good
- Active Posts:
- 6,045(1.97 per day)
- Most Active In:
- THE JETS HUDDLE (3189 posts)
- 28-November 05
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Apr 09 2014 03:34 PM
- NFL Team:
Posts I've Made
Posted 8 Apr 2014
Posted 20 Mar 2014No
Posted 18 Mar 2014I don't get what makes anyone believe in Idzik. Cause Seattle won a SB a year after he left? He wasn't the guy there... he wasn't even the guy's guy. He had, what, 8 choices in the 2013 draft and he got one great player and 3 guys who played like shit until December, and a bunch of others that didn't play at all. This man is going to reinvent the wheel? Each team is assigned one tag, IR with designation to return. This is a powerful tool that teams use to shelf a player who is recovering from an offseason/early injury and can come back in the second half of the season... Idzik used his on Sanchez, a guy who not even a week later had season ending shoulder surgery. Can we stop pretending that this is some type of football jedi who holds a mystical formula to NFL success? He got a Rasputin like hold on some fans and people are giving him the benefit of the doubt because we just recovered from a bunch of bad contracts... guess what... signing a bunch of guys when you think you have a window and then taking a step back when their contract balloon isn't a bad way to do business, it's called "going for it" and "rebuilding". The Steelers did it. The Ravens did it. Shit, even the Pats did it. Just because you had one year of "cap hell" doesn't mean that you should only sing the Darren Walls and Ellis Lanksters of this world. There were a lot of talented players at key positions that we watched sign elsewhere for fifty cents on the dollar. That's the crazy part... in a year where we have a ton of money, guys weren't getting the money they thought they'd get. Nicks couldn't help this team? Or Sanders? They got bullshit contracts that won't cripple any cap. Ware for 2 years? Oh no we're saving money so here's Calvin Pace's corpse.
This is a first year GM learning as he goes along. The only problem is, I see us taking 3 steps back this offseason and another huge one next offseason when we ultimately put this whole thing on Rex and start fresh with a new coach who will then have his 3 year window before he's shown the door. Instead of building on this year's feel-good nobody believed in us team, we're continuing to cut payroll, roll it forward until Jedi Idzik sees fit and in the meantime, our secondary might as well be traffic cones.
Posted 15 Mar 2014
Posted 14 Mar 2014Let me take a crack at this nonesense...
1) cuts holmes and cromartie, 2 players that were willing to take pay cuts to stay, 2 players that are in positions where we need talent. But somehow sanchez is still on the roster for 10+ million when he isn't even going to start?????
Holmes is done. His play fell off and his attitude was a drain on the team. Cromartie was a liability and was grossly overpaid. He didn't say anything about a restructure. He hit the market and looks like he's a Cardinal.
There's no reason to cut Sanchez for another week. His bonuses don't come due until the 20th. In the mean time, the Jets don't want him to hit the market while Vick and other back ups are out there. They don't want him in the market right now, they want him to miss the FA spending spree and then possibly bring him back on a small 1 or 2 year deal.
2) He signs decker for over 7 million a year? a guy who isn't even a number 1 WR and never has been yet for 7 million a year? Look I like decker, he's a good WR, he's tough, he's not a diva and as long as he's in a jet uniform i'll root my ass off for him. But 7 million when maclin singed a 1 year deal for 4 million? he couldn't have grabbed the younger and better maclin on a 1 year deal for 5-6 million? instead decker gets #1 WR money? plus a 5 year deal and he's 27? 3 years into the deal he's gonna be declining.
First off, Maclin never hit the market. Philly resigned him before FA began. Forget Maclin, he wasn't an option. Decker was the consesus #1 WR in this market. Yes his stats are inflated. No he's not a No. 1. But, he signed a very reasonable contract. Don't look at the overall numbers because those are bullshit, look at the guaranteed... and that's only $15M. That is a very team friendly deal and 3 years from now, I guarantee you that he will not be on the team for $7M/year unless he becomes a #1.
3) had a chance to look like a mastermind, instead winds up looking like a failure. He trades revis last year and gets some picks. yes i was pissed. but fate took a twisted turn when revis was released yesterday by the bucs. he was his chance to bring back the best CB in the NFL and basically come out with a 1st and 4th round pick for lending him to the bucs for a year. We know revis loves rex (not as much as he loves money) and we have 50 million in cap room. And he traded him to the bucs to keeep him out of the AFC. well a year later he winds up on f***ing new england? our biggest rival? who's kicked out ass repeatedly for the past 10 years? for a 1 year 12 million dollar deal? how could we not offer an extra 500k to him?
Revis declined a contract from Denver for $11.5M. That just goes to show you either of two things, either Revis, a guy who earned about $40M thus far in his career threw away a chance to join the clear cut SB favorite for $500K OR he never intended to sign with anyone other than NE. Either case, the fact is, the Jets never even reached out to him. This is obviously a decision that was handed down from Woody and you can't blame Idzik for that. For all we knew, Woody's criteria for hiring Idzik was to rid the team of Revis, so there's no shot they would have brought him back.
4) o-line has been an issue for the past 2 years. We found a decent RT finally in howard. what does idzik do? let him walk of course. Now i know the raider in typical raider fashion overpaid for him, but his replacement....was the worst RT in all of football last year. Thats how he graded out. oh and he led the NFL in holding penalties. We still have issues at guard.
I don't know where you're getting your shit from, but I found their comparable rankings on PFF:
5) vowed to support geno and give him better targets, failed. he downgraded the o-line, let our best WR go, had a chance to grab maclin, nicks, sanders etc. instead gets decker for way too much. Has a chance to get sproles, nope goes to the eagles.
OL is not downgraded. Had no chance at Maclin. Nicks and Sanders are still unemployed. Decker's contract is less than what everyone was expecting (because he probably wanted to be in NYC for his reality show that he didn't mind taking a NFL discount to make VH1 money).
- Member Title:
- Assistant Head Coach
- 14 years old
- September 19, 1999