Reputation: 11 Good
- Active Posts:
- 6,085(1.82 per day)
- Most Active In:
- THE JETS HUDDLE (3229 posts)
- 28-November 05
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Nov 06 2014 10:44 PM
- NFL Team:
Topics I've Started
Posted 10 May 2014Alright, I believe this isn't a Rex pick but Idzik fell in love with a kid he sees as the next Earl Thomas.
Granted there isn't a lot of film on this guy, but I saw the cut ups of his 3 2013 games and a couple of his 2012 games and two things jump out at you: he is a tackling machine & he plays the ball in the air very well. The predraft machine pegged him as a slot CB, but he looks like a natural center fielder to me.
Check out the measurables:
E Thomas in 2010: 5'10", 203lbs 4.44 40 dash. Labeled an undersized SS with big play ability.
DMcD: 5'10", 198lbs, 4.43 40 dash.
Thomas is the leader of LOB, Maryland created and awarded the inaugural "Dexter McDougle Ultimate Team Player Award".
Posted 23 Apr 2014My mock draft. I'm pretending I'm Idzik here, so these aren't necessarily my picks but whatever. I think there's a high likelihood that we end up trading out of 18, but I decided to not trade any picks.
18. Teddy Bridgewater (BOOOOOOO!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) Okay so this isn't going to be a fan favorite move initially but let me explain why I think Idzik will jump on Bridgewater if he falls. Everyone knows that this is a QB league. Everyone knows that Idzik is basically trying to duplicate Seattle's success in NY. Bidgewater has a lot of the same qualities that DengeRuss has, maybe he isn't as elusive or doesn't have that strong of an arm BUT Teddy is basically a coach on the field. He is super motivated. He doesn't make mental errors and he comes from a Pro System. He will thrive in a rhythm, quick pass system that MM runs.
Why would we draft a QB with a high draft pick when we have Vick and Geno? Well Vick is a one year stop gap. Geno is a second rounder, didn't exactly blow anyone away his rookie year and carries a small price tag. Remember, Seattle drafted Russell AFTER they gave a big fat contract to Matt Flynn and it paid off in spades for them. Idzik will not hesitate to grab a guy he thinks can become a future All Pro because he has Geno.
49. Jordan Matthews (WR) We just learned that Idzik offered Sidney Rice a bigger paycheck but Rice chose Seattle anyway. Clearly, we're still in the WR market. I think Matthews is a 1st round talent and is the total package. He is tall, great hands, good speed, highly productive, strong blocker and he's a relative of Jerry Rice.
80. Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE) I think this will be a BPA pick that will be used to addressed the weakest part of our depth chart. I think we have enough bodies at CB, FS and OL that TE will be a priority. Cumberland is average on his best day and behind him we have Sudfield. If Sudfield ends up starting at any point, Idzik will be at fault.
104. Brandon Thomas (OG) This kid will fall because of the torn ACL and I'm guessing that this is about the right spot for him. Idzik carries himself as a methodical task master with a eye towards the future. Well here's a guy who could be a stud down the line in 2015 and beyond.
115. Loucheiz Purifoy (CB) I'd be lying if I said I knew the difference between him and the other half dozen DBs that are mocked in the mid 4th but he seems to be the popular name and supposedly is a man corner. Why the hell not.
137. Shayne Skov (ILB) This is basically David Harris 2.0 I'm mocking him here because I doubt Harris plays for the Jets at his current salary beyond this season.
154. Brandon Coleman (WR) I think that Stephen Hill is finished as a Jet. I think that at this point in the draft, Coleman is a steal and a half. I think he'll go in the top of the 4th but Walter Football had him in the Mid 5th. I think that if this is the case, Idzik will cut his loses with Hill (not really his loses) and doubles up on a big body WR.
Round 6. The rest of the draft we will Round out with some DBs and OLs.
Posted 20 Mar 2014
- Member Title:
- Assistant Head Coach
- 15 years old
- September 19, 1999